Halo Infinite is not Next Generation Xbox

I keep hearing people saying Halo Infinite will be for a next generation Xbox. The answer is, no. It’s confirmed to be for Xbox One and PC. We still have a long ways to go before we see a Halo for a next generation Xbox title.

> 2533274883624877;1:
> I keep hearing people saying Halo Infinite will be for a next generation Xbox. The answer is, no. It’s confirmed to be for Xbox One and PC. We still have a long ways to go before we see a Halo for a next generation Xbox title.

It’s been confirmed to be coming to the Xbox One family and PC, that’s true and I believe it will. However, it might be a cross gen release, coming out on the next console and the current family and PC. Halo Infinte could launch in 2020, and many sources predict the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will launch 2020. Obviously it speculation, and we don’t have much info from 343i, but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.

> 2533274883624877;1:
> I keep hearing people saying Halo Infinite will be for a next generation Xbox. The answer is, no. It’s confirmed to be for Xbox One and PC. We still have a long ways to go before we see a Halo for a next generation Xbox title.

Yes, Frankie confirmed the game is going to be on Xbox One and PC. However, he never denied it being on the next Xbox. Xbox Scarlett is coming in 2020 with info from Brad Sams, who’s right about basically everything. Infinite is most likely going to be cross-gen and cross platform, where it can be played on Xbox One, PC, and Xbox Scarlett.

Perhaps they mean it’ll be cross gen? Meaning it’ll be available for current and next gen consoles.

> 2592250499819446;2:
> > 2533274883624877;1:
> > I keep hearing people saying Halo Infinite will be for a next generation Xbox. The answer is, no. It’s confirmed to be for Xbox One and PC. We still have a long ways to go before we see a Halo for a next generation Xbox title.
>
> It’s been confirmed to be coming to the Xbox One family and PC, that’s true and I believe it will. However, it might be a cross gen release, coming out on the next console and the current family and PC. Halo Infinte could launch in 2020, and many sources predict the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will launch 2020. Obviously it speculation, and we don’t have much info from 343i, but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.

partially incorrect sony said not for at least 3 years which would point to 2021

The game states that it will use the power of the Xbox One family. We have no idea what the next generation Xbox will be. The next Xbox consoles could be part of the One family. I doubt it, but it is a possibility and as everyone else said, they did not say it wouldn’t be on other consoles.

> 2533274817390757;6:
> The game states that it will use the power of the Xbox One family. We have no idea what the next generation Xbox will be. The next Xbox consoles could be part of the One family. I doubt it, but it is a possibility and as everyone else said, they did not say it wouldn’t be on other consoles.

one quote phil did say was that gamers on older hardware would not be left behind besides I cant see how much more powerful this one is gonna be from this gen as the x is already doing 4K visuals

MS is being so tight-lipped with stuff these days. I understand why, but it also leaves the general fan base hanging, left to speculate and get expectations wildly out of control. I would love to be wrong, but, in the words of K2SO from Rogue One, the likelihood of Halo Infinite releasing in 2020 as a cross-gen game is, "high. It’s very high."

> 2533274867591496;5:
> > 2592250499819446;2:
> > > 2533274883624877;1:
> > > I keep hearing people saying Halo Infinite will be for a next generation Xbox. The answer is, no. It’s confirmed to be for Xbox One and PC. We still have a long ways to go before we see a Halo for a next generation Xbox title.
> >
> > It’s been confirmed to be coming to the Xbox One family and PC, that’s true and I believe it will. However, it might be a cross gen release, coming out on the next console and the current family and PC. Halo Infinte could launch in 2020, and many sources predict the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will launch 2020. Obviously it speculation, and we don’t have much info from 343i, but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.
>
> partially incorrect sony said not for at least 3 years which would point to 2021

You have a link for Sony stating that ? It would be a huge invitation for Microsoft to get the edge on them, I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I would like to see the statement.

Edit, I just scoured the internet, and posts as recent as the last few days, and even hours predict a 2020 release for the next generation of consoles.

