Halo Infinite - New Designs

Is anyone else disappointed with the revert to MC’s old armor and the potential reverts of other designs? Lore wise, I can’t deny that Chief getting new armor designed by Halsey or whatever would be accurate as Halsey has been wanting to see him since Halo 4, even though Chiefs own armor has been modified by Cortana herself. But going back to an old design… Feels wrong and inaccurate. Artistically and aesthetically, I much rather prefer the Halo 4/5 design, it’s very well proportionate and matches his personality as a soldier and warrior. I feel like 343i may just be riding the nostalgia train a little too much. And I understand a lot of people are subject to nostalgia. I’m just worried about what they may sacrifice to appeal to nostalgia. Thel 'Vadam’s design, as well. It would make no sense whatsoever to change his design back to H2/H3, as he is no longer an Arbiter, and symbolism is a part of their culture. I really hope they keep his new design, it’s really gorgeous. The concept designers did really good with main character armor designs, that they failed in other aspects such as Spartan IV designs.

I’unno, just my two cents on this whole thing.

I agree that Chief’s 4/5 armor is better than his 2/3 armor, but I don’t mind it reverting back to the classic armor. The entire art style is changing, so I don’t really understand how the classic armor wouldn’t fit with the classic art style. At least that’s what I assume you’re saying.

I’m sad because I definitely did enjoy 4/5 armor, if felt more advanced than the classic armor was. Which given the fact that 4/5 takes place 5 years later from Halo 3 it would make sense that the armor is more advanced. But as long as 343I has a story driven reason why the armor changed and hopefully it’s a good reason then I’m okay with the classic armor returning.

I too prefer his Halo 4 & 5 Armor. He looked so BA. But from the Halo Infinite trailer Master Chief’s Helmet didn’t look identical to his old Halo 3 MK VI. And honestly, I would really dislike that if 343i did have him in old armor. Considering the Spartan IV’s have Gen 2, I would assume this armor is an Gen 2.

I just hope it looks more proportionate than the Halo 2 Anniversary cutscenes. Because it looked like a grown man wearing children’s clothes

Im not disappointed in the slightest. It was actually a pleasant surprise for me.

And that nostalgia bit is as empty as a thing to explain peoples opinions as the word “generic” is pretty much just empty word when describing games or their aspects.

“What have you done with my armor?”

And quote is not in this case about the engine showcase armor.

I do not dislike the 4/5 armor, but when I saw the teaser that they have gone back to the H2/3 armor, it’s like the happiest day since a very very long time.

The classic design is where it’s at. The new design that 343 came up with just looks godawful. Hell even the new design for the sangheli is terrible. They just resemble these big hulking beasts. The classic design for both chief and the elites is by far more elegant.

It’s not about nostalgia for me, I just genuinely find the classic art style more aesthetically appealing.

> 2535463399479775;1:
> Thel 'Vadam’s design, as well. It would make no sense whatsoever to change his design back to H2/H3, as he is no longer an Arbiter

Thel’ Vadam is still very much the Arbiter in Halo 5: Guardians. There is nothing to suggest that any other Elite has taken the title.

> Is anyone else disappointed with the revert to MC’s old armor and the potential reverts of other designs?

Yes, actually, I am kind of disappointed that they made a great deal of advancement and are now just throwing it away (or so I assume, can’t really say much until the game comes out). Personally, I am ok with them going back to the old design, but it feels kind of wrong to me. It’s probably because of the outcry for a more ‘nostalgic’ appeal since there were quite a few people who made it quite vocal they cared little for Chief’s new design. (Even if it does subjectively look much better, I always thought Chief looked like an advanced Power Ranger tbh)

I’m speaking for no one when I say this, but I feel it’s likely because Master Chief’s Halo 4/5 armor is a large step away from the formula Bungie originally created for the MJOLNIR armor.

> Lore wise, I can’t deny that Chief getting new armor designed by Halsey or whatever would be accurate as Halsey has been wanting to see him since Halo 4, even though Chiefs own armor has been modified by Cortana herself.

