Halo Infinite HYPE

I won’t lie, I haven’t been this excited for a game (Or really any IP involving the digital medium) ever before or at least since Reach, Skyrim or MCC. The two trailers blue balling us really got me just wanting some new damn information. I feel Microsoft have done this games marketing campaign justice so far, lets just hope the gameplay blows our socks off when we see it next month. The part in the discover hope trailer where The currently unnamed Pilot reboots chief and cheers brought some tears to my eyes. It feels like us as a community cheering for Halo being back. It’s a good time to be a halo fan and hopefully very soon, it’ll get way better.
Also Cortana’s speech at the end…Christ almighty!

As a question to you guys, what Game, movie, book, album tv show ect. have you been most hyped for? Maybe it lead to utter disappointment or maybe it was the best thing ever. Let me know.

Yeah I’m pretty hyped too. Still get goosebumps watching the two trailers. I’m just very worried about the game play and how it will be received. There’s a pretty thick line separating those who like classic movement mechanics and those who like advanced movement mechanics. There are several who enjoy both, or don’t really have a problem either way. But it’s been one of the most divisive topics in all of gaming.

It’s like Pandora’s Box. Once advanced movement was brought to Halo, it couldn’t ever be taken back. It exists now, and it has its fans. 343 are in between a rock and a hard place with movement mechanics. The only clear path I see is to find a combined approach. One that maintains some mechanics, while scrapping others or modifying them. Then, the community will just have to be willing to compromise. Those who like classic will have to be okay with some advanced movement, while those who like advanced will have to be okay with a more classic feel. I don’t have much faith in any of this going smoothly, but I’m hyped nonetheless for new content.

As for your question, I’ll stick to something outside of the Halo universe that I got very hyped for (mix things up a little): the return of the Ford Bronco. It’s return has yet to come through, but the concept photos are very promising. The Bronco Sport looks terrible imo, but the full size looks very promising. It’s not a vehicle I will likely ever buy since I already have a truck I just bought a couple years ago that I intend to drive until the wheels fall off, but hopefully my brother in law will get it and lets me take it for a spin lol.

343 wont be able to please everybody, the story should be #1, multiplayer have the basic playlist at first and let Fans make the chioce what comes next. + fans made the best maps in H5 after launch. Fallout 4 was hyped, it was ok. But made me wary ,76 never played. Hope obsidian makes a Halo Spin-off ,who every you want explores Halo universe

> 2533274844998283;3:
> 343 wont be able to please everybody, the story should be #1, multiplayer have the basic playlist at first and let Fans make the chioce what comes next. + fans made the best maps in H5 after launch. Fallout 4 was hyped, it was ok. But made me wary ,76 never played. Hope obsidian makes a Halo Spin-off ,who every you want explores Halo universe

gonna be honest, if Infinite launches with any portion of it lacking (multiplayer not being fully built out like in H5) its gonna die

> 2533274840624875;4:
> > 2533274844998283;3:
> > 343 wont be able to please everybody, the story should be #1, multiplayer have the basic playlist at first and let Fans make the chioce what comes next. + fans made the best maps in H5 after launch. Fallout 4 was hyped, it was ok. But made me wary ,76 never played. Hope obsidian makes a Halo Spin-off ,who every you want explores Halo universe
>
> gonna be honest, if Infinite launches with any portion of it lacking (multiplayer not being fully built out like in H5) its gonna die

Nothing dies until devs give up on it. R6S, SWBF2, and even MCC have shown its possible to take a failure and turn it into a successful platform.

Every one of those did the same thing too. They just focused on making the game better in function and in entertainment value. As Phil has said many times, “good games sell, bad games don’t.”

Let’s just hope 343 focuses on making a good Halo game.

> 2614366390849210;5:
> > 2533274840624875;4:
> > > 2533274844998283;3:
> > > 343 wont be able to please everybody, the story should be #1, multiplayer have the basic playlist at first and let Fans make the chioce what comes next. + fans made the best maps in H5 after launch. Fallout 4 was hyped, it was ok. But made me wary ,76 never played. Hope obsidian makes a Halo Spin-off ,who every you want explores Halo universe
> >
> > gonna be honest, if Infinite launches with any portion of it lacking (multiplayer not being fully built out like in H5) its gonna die
>
> Nothing dies until devs give up on it. R6S, SWBF2, and even MCC have shown its possible to take a failure and turn it into a successful platform.
>
> Every one of those did the same thing too. They just focused on making the game better in function and in entertainment value. As Phil has said many times, “good games sell, bad games don’t.”
>
> Let’s just hope 343 focuses on making a good Halo game.

here is the thing though, Infinite is a launch title, its essentially the face of the series X. Its the last chance for 343 in many peoples eyes (not all or most, I am not that foolish lol) and it has a lot of competition on the market (many of which are free). If it faulters or comes out half baked, its gonna have way worse impact that other halo titles.

> 2533274840624875;6:
> > 2614366390849210;5:
> > > 2533274840624875;4:
> > > > 2533274844998283;3:
> > > > 343 wont be able to please everybody, the story should be #1, multiplayer have the basic playlist at first and let Fans make the chioce what comes next. + fans made the best maps in H5 after launch. Fallout 4 was hyped, it was ok. But made me wary ,76 never played. Hope obsidian makes a Halo Spin-off ,who every you want explores Halo universe
> > >
> > > gonna be honest, if Infinite launches with any portion of it lacking (multiplayer not being fully built out like in H5) its gonna die
> >
> > Nothing dies until devs give up on it. R6S, SWBF2, and even MCC have shown its possible to take a failure and turn it into a successful platform.
> >
> > Every one of those did the same thing too. They just focused on making the game better in function and in entertainment value. As Phil has said many times, “good games sell, bad games don’t.”
> >
> > Let’s just hope 343 focuses on making a good Halo game.
>
> here is the thing though, Infinite is a launch title, its essentially the face of the series X. Its the last chance for 343 in many peoples eyes (not all or most, I am not that foolish lol) and it has a lot of competition on the market (many of which are free). If it faulters or comes out half baked, its gonna have way worse impact that other halo titles.

