Halo infinite more like halo limited

PLASMA RIFLE BRUTE SHOT BEAM RIFLE ALREADY EQUIPPED THRUSTER PACK
BUBBLE SHILED COVENANT SHIELD BARRIER
HORNETS
WHY ARE YOU BUTCHERING THE NEXT GENERATION OF HALO “COMBAT”

IF Anything, it should’ve could’ve been a greater leap from halo 5 leaving the movement mechanics of halo 5 and introducing the grapple repulse thing and that cheap no protection last 5 seconds shield

ALL abilities onboard the SPARTAN with minor cooldowns

tell me please why when the funds were there from halo 5 and the MCC

4 Likes

Im glad the standard thruster is gone. A lot of people think it made the gameplay faster, but IMO, it made it slower. It was far easier to escape from fire fights because you could thrust into cover quickly. This makes the combat slower because it’s more hiding and chasing than actual fire fights. So yea… im glad the thruster is now an equipment pick up with finite uses.

Everything else you said, I do agree with to an extent.

2 Likes

YEAH THERE WAS HUGE GAP BETWEEN FAST PLAYERS AND SLOW ONES I GET IT SOME CANNOT LET GO OF THE SLOW
123 halos
but for you to accept a step down when the entire thing has always been an evolving platform not devolving speaks FOR ITSELF

AND YOU PICK ONE THING thrusters when yeah that made the game faster and new stats had to be used not the same old 123 halo gameplay for that go play MCC you seem so satisfied to settle with grey i prefer colors
variety AND CHOICE

Yes, so now instead of killing your enemy and being able to dodge and outplay the next enemy WITH MOVEMENT, you are a sitting duck as a one or 2 shot EZ pickings kill…repeat for the entire experience of halo infinite. It’s the entire game. Kill, die, kill die, kill die. (This is because the game is too easy and it’s shallow) Especially if you are matched evenly with skilled players in ranked. It’s a dreadfully boring experience. Theres NOTHING to master other than aiming…which is present in every other FPS ever.

3 Likes

Skill based movement is a thing in halo infinite. Halo 5, it was just a button to zoom you in a direction, but halo infinite has movement tech that takes practice. It’s honestly superior to halo5 I think.

They called this game a “return to form.” The games this would be referring to, namely Halo 3 and prior, were based entirely on sandbox and environment- not movement. Halo Infinite, much unlike Halo 4 and Halo 5, embraces this style of game design.

Halo 5: Guardians was a lot more focused on powerful (and frankly well executed) advanced movement, but that detracted from the combat formula. While cool, things like dodging into cover to avoid grenades or reversing a commitment to a gunfight were really easy, and really slowed combat down significantly. (I personally enjoyed it and appreciate the Thruster item in this game.)

Halo Infinite, by contrast, forces you to either fight or die based on your positioning, your tactical know-how, the placement of your teammates and the available weapons on the map. It’s more punishing to be dumb that way, and depending on the mode and settings, really highlights the skill of the user. Smart players know when to retreat or engage, bad ones take up their fights anywhere, so on and so forth.

But now I’ll actually address the meat of this post.

Subjective take. I personally like the current sandbox, if not for the weirdly done vehicles and the potentially hazardous weapon balancing scheme.

But if we’re talking objectively, then there’s nothing inherently broken in the sandbox, aside from the Brute Choppers that should 100% be able to OHK other vehicles while boosting (super lame that they can’t) and the Ravager, which wouldn’t (and physically couldn’t) hurt a fly.

The advanced movement mechanics being enabled for everyone on start was overbearing and was reduced to just sprint, slide and clamber.

Looking back, we’re only missing thrust-on-start and ground pound. The latter was mostly traversal outside of its occasional offensive use cases, and the prior is already an in-game item. Therefore, most of the movement is still there if you have a thruster item.

If ‘all’ refers to every single item and ability (outside of overshield and active camo) on your spartan with just a cooldown? That sounds like a really cool custom game mode, but for a gameplay standard? That’s a pretty stupid take. But lets break it down, because that has multiple meanings inherently.

