Halo Infinite in a perfect world

• Halo 3/Reach style level/ranking system. - Halo Reach level customisation but on another level! I want them to add more like with the Mega Construx toys the Spartans I’ve individual armor pieces painted different colours! - Sprint and Basic Thrusters e.g. no Spartan Barge, Ground Pound or stabilisers! - Open World multiplayer as your own Spartan. - Classic map remakes! - More blue team, arbiter and interesting characters in Campaign! Even Locke but make sure Chief is the main character and if playing with friends give them the option to play as blue team, arbiter or Locke instead of a chief clone… - H2R BR instead of H5 BRHere is some things that I would want and after reading many other threads people’s opinions are quite similar. Sorry to those who want to see the return of classic movement. Hope they find a way to make both sides happy! I just personally cannot get back in to original halo mechanics.

> 2535470577510959;1:
> - Halo 3/Reach style level/ranking system. - Halo Reach level customisation but on another level! I want them to add more like with the Mega Construx toys the Spartans I’ve individual armor pieces painted different colours! - Sprint and Basic Thrusters e.g. no Spartan Barge, Ground Pound or stabilisers! - Open World multiplayer as your own Spartan. - Classic map remakes! - More blue team, arbiter and interesting characters in Campaign! Even Locke but make sure Chief is the main character and if playing with friends give them the option to play as blue team, arbiter or Locke instead of a chief clone… - H2R BR instead of H5 BRHere is some things that I would want and after reading many other threads people’s opinions are quite similar. Sorry to those who want to see the return of classic movement. Hope they find a way to make both sides happy! I just personally cannot get back in to original halo mechanics.

What do you mean by “Open World Multiplayer as your own Spartan”?
That’s pretty vague and could be interpreted in a few ways. Care to expand?

I agree with pretty much everything in here! I would want Halo 3’s ranking system, with Reach’s armor unlocking system (being able to grind and buy what you want based on your level) not just buying stupid packs and hoping to get something particular.

Art style: DEFINITELY Halo 3 / Halo Reach. I loved the direction Reach took…just wasn’t a fan of the bulkiness. It makes sense for the spartans looking back at the earlier renditions of Chief, he was a lot more slender and makes sense to have more heavy duty armor. I think a balance between the sleekness of Halo 3 and the Bulkiness of Reach would be perfect. At times in Reach, the characters would just look borderline fat to me depending on the chest piece you had or helmet if it was weird shaped (Mark V-B)

Maps: Halo 5 had WAY too much detail and little divits and unnecessary objects or ramps or walls that always got me stuck when backpedalling in a gunfight and would get me killed. Also the designs were eyesores…way to fake and perfect plasticky looking structures that made everything look the same and not stand out. How is that ANYWHERE on a symmetrical map like The Pit I know exactly where I am…down to a T…but somewhere like (almost) symmetrical Coliseum, if I am on the bottom level between rockets and snipes I feel like I might as well be in a maze its so confusing and un appealing to the eye. WAY too much going on with all the details and shapes of the Forerunner structures…

And recreating the best H3, Reach, H4 & H5 maps so that all the multiplayer maps are fun not just ONE or TWO how it is now. Wishlist for either re-created maps or new maps but very similarly inspired and referenced by these: Coagulation, Ascention, Relic, Beaver Creek, Lockout, GUARDIAN (Greatest map of all time), The Pit, Narrows, Construct, Vahalla, Sandtrap, Epitaph, Snowbound, Powerhouse, Sword Base, Zealot, Abandon, Haven, Eden & Plaza.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> > 2535470577510959;1:
> > - Halo 3/Reach style level/ranking system. - Halo Reach level customisation but on another level! I want them to add more like with the Mega Construx toys the Spartans I’ve individual armor pieces painted different colours! - Sprint and Basic Thrusters e.g. no Spartan Barge, Ground Pound or stabilisers! - Open World multiplayer as your own Spartan. - Classic map remakes! - More blue team, arbiter and interesting characters in Campaign! Even Locke but make sure Chief is the main character and if playing with friends give them the option to play as blue team, arbiter or Locke instead of a chief clone… - H2R BR instead of H5 BRHere is some things that I would want and after reading many other threads people’s opinions are quite similar. Sorry to those who want to see the return of classic movement. Hope they find a way to make both sides happy! I just personally cannot get back in to original halo mechanics.
>
> What do you mean by “Open World Multiplayer as your own Spartan”?
> That’s pretty vague and could be interpreted in a few ways. Care to expand?

