Halo infinite is not the halo I remember

Every halo game had one thing in common, no open world, new weapons but still familiar, deliver hope, enemies that makes you somewhat careful with each step you take but all this has been thrown out the window for me… Me personally felt really disappointed and sad when I saw the gameplay and it just reminded me of Destiny. When they said they would go back to the formula I wasn’t expecting them to throw out the classic weapon designs like the shotgun which looks like crap and I’m guessing the new dmr which also doesn’t look Halo. I was ready to buy the new console and collectors edition if it came out but now I’m ready to let halo go instead

EDIT: Note these are my personal opinions

Honestly I’m very nervous about all these new weapons I feel like the added too much I wish they were more gradual with everything. Honestly if the gun play feels like Halo and these weapons fit with Halo then I’m fine.

Its still too early to tell but as someone who was hell bent on buying Halo Infinite I’m kind of cautious about buying it now and mostly turned off by this trailer.

[deleted]

My thoughts completely. I’m gutted.

> 2535431951485053;2:
> Honestly I’m very nervous about all these new weapons I feel like the added too much I wish they were more gradual with everything. Honestly if the gun play feels like Halo and these weapons fit with Halo then I’m fine.
>
> Its still too early to tell but as someone who was hell bent on buying Halo Infinite I’m kind of cautious about buying it now and mostly turned off by this trailer.

Completely agree, if the weapons felt like halo and the gameplay didn’t resemble Titanfall mixed together with Destiny then I wouldn’t have a problem either. but even the choice of an open world felt completely off for me

Halo died today.

rip master chief

> 2533274980622841;5:
> > 2535431951485053;2:
> > Honestly I’m very nervous about all these new weapons I feel like the added too much I wish they were more gradual with everything. Honestly if the gun play feels like Halo and these weapons fit with Halo then I’m fine.
> >
> > Its still too early to tell but as someone who was hell bent on buying Halo Infinite I’m kind of cautious about buying it now and mostly turned off by this trailer.
>
> Completely agree, if the weapons felt like halo and the gameplay didn’t resemble Titanfall mixed together with Destiny then I wouldn’t have a problem either. but even the choice of an open world felt completely off for me

I mean I won’t know if they feel like Halo until I play the game myself, I really could care less what happens with the campaign or even if it has one tbh as long as the multiplayer is fine I’m fine

I found this, it literally looks worse than halo 3 lmao.

> 2535431951485053;7:
> > 2533274980622841;5:
> > > 2535431951485053;2:
> > > Honestly I’m very nervous about all these new weapons I feel like the added too much I wish they were more gradual with everything. Honestly if the gun play feels like Halo and these weapons fit with Halo then I’m fine.
> > >
> > > Its still too early to tell but as someone who was hell bent on buying Halo Infinite I’m kind of cautious about buying it now and mostly turned off by this trailer.
> >
> > Completely agree, if the weapons felt like halo and the gameplay didn’t resemble Titanfall mixed together with Destiny then I wouldn’t have a problem either. but even the choice of an open world felt completely off for me
>
> I mean I won’t know if they feel like Halo until I play the game myself, I really could care less what happens with the campaign or even if it has one tbh as long as the multiplayer is fine I’m fine

oh then I misunderstood and we completely disagree

[deleted]

> 2533274980622841;1:
> Every halo game had one thing in common, no open world, new weapons but still familiar, deliver hope, enemies that makes you somewhat careful with each step you take but all this has been thrown out the window for me… Me personally felt really disappointed and sad when I saw the gameplay and it just reminded me of Destiny. When they said they would go back to the formula I wasn’t expecting them to throw out the classic weapon designs like the shotgun which looks like crap and I’m guessing the new dmr which also doesn’t look Halo. I was ready to buy the new console and collectors edition if it came out but now I’m ready to let halo go instead
>
> EDIT: Note these are my personal opinions

I was very disappointed with the gameplay shown today. The game is basically a Halo themed Destiny with some guns that look like they’re from Doom. I didn’t like how the game looked and I thought the animations were meh. It seemed more like a fan made Halo game. I actually think Project Contingency looks better. I’m really annoyed that the enhanced mobility crap from Halo 5 is still mostly there with sprint, sliding, and now a grappling hook. I was really expecting the classic art style to return but instead we have a classic looking Master Chief and (kind of) AR, Halo 4-5 looking covenant, and really out of place everything else. I don’t care for the open world crap. Ever since he got out of the pelican I was thinking *This is not Halo. This game plays so much like Destiny.*If this is what this game is going to be when it comes out, I’m right there with you. I’m not buying this game if it’s like this and if this is the direction the developers want to take Halo then I guess this is the end of the line for me with Halo.