If “abilities” is referring to just re-establishing the old movement abilities from Halo 5, then no. It was taken out for a reason. It would be a cool option in custom games, but not as a standard.

If “abilities” is referring to the in-game deployables, like overshields and drop walls? No. I don’t think you were talking about that, so I won’t press the point, but that stays in the campaign lmao

Oh, the funds were there alright, but evidently the creative vision for the game didn’t include putting jet thrusters on every player.

Halo shouldn’t be a mobility shooter.

That is what everyone said upon playing Halo 4, the first of 343’s failures.

Play the campaign dude.

all i see is people confirming that the game is as slow as the 123 halos stating a return to form says it all that’s
not what i am ranting about

if 4-5 had continued like the classics then sure
however, the game evolved new plays were created new ways to outmaneuver your opponent
in other world the future of fast Paist combat
and now for those that tell me TO GO PLAY CAMPAIGN LAST TIME IN HALO WE LEFT OFF WE A NICE DESIGN FOR THE CHIEF A NICE DISIGN FOR MALES AND FEMALES
NONE OF WHAT MADE HALO HALO EXIST IN THE CAMPAIGN I SEARCH UP HALO CLIPS ALL YOU SEE IS THE GRAPPLE
IS THE GRAPPLE THE ONLY THING HOLDING THIS GAME TOGTHER?

2 Likes

If somone used their thrusters to escape from you then you didn’t you use your thruster to the fullest extent to catch him. That was the whole point of equal starts and why everyone started off with one

3 Likes

Halo Infinite is a downgrade from H5

5 Likes

Exactly. Halo 5s movement gave you something to learn other than picking up equipment. Everyone having the same ablities ment you had to learn the “dance” in order to be effective. The kill,die thing is so boring. It’s the reason why I don’t like other shooters like that

4 Likes

Rengaging combat actually made the game faster. Not slower. I was able to flush out people a lot faster in halo 5 because I was able to get up in their face. I get it not many people can handle such fast reactions but it’s definitely not slow. The power ups and power weapons were also there just like Halo 2. Are you saying that they were less of an importance? Because that would be false. It’s ok. You like equipment but it isn’t needed for arena gameplay. Halo 2 is proof of that.

And then you contradict yourself saying the movement is still there. Halo infinite is not a return to form. Classic gameplay is. No Sprint Halo is. Not this half and half nonsense

4 Likes

If Halo infinite isn’t a mobility shooter then why am I seeing slide tricks being preformed? Why does bank slides give you a speed boost? Why is there still clamber fake out tricks? Halo infinite is a mobility shooter. Just a really a bad one. Halo 5 is also still an arena shooter. Because it respects equal starts

3 Likes

Halo Infinite is a seriously massive regression from not just Halo 5, but the Halo franchise as a whole.

4 Likes

Halo CE was the farthest thing from slow. The actual movement was slower, yes… there was only one run speed, no sliding, no grapple, etc., but the pace of the gameplay and fights was WAY faster than H5 or Infinite. The game was designed around getting players into the action ASAP. Times have changed though, and instead of spawning and fighting almost instantaneously, players would rather spend 10-15 seconds sprinting somewhere, sliding, etc. before getting into an actual gunfight. There’s nothing wrong with game design evolving, but saying Halo 1 was slow is definitely not true.

2 Likes

This comes down to what map we are talking about AND kill times. The Halo CE Magnum was a 3 shot. Not 5 like Halo 5 so CE will ofcourse play faster. Each map has its own pace too.

1 Like

This still proves my point. Either firefights are slowed, or kept at a constant pace. The thruster never made the game feel faster. It just felt like a panic button to get to cover. The idea is good, but put into practice, it doesn’t seem as fun as it should be.

1 Like

If someone used it to go behind cover you were never suppose to be fighting him the first place. You were supposed to use your thrust in a different way so that he can’t escape with the thruster. That was the skill. That was the fun and it did work in practice. If the game was slow for you then you are clearly using the abilites to your disadvantage and not advantage

3 Likes

It really is. I genuinely believe Infinite is the worst title of the franchise.

5 Likes