Halo Infinite - My Pros and Cons

The wait is finally over. After five long years, we’ve finally seen gameplay of the next major installment in the Halo franchise. These are my thoughts on what was shown.

PROS:

• The banter between the Master Chief and the pilot (Brohammer/Dustin Echoes) suggests enjoyable interactions between the two throughout the game - The (supposed) main antagonist, Escharum, has the potential for a good boss fight - The seamless cutscene-to-gameplay transition is neat - The open world Halo ring is something I’ve wanted for a couple of years now due to the exploration potential - Many of the designs (enemies, weapons, and so on) are more respectful to Halo’s visual identity than the last two mainline entries - Single-use equipment from Halo 3 makes its return - The majority of Spartan Abilities seem to have been removed and replaced by equipment - The more traditional weapon zoom seems to have replaced aiming down the sights - Solid music that once again does a better job of respecting past entries - Being able to throw objects at enemies (and friendlies) is always a good time
    CONS:

• The game’s visuals seem to be attempting to appeal to the Fortnite crowd - There’s a general budget feeling to animations - Sprint, clamber, and slide mechanics will likely carry over to multiplayer
    Overall, my thoughts on the Halo Infinite gameplay reveal are positive. It isn’t exactly what I wanted, but it seems to be 343 Industries’ best attempt at making a Halo game yet. There’s still more to learn about the game, and maybe the visuals and animations will somehow get a massive overhaul within the next few months, but I’m confident that my thoughts won’t change significantly until I actually play the game. This may be a shocker coming from me, but 343 Industries seem to be making an alright Halo game.

> 2535425271455392;1:
> The wait is finally over. After five long years, we’ve finally seen gameplay of the next major installment in the Halo franchise. These are my thoughts on what was shown.
>
> PROS: - The banter between the Master Chief and the pilot (Brohammer/Dustin Echoes) suggests enjoyable interactions between the two throughout the game - The (supposed) main antagonist, Escharum, has the potential for a good boss fight - The seamless cutscene-to-gameplay transition is neat - The open world Halo ring is something I’ve wanted for a couple of years now due to the exploration potential - Many of the designs (enemies, weapons, and so on) are more respectful to Halo’s visual identity than the last two mainline entries - Single-use equipment from Halo 3 makes its return - The majority of Spartan Abilities seem to have been removed and replaced by equipment - The more traditional weapon zoom seems to have replaced aiming down the sights - Solid music that once again does a better job of respecting past entries - Being able to throw objects at enemies (and friendlies) is always a good timeCONS: - The game’s visuals seem to be attempting to appeal to the Fortnite crowd - There’s a general budget feeling to animations - Sprint, clamber, and slide mechanics will likely carry over to multiplayerOverall, my thoughts on the Halo Infinite gameplay reveal are positive. It isn’t exactly what I wanted, but it seems to be 343 Industries’ best attempt at making a Halo game yet. There’s still more to learn about the game, and maybe the visuals and animations will somehow get a massive overhaul within the next few months, but I’m confident that my thoughts won’t change significantly until I actually play the game. This may be a shocker coming from me, but 343 Industries seem to be making an alright Halo game.

Great list, but those are some VERY big cons

> 2535412226505972;2:
> > 2535425271455392;1:
> > The wait is finally over. After five long years, we’ve finally seen gameplay of the next major installment in the Halo franchise. These are my thoughts on what was shown.
> >
> > PROS: - The banter between the Master Chief and the pilot (Brohammer/Dustin Echoes) suggests enjoyable interactions between the two throughout the game - The (supposed) main antagonist, Escharum, has the potential for a good boss fight - The seamless cutscene-to-gameplay transition is neat - The open world Halo ring is something I’ve wanted for a couple of years now due to the exploration potential - Many of the designs (enemies, weapons, and so on) are more respectful to Halo’s visual identity than the last two mainline entries - Single-use equipment from Halo 3 makes its return - The majority of Spartan Abilities seem to have been removed and replaced by equipment - The more traditional weapon zoom seems to have replaced aiming down the sights - Solid music that once again does a better job of respecting past entries - Being able to throw objects at enemies (and friendlies) is always a good timeCONS: - The game’s visuals seem to be attempting to appeal to the Fortnite crowd - There’s a general budget feeling to animations - Sprint, clamber, and slide mechanics will likely carry over to multiplayerOverall, my thoughts on the Halo Infinite gameplay reveal are positive. It isn’t exactly what I wanted, but it seems to be 343 Industries’ best attempt at making a Halo game yet. There’s still more to learn about the game, and maybe the visuals and animations will somehow get a massive overhaul within the next few months, but I’m confident that my thoughts won’t change significantly until I actually play the game. This may be a shocker coming from me, but 343 Industries seem to be making an alright Halo game.
>
> Great list, but those are some VERY big cons

Indeed they are. However, that last one (my biggest concern) has yet to be confirmed.

The cartoonish graphics are pretty much a deal-breaker to me. For a game’s budget worth more than the GDP of some small countries, you’d think they would make the gameplay graphics actually look real/solid/detailed, not like Legos.

> 2533274818575073;4:
> The cartoonish graphics are pretty much a deal-breaker to me. For a game’s budget worth more than the GDP of some small countries, you’d think they would make the gameplay graphics actually look real/solid/detailed, not like Legos.

I really really hope it’s just because it’s old demo footage. Honestly my jaw dropped for the wrong reasons, my first thought is how cartoony and bland it was. The sound of the guns do not help it just sounds the exact same as Halo 5. The HUD could use some work too. Obviously demos don’t show off gameplay properly and for the most part I think the gameplay seems interesting, but I just can’t get over the visuals man

I think your list is nice and succinct. There is a lot to look forward to. I also agree with the sentiment about the cons being significant, but I am still holding on to hope the game will have those issues ironed out by launch day. I especially don’t want to hear the hitmarker sound. That should remain in CoD where it fits well.