On the other hand, it’s also launching on the PC so… Halo could very well eventually die on the Xbox but continue on PC alone. The XboxOne had a rough launch, but Halo kept on trucking. Halo will keep on going even if Microsoft decides to end Xbox. It’ll just become a PC-exclusive then instead of Xbox-PC.

> 2535435902217648;2:
> Yeah I’m pretty hyped too. Still get goosebumps watching the two trailers. I’m just very worried about the game play and how it will be received. There’s a pretty thick line separating those who like classic movement mechanics and those who like advanced movement mechanics. There are several who enjoy both, or don’t really have a problem either way. But it’s been one of the most divisive topics in all of gaming.
>
> It’s like Pandora’s Box. Once advanced movement was brought to Halo, it couldn’t ever be taken back. It exists now, and it has its fans. 343 are in between a rock and a hard place with movement mechanics. The only clear path I see is to find a combined approach. One that maintains some mechanics, while scrapping others or modifying them. Then, the community will just have to be willing to compromise. Those who like classic will have to be okay with some advanced movement, while those who like advanced will have to be okay with a more classic feel. I don’t have much faith in any of this going smoothly, but I’m hyped nonetheless for new content.

After having got through watching DeeBeeGeek’s playthrough of Halo, I feel that he and I are probably in that middle “I’d be happy either way!” ground.
He ended up LOVING Halo 4 and 5 for their gameplay (not so much for 5’s story however) Hhe started with Reach, then CE, and he’s cited Halo 2 as his favorite game in the series for both gameplay and story.

In the last stream for Halo 5, he said he fully loves the new mechanics - sprinting, sliding, thruster evading, floating - but at the same time would be perfectly happy if the game reverted to Halo 2 mechanics and traits as well. And I fully agree there - I do love me some H2 Anniversary and I love me some Reach and while Halo 5 is my top favorite for gameplay, I’d be fine if it was like Reach or 3 as well. As long as I personally find it fun to play I don’t care if it has Sprint or doesn’t, if it has ADS or doesn’t, or whatever. Sure I’d be sad to see Thrusters go but at the end of the day I’ll manage. I lived through CE, 2, and 3 after all :smiley:

I feel some people seem to be making way too big a ruckus over this topic though, one way or the other ^^;
Infinite still having say Sprint won’t be a death sentence for the franchise or anything, as an example. Sure it’d ruffle some feathers but there’s FAR WORSE things the game could do, and I think one little mechanic isn’t the be-all, end-all determining factor for how a whole community will accept the game. We all have different opinions; just because someone is reaaally passionate about liking or dislike X or Y or Z feature doesn’t mean everyone else HAS TO like or dislike it to, and that they’re “Not a fan then” if their opinion differs from ours.

‘Blue-balling us’ perfectly encapsulates what the two trailers have done. I don’t believe it’ll happen a third time in July.

What have I been most hyped for…? Mass Effect 3 comes to mind. Esh… I was very excited for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, and that paid off. I was excited for The Force Awakens. No comment on the after. Assassin’s Creed Revelations was another game I highly anticipated, and that went pretty well. Quite hit-and-miss. I just hope Infinite will be a hit.

> 2533274850869596;7:
> > 2533274840624875;6:
> > > 2614366390849210;5:
> > > > 2533274840624875;4:
> > > > > 2533274844998283;3:
> > > > > 343 wont be able to please everybody, the story should be #1, multiplayer have the basic playlist at first and let Fans make the chioce what comes next. + fans made the best maps in H5 after launch. Fallout 4 was hyped, it was ok. But made me wary ,76 never played. Hope obsidian makes a Halo Spin-off ,who every you want explores Halo universe
> > > >
> > > > gonna be honest, if Infinite launches with any portion of it lacking (multiplayer not being fully built out like in H5) its gonna die
> > >
> > > Nothing dies until devs give up on it. R6S, SWBF2, and even MCC have shown its possible to take a failure and turn it into a successful platform.
> > >
> > > Every one of those did the same thing too. They just focused on making the game better in function and in entertainment value. As Phil has said many times, “good games sell, bad games don’t.”
> > >
> > > Let’s just hope 343 focuses on making a good Halo game.
> >
> > here is the thing though, Infinite is a launch title, its essentially the face of the series X. Its the last chance for 343 in many peoples eyes (not all or most, I am not that foolish lol) and it has a lot of competition on the market (many of which are free). If it faulters or comes out half baked, its gonna have way worse impact that other halo titles.
>
> On the other hand, it’s also launching on the PC so… Halo could very well eventually die on the Xbox but continue on PC alone. The XboxOne had a rough launch, but Halo kept on trucking. Halo will keep on going even if Microsoft decides to end Xbox. It’ll just become a PC-exclusive then instead of Xbox-PC.

I mean, i guess? But it being on PC does not make it more protected against outrage of it being unfinished. its still the poster boy of the Xbox brand