Well, considering Halsey was technically still a criminal and was only aboard the Infinity to help deal with a Forerunner related issue, I don’t know if I can agree. It’s likely her feeding Captain Lasky information about what was going on didn’t quite put her in good graces with Osman. So we can’t assume Osman just lift her K.o.S. charge she gave to Lasky in Spartan Ops and let her just go back to making armor and gearing up humanity. But who knows? Usually when order falls, Martial Law is instated, so everything and anything might be allowed (I’m not literally saying they’ve established Martial Law, but something like it, I forget what it’s called).

> Thel 'Vadam’s design, as well. It would make no sense whatsoever to change his design back to H2/H3, as he is no longer an Arbiter, and symbolism is a part of their culture. I really hope they keep his new design, it’s really gorgeous.

Agreed, it wouldn’t make much sense to go from his Halo 5 armor back to Halo 2/3 armor. His armor is the embodiment of the ‘Alpha’, it makes him appear bigger and much more menacing to anyone who would dare challenge him for his title. However, he is still very much the Arbiter. It’s just the reformed title of Arbiter before the Prophets brought shame to the title. Much like Fal 'Chavamee of old, since I believe he was the first to ‘disgrace’ the name of Arbiter by challenging the faith of the Covenant and the word of the Prophets.

> The concept designers did really good with main character armor designs, that they failed in other aspects such as Spartan IV designs.

Mmm, I agree and disagree. The concept designers did do a pretty darn good job with the main characters armor, but there’s quite a few Spartan IV designs that aren’t too bad if we’re just talking about the armor. There are of course a few bad helmets and a lot of bad chest plates and body armor that could have been done better. But you can’t lump them all together.

> 2535463399479775;1:
> And I understand a lot of people are subject to nostalgia.

You’re missing the point here. Just like you prefer the Halo 4/5 armor design, others prefer the classic armor design. Nothing to do with nostalgia, just that we find the simpler slimmer appearance more appealing.

I am happy about 343i going back to a more classic look. Primarily because I prefer the aforementioned attributes of the classic design, but also because from my point of view, the Halo 4 armor is the thing that should never have happened. 343i shoehorned it in along with a weak excuse for how Chief’s armor had magically changed while he was asleep.

On that note, there are other designs I hope to see reverted, such as the UNSC logo, Covenant species and architecture, Forerunner architecture, and certain aspects of human architecture. Some of these are changes that happened for no good reason, and all of them are inferior in my opinion to the Bungie designs.

However, when it comes to some specifics like Thel 'Vadam’s armor, sure I agree that reverting it back to the Arbiter armor wouldn’t make sense because there’s a very good, very meaningful reason for the armor seen in Halo 5. With that said, if the game’s art direction is drastically different from that of Halo 5, then we could expect some changes to make the new armor more congruent with the game’s art direction. (This is all assuming Thel even makes an appearance in Infinite, which he might not.)

I’m pumped for the classic inspired design. His Infinite armour looks like what H4 should have been in my opinion. Arby’s H5 armour is dope, that I hope they keep.

I’m going to be another dissenting voice here. I much prefer the Halo: Infinite art design of both the armor and the game itself. In my mind 343 kinda did what DC did when the zapped the color out of the world in Halo 4 and Halo 5 and now they are putting the color back in. The bright colors and classic MC armor reminds me of Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3. Even some of Halo: Reach which were objectively speaking better games regardless of opinion on the matter. The writing was better, the character development was better, you learned everything you needed to know by playing the games, and there was lore hiding in areas all over.

I am pumped for Halo: Infinite because it seems to me that 343 may be able to capture that distinguishing feature that made Halo the influencial game it was. From what I can tell by the advertisements and trailers they understand how to enthrall players new and old in the Halo franchise while bringing back the traditional Halo experience.

The only things I’m concerned about, which are big factors in the game, is what roll wil MT’s have exactly, if any, and gameplay. Will 343 be able to bring back the gameplay we experienced in Halo 3 which I think is the best playing casual and competative Halo game we ever had. Reach was fun casually, but not so good for pro teams. Halo 4 made me feel like the game didn’t actually have multiiplayer. Halo 5 is too fast paced and needs to be slowed down some. 5 also needs to do away with the REQ system with 10,000,000 different versions of the same gun that all basically shoot the same. Have 1 BR and if you must have attachments, allow players to add the attachments they want instead of having 1 gun for each variant.

Hopefully you can customize it in the campaign, so everyone gets what they want.
I prefer the Halo 1 armor. Fingers crossed.