> 2533274841479733;8:
> https://twitter.com/LucasN308/status/1286341038874013696
>
> I found this, it literally looks worse than halo 3 lmao.

It’s not technically better, it’s the art style that is wrong

It’s on gamepass , so I’ll try it out regardless and not feel ripped if I don’t enjoy it , unlike h5 where I felt utterly ripped .

> 2533274916415091;11:
> > 2533274980622841;1:
> > Every halo game had one thing in common, no open world, new weapons but still familiar, deliver hope, enemies that makes you somewhat careful with each step you take but all this has been thrown out the window for me… Me personally felt really disappointed and sad when I saw the gameplay and it just reminded me of Destiny. When they said they would go back to the formula I wasn’t expecting them to throw out the classic weapon designs like the shotgun which looks like crap and I’m guessing the new dmr which also doesn’t look Halo. I was ready to buy the new console and collectors edition if it came out but now I’m ready to let halo go instead
> >
> > EDIT: Note these are my personal opinions
>
> Ever since he got out of the pelican I was thinking This is not Halo. This game plays so much like Destiny.

Those were my exact thoughts as well. As soon as he attacked those first enemies in the demo I thought to myself “wait a minute, this is too much like destiny and nothing about halo” I also felt a mix with Titanfall when we saw that he actually got a grappling hook which I never thought he would get because well for me personally Master chief having a grappling hook is ridiculous

> 2533274822200673;6:
> Halo died today.
>
> rip master chief

You could argue that it’s been dead. People have just refused to see it.

> 2533274819984192;15:
> > 2533274822200673;6:
> > Halo died today.
> >
> > rip master chief
>
> You could argue that it’s been dead. People have just refused to see it.

Me personally think it died today in the form of it tried to be Titanfall and Destiny instead of being just a Halo game

> 2533274980622841;16:
> > 2533274819984192;15:
> > > 2533274822200673;6:
> > > Halo died today.
> > >
> > > rip master chief
> >
> > You could argue that it’s been dead. People have just refused to see it.
>
> Me personally think it died today in the form of it tried to be Titanfall and Destiny instead of being just a Halo game

Bruh, that’s been the case since Halo 5! And Halo 4 tried to be like CoD. Halo hasn’t been Halo since ODST ended.

> 2533274841479733;8:
> https://twitter.com/LucasN308/status/1286341038874013696I found this, it literally looks worse than halo 3 lmao.

Wow. When put into perspective, it looks like someone spent a week trying recreate the assault rifle from week, not a professional developer who literally spent years on it. Sad and disappointing to see.

> 2535431951485053;2:
> Honestly I’m very nervous about all these new weapons I feel like the added too much I wish they were more gradual with everything. Honestly if the gun play feels like Halo and these weapons fit with Halo then I’m fine.
>
> Its still too early to tell but as someone who was hell bent on buying Halo Infinite I’m kind of cautious about buying it now and mostly turned off by this trailer.

I was thinking the same thing with the new explosive weapon the brute were using. Why couldn’t they use the brute shot instead, or at least the concussion rifle? It looked like something from Titanfall 2.

> 2533274980622841;14:
> > 2533274916415091;11:
> > > 2533274980622841;1:
> > >
> >
> > Ever since he got out of the pelican I was thinking This is not Halo. This game plays so much like Destiny.
>
> Those were my exact thoughts as well. As soon as he attacked those first enemies in the demo I thought to myself “wait a minute, this is too much like destiny and nothing about halo” I also felt a mix with Titanfall when we saw that he actually got a grappling hook which I never thought he would get because well for me personally Master chief having a grappling hook is ridiculous

Master Chief having a grappling hook IS ridiculous. I haven’t played Titanfall but I have played Destiny. But yeah, basically every time they showed something new like a weapon (or the grappling hook) I was like oh no. oh no. this isn’t Halo. I’m actually pretty upset with 343 right now. For the last 8 years we have been complaining that we don’t like the direction they are taking Halo in terms of art design, enhanced mobility, gameplay, etc… and then THIS is what they come up with? Sometimes it feels like screaming at a wall. I almost thought we got through to them this time with Infinite but then I saw this.