By Open-World I mean do mini missions as your own Spartan on Halo, somewhat like Spartan Ops but more in-depth. Not too much like destiny but similar to that style is something I would like to see in a Halo game.

They could missions like Firefight where you have to eliminate all hostiles or defend an objective, retrieving important intelligence on Cortana.

There have been lots of rumours and hints that Campaign is going to be open world so if that was to be true then they could just reuse the sandbox for multiplayer

> 2535470577510959;1:
> - Halo 3/Reach style level/ranking system. - Halo Reach level customisation but on another level! I want them to add more like with the Mega Construx toys the Spartans I’ve individual armor pieces painted different colours! - Sprint and Basic Thrusters e.g. no Spartan Barge, Ground Pound or stabilisers! - Open World multiplayer as your own Spartan. - Classic map remakes! - More blue team, arbiter and interesting characters in Campaign! Even Locke but make sure Chief is the main character and if playing with friends give them the option to play as blue team, arbiter or Locke instead of a chief clone… - H2R BR instead of H5 BRHere is some things that I would want and after reading many other threads people’s opinions are quite similar. Sorry to those who want to see the return of classic movement. Hope they find a way to make both sides happy! I just personally cannot get back in to original halo mechanics.

Well I don’t agree with all of them but at least I can confirm the classic br will be back because it appears in the toys

How do you guys feel about sprint and spartan abilities? I definitely cannot stand the ground & pound and spartan charge. As far as clamber, boost, and sprint, I am kind of torn. A huge part of me hopes that they will go away, but realistically speaking, I just don’t see that happening. I think ideally, some kind of middle ground for the sprint could be worked out nicely. Possibly something along the lines of sprint is not nearly as fast, or possibly the walking speed is increased.

To me, Halo 3 will always be the BEST multiplayer experience…it just seemed so perfect for its time. Playing it now on MCC, I do admit it feels a little slow. But with that being said, Halo 5 is just way too fast and chaotic for me. 75% of the times I am dying I don’t even know what happened it is just too fast and too much going on. And then when its the other way around, I will be BLASTING someone, see their shields break, and they turn around and get away by sprinting even though I will put atleast 3 more shots in them, so I don’t even understand how that is possible and it is very frustrating.

I’d like to see a return of Spartan ops. Reach level customization plus some. I’d also like to see the ability to modify certain weapons sort of like in halo 5 such as sights and things like that I’m a fan of the hybrid sight. Would love to see the covenant come back as allies with the Arbiter and Chief able to team up again as well as the ability to play as elite or spartan. A nice addition would be cool with custom characters like your customized spartan or elite. I like being able to Sprint but I feel like a mixture of Halo 3 and reach would be a good place to start like throwable equipment, bubble shield, tossable grav lift, shield wall or land mines along with a spartan ordinance like Sprint or jetpack or armor lock. Allowing the game to have more options as well as not nessacarilly getting rid of options people use now being able to have things like this would overall increase possibilities in the game. Would love to see some air land and water combat. As well as possibly space battles again.

> 2533274826593125;6:
> How do you guys feel about sprint and spartan abilities? I definitely cannot stand the ground & pound and spartan charge. As far as clamber, boost, and sprint, I am kind of torn. A huge part of me hopes that they will go away, but realistically speaking, I just don’t see that happening. I think ideally, some kind of middle ground for the sprint could be worked out nicely. Possibly something along the lines of sprint is not nearly as fast, or possibly the walking speed is increased.
>
> To me, Halo 3 will always be the BEST multiplayer experience…it just seemed so perfect for its time. Playing it now on MCC, I do admit it feels a little slow. But with that being said, Halo 5 is just way too fast and chaotic for me. 75% of the times I am dying I don’t even know what happened it is just too fast and too much going on. And then when its the other way around, I will be BLASTING someone, see their shields break, and they turn around and get away by sprinting even though I will put atleast 3 more shots in them, so I don’t even understand how that is possible and it is very frustrating.

