HALO INFINITE: OPEN WORLD OR NAH?

So do you guys think the new halo will be open world or not? cause when i seen the trailer it looked like an open world forge sort of thing, so get me your opinions :+1:

I doubt it will, as it’d be new, dangerous, and 343 would have to be very cautious about it. It’s a scale that can easily tip one way or another, and personally I think they won’t. At most I believe it will have more open level designs like in HCE but most likely not textbook open world.

If it ends up being open world I would prefer it be like Metro Exodus. Where there are levels, but some of them are more open ended while others are linear. But personally I really just want it to be a great Halo game if they can work in bigger more open ended spaces into a Halo game I’d be down.

I don’t really see infinite being open world. I like the idea of more open levels that give you chance to look around and have a less linear experience.

> 2535462262823947;1:
> So do you guys think the new halo will be open world or not? cause when i seen the trailer it looked like an open world forge sort of thing, so get me your opinions :+1:

I’m hoping it is. However, I’m not sure it will be. I think it will be more like Halo CE where some levels can be tackled in different ways, but we need more in the vast open spaces. We’ll find out Sunday, or not.

I think it would be really cool that if after the campaign is over you can have open world elements like destiny did. But im not sure if 343 has the audacity to implement something so controversial after their terrible debut of MCC and Halo 5.

well I want it to be like CE big expansion level design but not like gta

I’d rather the return of CE sized levels.

Open world would kill the momentum of the plot and make ‘infinite’ actually the the smallest halo game, as the other titles have you bouncing around star systems and across halo rings. The sheer size and vastness of a halo ring would be reduced down so you dont get huge fields of nothing. I mean between the 2nd and 3rd level of CE move 300 km, would take hours to traverse in current vehicles.

Personally I doubt Halo Infinite will be open world. I don’t think it would be very easy to have a MC centered story without having it be a linear story.

That said, the levels don’t have to be linear. Like others have said larger CE sized campaign missions could be a way to make the missions seem much larger and expansive without having it be a open world game.

If by open world you mean like Skyrim or Farcry or something, then I definitely do NOT want open world. Open world always involves more RPG elements and I don’t want that in Halo and for the record, I like RPGs. I want Halo to be levels!

Going open world would be a mistake I think, and a big one at that. If MS wants an open world Halo game, then make one that isn’t the main series. That would be fine.

I personally hope it’s not open world, a la Red Dead Redemption or the like.

Don’t get me wrong. I love me some RDR2, but Halo just isn’t that kind of game and I don’t need it to be.

That said, I expect something to be static about the game, a way to keep folks engaged a la Destiny. Not sure that’s exactly open world. maybe somthing in between?

I really hope it isn’t Open-World…Expansive levels like ‘Halo’ from Halo:CE, and ‘The Covenant’ from Halo 3? Yes.

I don’t think open world would work for Halo, that is not to say that open world like elements can’t work for Halo. I can see there being sort of a mission HUB (Carrington institute from Perfect Dark) or even a slightly non-linear campaign like the New Mombasa level in ODST, but as for story it would best to be under a more constructed format such as you are at this place on this time and you have to get this done, other than we have this thing over here, yeah you can get to it whenever you feel like it, after you get 12 gas tanks for the UNSC employed grunts on our little side quest here.

Now even though Masterchief’s story might be a linear story, that is not to say you can’t have a non-linear open world spinoff game for Halo (pretty much ODST 2). You just have to come up with a reasonable narrative why you are not in a rush against the clock to complete objectives. Now of course this means toning the stakes down from save the galaxy to routine patrol (que original Stuntmutt joke). But again as I still believe Infinite is being designed to be a platform and not just a single game. So it is within the realm of possibility but not for the 6th chapter of Spartan 117.

> 2533274992708264;3:
> If it ends up being open world I would prefer it be like Metro Exodus. Where there are levels, but some of them are more open ended while others are linear. But personally I really just want it to be a great Halo game if they can work in bigger more open ended spaces into a Halo game I’d be down.

If it’s gonna be anything it’ll probably be this. Switching to an entire open world would probably feel like too much of a departure from a classic Halo experience.

I think it should be like Halo Combat Evolved. The maps made you feel like you were truly alone on an alien world.

I’d just be happy if it felt more like the first game at least in a lot of ways. There was something just better about it from the mystery to the towering scale felt from certain levels. Amazing stuff and easily my favourite of the series. It’s perhaps hard to emulate mystery in the same way but what of the atmosphere itself which is clearly made up of elements seemingly only in HaloCE.

Larger spaces to really allow for a truly dynamic experience- it would be wise to look to Halo3 3 also in this regard because it’s largest campaign maps in the form of Covenent and The Ark are an example on how to do Halo’s dynamic sandbox the best- you also need decent vehicles like the Chopper but without the floaty vehicle physics introduced into Halo 4 and continued for Halo5

Stop trying to get us to like so many forgettable characters. Unless they’re of the quality of Buck or Sergeant Johnson then there’s no point. Bring Joseph Staten on board if you’re going to go that route

I’m personally against it. I want infinite to have an amazing story and just focus on that. To me I see most open world games lacking in story because well the meat and potatoes of it are the side content you do in between the story. I don’t want that for a Halo game

> 2535462450434439;17:
> I’m personally against it. I want infinite to have an amazing story and just focus on that. To me I see most open world games lacking in story because well the meat and potatoes of it are the side content you do in between the story. I don’t want that for a Halo game

I wouldn’t go as far to say open world games lack story, some of my favorite stories come from open world games.

The problem is its not suited for the pace and scale of a halo game. With the exception of one where I find the open world hinders the game more than helps, open world games tend to be more about the world than the characters. They are ‘slower’ stories meant to immerse, and for the most part, you play a wandering adventurer over a relatively small piece of land.

Chief doesn’t go around doing side quests for coins and loot. He’s not an ‘adventurer’. He’s a soldier who has a mission to do that spans worlds and star systems, not some little province or island.

> 2533274815533909;10:
> If by open world you mean like Skyrim or Farcry or something, then I definitely do NOT want open world. Open world always involves more RPG elements and I don’t want that in Halo and for the record, I like RPGs. I want Halo to be levels!
>
> Going open world would be a mistake I think, and a big one at that. If MS wants an open world Halo game, then make one that isn’t the main series. That would be fine.

Yea i kinda see were youre coming from now lol

I’m sorry but I would love if Halo was More along the lines of Skyrim. Same game play except with guns instead of dragons, hunters. Instead of Giants, elites. The ability to explore a full scale Halo ring and interact with the environment. Same exact combat system like the Halo games we love but immersive story and adventure like Skyrim. Not side quest for coins but side missions via orders resulting in random events along the way.