> 2592250499819446;9:
> > 2533274867591496;5:
> > > 2592250499819446;2:
> > > > 2533274883624877;1:
> > > > I keep hearing people saying Halo Infinite will be for a next generation Xbox. The answer is, no. It’s confirmed to be for Xbox One and PC. We still have a long ways to go before we see a Halo for a next generation Xbox title.
> > >
> > > It’s been confirmed to be coming to the Xbox One family and PC, that’s true and I believe it will. However, it might be a cross gen release, coming out on the next console and the current family and PC. Halo Infinte could launch in 2020, and many sources predict the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will launch 2020. Obviously it speculation, and we don’t have much info from 343i, but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.
> >
> > partially incorrect sony said not for at least 3 years which would point to 2021
>
> You have a link for Sony stating that ? It would be a huge invitation for Microsoft to get the edge on them, I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I would like to see the statement.
>
> Edit, I just scoured the internet, and posts as recent as the last few days, and even hours predict a 2020 release for the next generation of consoles.

https://www.hypable.com/ps5-release-date/

Probably be dual generation like BotW.

> 2592250499819446;2:
> > 2533274883624877;1:
> > I keep hearing people saying Halo Infinite will be for a next generation Xbox. The answer is, no. It’s confirmed to be for Xbox One and PC. We still have a long ways to go before we see a Halo for a next generation Xbox title.
>
> It’s been confirmed to be coming to the Xbox One family and PC, that’s true and I believe it will. However, it might be a cross gen release, coming out on the next console and the current family and PC. Halo Infinte could launch in 2020, and many sources predict the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will launch 2020. Obviously it speculation, and we don’t have much info from 343i, but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.

We don’t even know what Scarlett is yet. It’s all pure rumor and speculation. Remember the whole Halo 3A disaster? Let’s just assume there is not going to be a new Xbox for a while.

> 2533274867591496;10:
> > 2592250499819446;9:
> > > 2533274867591496;5:
> > > > 2592250499819446;2:
> > > > > 2533274883624877;1:
> > > > > I keep hearing people saying Halo Infinite will be for a next generation Xbox. The answer is, no. It’s confirmed to be for Xbox One and PC. We still have a long ways to go before we see a Halo for a next generation Xbox title.
> > > >
> > > > It’s been confirmed to be coming to the Xbox One family and PC, that’s true and I believe it will. However, it might be a cross gen release, coming out on the next console and the current family and PC. Halo Infinte could launch in 2020, and many sources predict the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will launch 2020. Obviously it speculation, and we don’t have much info from 343i, but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.
> > >
> > > partially incorrect sony said not for at least 3 years which would point to 2021
> >
> > You have a link for Sony stating that ? It would be a huge invitation for Microsoft to get the edge on them, I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I would like to see the statement.
> >
> > Edit, I just scoured the internet, and posts as recent as the last few days, and even hours predict a 2020 release for the next generation of consoles.
>
> https://www.hypable.com/ps5-release-date/

Yeah, I figured you would link that article, they did not say “not for at least three years” It states the release date for PS5 is coming in the next three years. I’m guessing Xmas 2020, that’s twenty eight months from when that article was written, it’s within the three year period. I could be wrong, time will tell.

> 2535420667885857;12:
> > 2592250499819446;2:
> > > 2533274883624877;1:
> > > I keep hearing people saying Halo Infinite will be for a next generation Xbox. The answer is, no. It’s confirmed to be for Xbox One and PC. We still have a long ways to go before we see a Halo for a next generation Xbox title.
> >
> > It’s been confirmed to be coming to the Xbox One family and PC, that’s true and I believe it will. However, it might be a cross gen release, coming out on the next console and the current family and PC. Halo Infinte could launch in 2020, and many sources predict the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will launch 2020. Obviously it speculation, and we don’t have much info from 343i, but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.
>
> We don’t even know what Scarlett is yet. It’s all pure rumor and speculation. Remember the whole Halo 3A disaster? Let’s just assume there is not going to be a new Xbox for a while.

True we don’t know what Scarlett is, however Phil Spencer stated at E3 that they’re working on new hardware, and it’s needed imo, the day one Xbox One is under powered for some games, newer consoles are coming, and I believe it will be sooner rather than later.

I believe Halo Infinite will be a cross gen launch title, and I believe the new machines will launch in late 2020, I could be wrong, time will tell. I hope I am wrong as far as Halo Infinite goes, I was hoping next year.

I hope Microsoft is going for a no players left behind, where we’re not forced to buy a new system because of noncompatible games. Sony and Nintendo just leave players behind, charge or have a service for backwards compatibility, and always make the previous system obsolete.

