Halo infinite likely will NOT save the franchise…

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

In light of the recent reveal that co-op and forge would both be absent at launch, I have a very strong, growing suspicion this game will not perform well long term. From the very subpar reveal trailer last year to this unfortunate news I don’t think this game will wow halo fans or even gamers in general. I’d wager it’ll be decent, with a campaign and multiplayer experience that’s worth playing until about forge and co-op release. Now to explain why I reason this:

-every other big multiplayer FPS is free. Well not every other one but that vast majority. F2P can both be a blessing and a curse.

-343 and an incorrect, in my opinion, focus on game development. The wrong content is being omitted. But but but… just be patient and wait for forge!1!1! stop complaining!1!1 Wrong thought process. 343 had enough time to devise all of this new armor, new designs for the weapons that already exist (seriously why does 343 keep wasting time reimagining iconic weapons like the plasma rifle every new game despite outcry), ways to monitize the game in the form of colorings, etc. but not enough time to include features like co-op or forge at launch. Is it not fair to question their priorities? Halo infinite seems to be designed as a marketing tool first rather than a game first.

-sub par multiplayer experience. This is largely personal but I don’t think this game is similar to halo ce,2, or most importantly (as the equipment features draws unwarranted comparison) halo 3. This game plays much more like halo 5 with neutered movement options. The everything, full time viable approach (I.e. tight spread on full autos, smart link/ads, bloated weapon sandbox and now potentially modified weapons?) is at odds with classic halo design. There is no incentive to use anything besides full autos if they have all of these features I listed. They are lower skill than slow rate of fire precision weapons. That is a primary reason games like quake or counter strike are both considered high skill games (where there is a huge penalty for missing) while cod is not (low penalty for missing).

-tough competition. Infinite is competing with games like fortnite and apex, other f2p fps games on both console and pc and games like cs on pc. Halo isn’t a big name anymore. I think public sentiment is that its a franchise that used to be good. It’s going to be very tough to get players to transfer from other FPS (often free mind you) and stay for a good amount of time.

-bad track record. I think most people who were dissatisfied with 343’s previous releases left halo. Silent majority. Player counts of 5 (idk if 4s was ever made public) and MCC support that halo isn’t a big name anymore. 343 has managed to lessen the community every single release either with bad/incomplete launches, and bad gameplay/huge gameplay departures and it seems they are following suit in at least one of these regards when infinite launches.

all this being said, I hope the campaign experience is good. In fact, I think the campaign experience will be good. Campaign, however, does not get returning players especially without co-op. I personally have low interest in the multiplayer and I suspect infinite’s multiplayer will be little more than a trend like fall guys. I’m ready (and hope) I’m wrong but there is little to dissuade my fears and much to reinforce them.

yes, this game is going to trainwreck hard. The lackluster marketing confirms this. They know it will wreck, and therefore will not show too much and draw as little attention to it as possible.

Speculation on my part of course. If this game turns out to be really good after all, everyone involved in marketing this game needs to go back to school.

The game will be fine. Everyone is overacting.

Y’all need to find better things to worry about…

> 2732317809650829;4:
> Y’all need to find bigger things to worry about…

You’re right. Shut down the Halo forums. There are bigger things in life, therefore casually posting to message boards about trivial silliness like entertainment is not worth it in the long run. Just get rid of this time waster.

People want to talk about the upcoming Halo game on the Halo forums and somehow this is unacceptable to you.

I agree with OP. The deluge of cheaters that f2p brings is not going to be overcome by questionable ADSing and a campaign you can’t even play with your friends.

> 2533274793006817;5:
> > 2732317809650829;4:
> > Y’all need to find bigger things to worry about…
>
> You’re right. Shut down the Halo forums. There are bigger things in life, therefore casually message boards about trivial silliness like entertainment is not worth it in the long run. Just get rid of this time waster.
>
> People want to talk about the upcoming Halo game on the Halo forums and somehow this is unacceptable to you.
>
> I agree with OP. The deluge of cheaters that f2p brings is not going to be overcome by questionable ADSing and a campaign you can’t even play with your friends.

Bit dramatic don’t you think?

> 2732317809650829;4:
> Y’all need to find better things to worry about…

people can have better things to worry about and still express opinions, sorry that everyone isnt on your level

I just truly hope Infinite have a succes bigger than what I expected just to see how all the dudes that keep with the same topic of “Halo won’t be the same”, “delay”, “this is not Halo”, “this isn’t going to save the franchise” shut them out. There’s a truly necessity to be heard, doesn’t it?

> 2535428610650002;6:
> > 2533274793006817;5:
> > > 2732317809650829;4:
> > > Y’all need to find bigger things to worry about…
> >
> > You’re right. Shut down the Halo forums. There are bigger things in life, therefore casually message boards about trivial silliness like entertainment is not worth it in the long run. Just get rid of this time waster.
> >
> > People want to talk about the upcoming Halo game on the Halo forums and somehow this is unacceptable to you.
> >
> > I agree with OP. The deluge of cheaters that f2p brings is not going to be overcome by questionable ADSing and a campaign you can’t even play with your friends.
>
> Bit dramatic don’t you think?

lol. Hey, I’m just responding with the same amount of hyperbole as the person who said people shouldn’t be talking about Halo on the official Halo forums.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

Back in your plant you and your negative yesterday news. This is now the forum for positive, hyped up chat on Halo anniversary Day 1.

I’m sad now I didn’t get the
Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Halo Infinite Limited Edition there all gone.

> 2533274792737987;3:
> The game will be fine. Everyone is overacting.

I agree with this person. :grin: