Halo Infinite Multiplayer Beta personal feedback

I started playing the halo infinite beta today, and I’d like to share my thought about my gameplay:
1- Audio issues: there are some, like sometimes when I shoot, the weapons do not produce any sound, absolutely fixable.
2- controls: controls are not that responsive, the slide is a little bit “delayed”, and when I sprint, then I slide, I cannot sprint again ( I must press the button again; on halo 5 the sprint was automatic after I slid), it feels weird to me… PLEASE FIX THE MELEE-RELOAD-MELEE COMBO!! it’s not halo 2…
3-Graphics (worst issue in my opinion): framerate is very low -45 fps avg, RX 570 8GB- considering that I play with minimum detais. I think that graphics need some optimization, I know that it is a next-gen game, but again, I think it is more likely an optimization matter, and I hope it is like it, because otherwise I won’t play smoothly, considering that buying a new graphics card is not that affordable, in this period XD

and most important is that on lowest graphics the shades are a little bit wonky, need to be fixed ASAP

4- overall gemplay feels good, it is enjoyable after all. The sound effects feel like they are very weel-finished, the environment details are gorgeous, the weapon sandbox, the power-ups mechanics bring me back to halo 3
5- menus are very polished, I really really REALLY (again, REALLY) like how anyone can customize their gameplay to the millimeter: quite every game aspect can be customized in order to give to the player the best personal gaming experience

you missed #3 lol

I agree with the 2nd point of the original poster. Everything feels so laggy as far as movement. I have been here since the first Halo and consistently through every game up until now the movement/combat has always felt fluid, light, and effortless. There has always been an iconic ‘feel’ in the way the controls felt.

Halo: Infinite on the other hand…the movement mechanics of running, jumping, climbing, the grenade lag, the punch lag just feel like a completely different game. If the character models were not the master chief etc. you could come up with a different name and I would say this is a whole new franchise all together. The short of this is that every piece of the movement feels like you have a 75 pound anvil dragging behind you and really surprised me to see the dramatic difference in control feel. My guess would be because of how you narrowed down the scale of the maps so faster movements and controls would be too fast for smaller maps and break the design all together but I digress…

The other point I agree with from the original post is the graphics. The quality reminds me Half-Life: Counter Strike, grainy and when the opponents light up red on the screen it just cheapens the image more and comes off super pixilated IMO. Again, I think the struggle comes a lot from how 343 decided to scale the maps and the characters. It comes off like they want more close up action while slowing down the movements speeds Halo is known for. Very odd choice. Probably too late in the game to change it at this point.

Take away, it is fun…ish, not as nostalgic as I had anticipated but I’ll still spend a few hours with it when it comes out unlike being glued to it like I have been with previous Halos.

Hope the feedback helps and maybe not too late to cut off the 75 pound anvil the master chief is dragging behind him.

> 2535430700969698;1:
> I started playing the halo infinite beta today, and I’d like to share my thought about my gameplay:
> 1- Audio issues: there are some, like sometimes when I shoot, the weapons do not produce any sound, absolutely fixable.
> 2- controls: controls are not that responsive, the slide is a little bit “delayed”, and when I sprint, then I slide, I cannot sprint again ( I must press the button again; on halo 5 the sprint was automatic after I slid), it feels weird to me…
> 4-Graphics (worst issue in my opinion): framerate is very low -45 fps avg, RX 570 8GB- considering that I play with minimum detais. I think that graphics need some optimization, I know that it is a next-gen game, but again, I think it is more likely an optimization matter, and I hope it is like it, because otherwise I won’t play smoothly, considering that buying a new graphics card is not that affordable, in this period XD
> 5- overall gemplay feels good, it is enjoyable after all. The audio compartment feels like it is very weel-finished, the environment details are gorgeous, the weapon sandbox, the power-ups mechanics bring me back to halo 3
> 6- menus are very polished, I really really REALLY (again, REALLY) like how anyone can customize their gameplay to the millimeter: quite every game aspect can be customized in order to give to the player the best personal gaming experience

You said it more eloquently than I did in my post, but I hit on some of the same things. The slide was really frustrating at out all of it though.