Backwards compatibility on Xbox One is the best, but we have to wait for our favorite games, which is why I hope XBS (Scarlett) has Original, 360, and One drives to pop in and play the games without waiting. That way you can party chat on Halo 2 original with friends on MCC or Halo 3 Original.

> 2533274919781308;14:
> I hope Microsoft is going for a no players left behind, where we’re not forced to buy a new system because of noncompatible games. Sony and Nintendo just leave players behind, charge or have a service for backwards compatibility, and always make the previous system obsolete.
>
> Backwards compatibility on Xbox One is the best, but we have to wait for our favorite games, which is why I hope XBS (Scarlett) has Original, 360, and One drives to pop in and play the games without waiting. That way you can party chat on Halo 2 original with friends on MCC or Halo 3 Original.

im pretty sure phil said when scorpio was revealed that all games would be future compatible

A new Xbox is still a bit a ways off.

> 2533274867591496;15:
> > 2533274919781308;14:
> > I hope Microsoft is going for a no players left behind, where we’re not forced to buy a new system because of noncompatible games. Sony and Nintendo just leave players behind, charge or have a service for backwards compatibility, and always make the previous system obsolete.
> >
> > Backwards compatibility on Xbox One is the best, but we have to wait for our favorite games, which is why I hope XBS (Scarlett) has Original, 360, and One drives to pop in and play the games without waiting. That way you can party chat on Halo 2 original with friends on MCC or Halo 3 Original.
>
> im pretty sure phil said when scorpio was revealed that all games would be future compatible

It was one of their talking points during that E3, can confirm. But I don’t think they ever outright said that future release would be supported by old hardware, they just said that they were looking towards keeping existing hardware relevant in the future, by treating the different hardware SKUs more as different tiers of entry to the same “Xbox” platform, as a whole, and moving past traditional console “generations.”

It sounded like they were looking to permanently move towards a more iterative upgrade cycle, and not necessarily the full “next-gen” upgrades consoles traditionally get. I.e., the “Scarlett” will likely be to the One X what the One X was to the XB1; not a true generational update, but more of a general performance upgrade. It’s essentially the same cycle that phone hardware goes through, now.

Just as new phone apps tend to still suport older-gen phones, it sounds like future Xbox games could still play on older-gen consoles. Obviously, Xbox games will need to stop supporting older hardware at some point, but I think it pretty likely that the OG XB1 will still be supported through at least the “Scarlett” generation.

> 2533274813244926;17:
> > 2533274867591496;15:
> > > 2533274919781308;14:
> > > I hope Microsoft is going for a no players left behind, where we’re not forced to buy a new system because of noncompatible games. Sony and Nintendo just leave players behind, charge or have a service for backwards compatibility, and always make the previous system obsolete.
> > >
> > > Backwards compatibility on Xbox One is the best, but we have to wait for our favorite games, which is why I hope XBS (Scarlett) has Original, 360, and One drives to pop in and play the games without waiting. That way you can party chat on Halo 2 original with friends on MCC or Halo 3 Original.
> >
> > im pretty sure phil said when scorpio was revealed that all games would be future compatible
>
> It was one of their talking points during that E3, can confirm. But I don’t think they ever outright said that future release would be supported by old hardware, they just said that they were looking towards keeping existing hardware relevant in the future, by treating the different hardware SKUs more as different tiers of entry to the same “Xbox” platform, as a whole, and moving past traditional console “generations.”
>
> It sounded like they were looking to permanently move towards a more iterative upgrade cycle, and not necessarily the full “next-gen” upgrades consoles traditionally get. I.e., the “Scarlett” will likely be to the One X what the One X was to the XB1; not a true generational update, but more of a general performance upgrade. It’s essentially the same cycle that phone hardware goes through, now.
>
> Just as new phone apps tend to still suport older-gen phones, it sounds like future Xbox games could still play on older-gen consoles. Obviously, Xbox games will need to stop supporting older hardware at some point, but I think it pretty likely that the OG XB1 will still be supported through at least the “Scarlett” generation.

ah ok that’s what I figured

Well, we need to be more realistic too. The Slipspace Engine it’s not finished yet and probably still forming a great team instead already building the game. We proximity of facts how the development is going are on the 343i website. Make triple A now days requires time and investment.
Let not create anxiety to launch early to make a unfinished poorly game. For me, they could take the time they want to create a masterpiece, even with will wait until next gen (almost 3-4 years to go).