Halo Infinite is not a game (in a sense)

So just to clarify I think there is a lot of misconceptions of what Halo Infinite is and everyone is looking at it the wrong way. Granted that is understandable because the information 343 is giving us is very little information (not a good sign but it is s common practice so no flags there). No doubt Halo Infinite is a sequel but it is not a sequel to Halo 5, as so many other players are looking at it, instead it is more of a sequel to the Master Chief Collection.

What I mean, is well on these forums everyone is looking at Halo 5 and thinking that is the structure Halo Infinite will take. Now looking back at Halo 5 the most critically panned halo game next to launch version of the MCC. But with MCC’s continued development and port to PC there is more potential in that platform (both in terms of player experience and monitization) than there is left in Halo 5. So the way I see things I have come to the conclusion that Halo Infinite is not going to be a game much like H4 & H5, but a platform for games much like how the MCC is a platform for all the classic halo remasters. Now it will have a game inside upon release which would be story wise a sequel to H5 and that is Halo chapter 6 or Master Chief chapter 6, whatever you want to call it. But when we are looking at what Halo Infinite is and making requests of what it would contain, it is best to understand what the framework is going to be first. Halo Infinite will have Halo 6 upon launch, but it is also set up to have additional Halo games and content all put into a single package.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

cool

I think its a little premature to call it a “platform” at this juncture unless you’ve heard something I haven’t. That being said with how much the industry is loving LiVe SeRvIcEs lately it certainly isn’t outside the realm of possibility. I would rather just buy a “game” once and a separate sequel down the line then hope a “platform” delivers on its promises without it devolving into a cesspool of unfinished ideas and microtransactions.

I’m lost, when did you come to that conclusion? I haven’t heard anything else about Infinite since the Bonnie Ross interview (I have missed quite a few of their streams I believe) so when did I miss that bit of info?

That’s a bold prediction, but I wouldn’t bet on it. As others have said a “Live Service” game is a possibility, but I doubt they would want to go through the nightmare again of putting multiple Halo titles essentially in one game.

> 2533274879757912;4:
> I’m lost, when did you come to that conclusion? I haven’t heard anything else about Infinite since the Bonnie Ross interview (I have missed quite a few of their streams I believe) so when did I miss that bit of info?

Just look at the Master Chief Collection (especially the menus) and seeing how they are adding Reach to that game. So far it has proven to increase engagement even sales of the once panned MCC. Now the same principle could be applied to Halo Infinite, Start with one game, but set it up so others can bee added to it.

This is pretty much what is going to happen. Halo is now 13$ a month a la Gamepass 4ever. Sounds good to me, just keep bringing me pro content.

This is all pure speculation with literally no sources, stop stating it like it’s a fact. This is what you think Infinite will be, not what Infinite will be.

Do you mean 343 will make a second MCC with Infinite being released at the beginning? Or Infinite will be getting added to MCC? I’m obviously a little confused. You said Infinite will not be a sequel to H5 but then later said the first game in this supposed new platform will be a sequel to H5… No information has been released to suggest that any of that will happen one way or the other. As far as we know, Infinite will be a “spiritual reboot” of the franchise. That’s really all we got to go on story-wise at this point.

Interesting theory, but a bit bold to state it as fact.

I really doubt it, doesn’t make much sense business wise.

It’s not a misconception if all you have to counter it is speculation.

> 2666640315087182;6:
> > 2533274879757912;4:
> > I’m lost, when did you come to that conclusion? I haven’t heard anything else about Infinite since the Bonnie Ross interview (I have missed quite a few of their streams I believe) so when did I miss that bit of info?
>
> Just look at the Master Chief Collection (especially the menus) and seeing how they are adding Reach to that game. So far it has proven to increase engagement even sales of the once panned MCC. Now the same principle could be applied to Halo Infinite, Start with one game, but set it up so others can bee added to it.

That doesn’t mean that Infinite is going to be the same way. Master Chief Collection was created for the fans who wanted to play their classic favorites and even some of the newer Halo games like ODST (which was released in 2008, though this one was an apology for the problems MCC had at launch) and Halo 4 (which was released in 2012). People had asked since MCC’s release as to why Reach wasn’t released with the rest of them, so really, the addition of Reach is just a long standing request of the community.

I think Halo will become more of a curated “live service”. MCC will eventually be folded into the Infinite platform. We are still going to get new games, but they will all be under one umbrella and will be available forever, i.e. Infinite.

This is could be a great thing, like a library, where the games are kept and taken care of for the future. It all folds together with a monthly pay service like Gamepass. I believe Sea of Thieves and other Microsoft franchises will also operate like this, so get used to it, the games will always be improving!

Major franchises will be released and continue to improve as long as they are played and viable. No more DLC except micro transactions so as not to split player bases and keep community feeling.

IMHO

Gahah

From the announcement blog post:

> In Halo Infinite, the game will focus on the Master Chief and continue his saga after the events of Halo 5.

Halo Infinite is a game, Halo Infinite is a sequel to Halo 5, and anything other than that is speculation at best. There is no evidence that the game will take the form of a platform like MCC. MCC’s goal was to bring previous gen Halo titles to the Xbox One with updated graphics that are the standard of modern gaming.

It is not a misconception to call Halo Infinite a game, nor is it a misconception to call it a sequel to Halo 5. Those are, in fact, facts.

I’m not sure I understand your post. How is it a misconception for people to believe Infinite is a sequel to Halo 5? It looks like that to me. The thing you say about Infinite being a sequel to MCC makes no sense, since Master Chief Collection is just a collection of Halo games, and a collection itself does not have it’s own story. That’s like saying Mega Man 11 was a sequel to Mega Man Legacy Collection.

Lol this might be one of the dumbest things ive read on here. What?

> 2533274817408735;14:
> From the announcement blog post:
>
>
> > In Halo Infinite, the game will focus on the Master Chief and continue his saga after the events of Halo 5.
>
> Halo Infinite is a game, Halo Infinite is a sequel to Halo 5, and anything other than that is speculation at best. There is no evidence that the game will take the form of a platform like MCC. MCC’s goal was to bring previous gen Halo titles to the Xbox One with updated graphics that are the standard of modern gaming.
>
> It is not a misconception to call Halo Infinite a game, nor is it a misconception to call it a sequel to Halo 5. Those are, in fact, facts.

Rekt. Git gud skum

I mean this could be something that would happen, but it is just too early to say. While this would be something awesome to add into the game, it just seems unlikely. I like the thought of having a main game with spinoffs being added into it as part of the package, maybe as payed DLC. This could possibly remove the need of payed map-packs and other things the Halo franchise has capitalized on. I could see this being a very good addition.

Then what’s the point of porting MCC to PC? Like, if they wanted the PC community to experience the full Halo story by adding every Halo game to Halo Infinite why waste time and resources on MCC? You’d literally be buying 6 games twice.

On an ending note. Halo Infinite IS Halo 6. It’s been confirmed more times than it should be necessary. It’s not a prequel, not a spin-off or a collection. It’s the sequel, the continuation to Halo 5 Guardians. It’s just not called Halo 6: Infinite because 343 have long wanted to stay away from numbered titles, before Halo 4 released. Halo 5 was the bridge for that idea.

Halo Infinite is Halo 6