I also think the AI voices are goofy and annoying. Only one of the females sounds normal. I am also hoping the AI bodies are place holders for what the actual AI’s will look like. Because the teardrop, circle, and triangle are amateurish and lacking in imagination. Would love to see a customizable AI, like Cortana that you could fully customize.

> 2533274843158966;2:
> you missed #3 lol

ahahhaha I figured it out now, I have fixed now

> 2535430700969698;1:
> I started playing the halo infinite beta today, and I’d like to share my thought about my gameplay:
> 1- Audio issues: there are some, like sometimes when I shoot, the weapons do not produce any sound, absolutely fixable.
> 2- controls: controls are not that responsive, the slide is a little bit “delayed”, and when I sprint, then I slide, I cannot sprint again ( I must press the button again; on halo 5 the sprint was automatic after I slid), it feels weird to me…
> 3-Graphics (worst issue in my opinion): framerate is very low -45 fps avg, RX 570 8GB- considering that I play with minimum detais. I think that graphics need some optimization, I know that it is a next-gen game, but again, I think it is more likely an optimization matter, and I hope it is like it, because otherwise I won’t play smoothly, considering that buying a new graphics card is not that affordable, in this period XD
>
> and most important is that on lowest graphics the shades are a little bit wonky, need to be fixed ASAP
>
> 4- overall gemplay feels good, it is enjoyable after all. The sound effects feel like they are very weel-finished, the environment details are gorgeous, the weapon sandbox, the power-ups mechanics bring me back to halo 3
> 5- menus are very polished, I really really REALLY (again, REALLY) like how anyone can customize their gameplay to the millimeter: quite every game aspect can be customized in order to give to the player the best personal gaming experience

There is an option for your second point, look in the settings.

> 2533274882123114;6:
> > 2535430700969698;1:
> > I started playing the halo infinite beta today, and I’d like to share my thought about my gameplay:
> > 1- Audio issues: there are some, like sometimes when I shoot, the weapons do not produce any sound, absolutely fixable.
> > 2- controls: controls are not that responsive, the slide is a little bit “delayed”, and when I sprint, then I slide, I cannot sprint again ( I must press the button again; on halo 5 the sprint was automatic after I slid), it feels weird to me…
> > 3-Graphics (worst issue in my opinion): framerate is very low -45 fps avg, RX 570 8GB- considering that I play with minimum detais. I think that graphics need some optimization, I know that it is a next-gen game, but again, I think it is more likely an optimization matter, and I hope it is like it, because otherwise I won’t play smoothly, considering that buying a new graphics card is not that affordable, in this period XD
> >
> > and most important is that on lowest graphics the shades are a little bit wonky, need to be fixed ASAP
> >
> > 4- overall gemplay feels good, it is enjoyable after all. The sound effects feel like they are very weel-finished, the environment details are gorgeous, the weapon sandbox, the power-ups mechanics bring me back to halo 3
> > 5- menus are very polished, I really really REALLY (again, REALLY) like how anyone can customize their gameplay to the millimeter: quite every game aspect can be customized in order to give to the player the best personal gaming experience
>
> There is an option for your second point, look in the settings.

still, the slide is weird to me

Today I started training before getting into a live match it really helped in actual gameplay and im enjoying the new mechanics so far ive been having a blast i sadly missed out last week but today I’ve been enjoying the beta

All i can say is i agree with these points. There are some that i suggest you missed:

*Fix the crouching. Nothing is more annoying knowing that everytime i crouch and stand up as my spartan, it kills strafing speed to where i hardly can move left or right at all.

*Hit detection is terrible on a lot of guns, specifically the sidekick and assault rifle

I’m liking the settings options but I think the main menu to navigate the game feels awful. It was slow and clunky, very buggy in all the flights.