I like Sprint and Thrusters just no stabilisers when aiming, ground pound or shoulder charge… If they took thrusters out and kept sprint I wouldn’t mind but I feel like they should try make fair for people that want classic movement and people that want modern movement

At the end of the day this community needs to just work together with 343 so we can make a great game. We have gave them more than enough grief for their mistakes!

When I got the Halo 5 Limited Edition console I was so hyped for the customisation but then they ruined it…

I honestly don’t know what I would do if they returned to classic movement again

> 2535470577510959;9:
> At the end of the day this community needs to just work together with 343 so we can make a great game. We have gave them more than enough grief for their mistakes!
>
> When I got the Halo 5 Limited Edition console I was so hyped for the customisation but then they ruined it…
>
> I honestly don’t know what I would do if they returned to classic movement again

Theres gotta be some middle ground, i think that could work. But I definitely would be open to canning the sprint. Reach is where the competitive gameplay pretty much died and never recovered, and that was the game that introduced sprint.

I am just hoping that there will be a beta after their July reveal so they can hear what the fans think of the gameplay, and get some constructive feedback and fix what is needed so it’s able to have a strong release and hopefully bring halo back to its glory it deserves!

> 2533274826593125;10:
> > 2535470577510959;9:
> > At the end of the day this community needs to just work together with 343 so we can make a great game. We have gave them more than enough grief for their mistakes!
> >
> > When I got the Halo 5 Limited Edition console I was so hyped for the customisation but then they ruined it…
> >
> > I honestly don’t know what I would do if they returned to classic movement again
>
> Theres gotta be some middle ground, i think that could work. But I definitely would be open to canning the sprint. Reach is where the competitive gameplay pretty much died and never recovered, and that was the game that introduced sprint.
>
> I am just hoping that there will be a beta after their July reveal so they can hear what the fans think of the gameplay, and get some constructive feedback and fix what is needed so it’s able to have a strong release and hopefully bring halo back to its glory it deserves!

I completely agree! I wonder when we are actually going to be able to play a beta because the game comes out in six months max! Unless it gets delayed but the game is to be released along with the Xbox Series X so I don’t know. do you know when this July event is by any chance or has it not been said yet?

> 2535470577510959;11:
> > 2533274826593125;10:
> > > 2535470577510959;9:
> > > At the end of the day this community needs to just work together with 343 so we can make a great game. We have gave them more than enough grief for their mistakes!
> > >
> > > When I got the Halo 5 Limited Edition console I was so hyped for the customisation but then they ruined it…
> > >
> > > I honestly don’t know what I would do if they returned to classic movement again
> >
> > Theres gotta be some middle ground, i think that could work. But I definitely would be open to canning the sprint. Reach is where the competitive gameplay pretty much died and never recovered, and that was the game that introduced sprint.
> >
> > I am just hoping that there will be a beta after their July reveal so they can hear what the fans think of the gameplay, and get some constructive feedback and fix what is needed so it’s able to have a strong release and hopefully bring halo back to its glory it deserves!
>
> I completely agree! I wonder when we are actually going to be able to play a beta because the game comes out in six months max! Unless it gets delayed but the game is to be released along with the Xbox Series X so I don’t know. do you know when this July event is by any chance or has it not been said yet?

I thought I remember reading somewhere it was in the second week of July, but I can’t find where I saw that now. I don’t think they have officially announced a date yet. Either way, I will circle back to the forums once that day comes! I am sure there will be plenty to talk about!!

Mostly agree, except I believe the game needs the ordinal Halo touch. Ie no sprint, etc. You have some great ideas :bulb:

I would rather get rid of thrust over everything else. It’s always something everyone has to use. Its just a button you press to be on even playing field. It doesn’t even mean anything to me anymore. It just is something I have to press to get out of the way every time I get in a gunfight. It’s just a get out of jail free card.