Halo Infinite “hybrid” artstyle

Ever since the tiny teaser from last year E3 we seen Halo Infinite looks like it is having a mixed artstyle. Tons of people are happy about how the classic artstyle has returned and they are kinda right. While yes we been told the artstyle is taking way more inspiration from classic halo and some things from Halo 4/5 artstyle. But we haven’t seen the full artstyle and we only seen the early version of H:I artstyle. So things could change like the artstyle could be 98% classic, 1% modern and 1% hybrid. At that point it shouldn’t be called a hybrid. I have hopes 343i will actually make it a hybrid artstyle instead of solely classic. (Or they could just easily make the artstyle fully classic to make everything easier).

One other thing I wish people would understand is that the current chief look we seen so far isn’t a hybrid. While we haven’t seen the final version, but right now it just look like a modded mark 6. So if the final version isn’t a actually hybrid between his H2/3 and H4/5 armor then it shouldn’t be called a hybrid.

We’ve seen very little of HI in general. People should stop making assumptions about this game at this point until we see more.

However so far it seems they’re doing what Halo Wars 2 did with it’s art style: having the base be that of classic Halo, with a tad of modern and some new innovations. Obviously it’s not Halo Wars 2’s art style, but we’ve seen so little of what it actually is to properly judge the art style. All we can say at this point is that it isn’t the art style used in H4 and H5, for which I am very thankful.

As for Chief, the armour takes clear inspiration from both Halo 2/3 and Halo 4/5. As we can see here, the helmet is certainly a mix between the two, with a touch of new innovation.

I would prefer a more hybrid style instead of one way or the other. I think it would poses the same issue Halo 4 did when suddenly switching things out of nowhere. I am curious as I wonder how the looks of Osiris and Blue team will be affected by the art style change if at all as we have seen many different Halo things pop up together in the different art styles… which makes the EU of Halo an aesthetic mess. :frowning:

> 2533274909712896;2:
> We’ve seen very little of HI in general. People should stop making assumptions about this game at this point until we see more.
>
> However so far it seems they’re doing what Halo Wars 2 did with it’s art style: having the base be that of classic Halo, with a tad of modern and some new innovations. Obviously it’s not Halo Wars 2’s art style, but we’ve seen so little of what it actually is to properly judge the art style. All we can say at this point is that it isn’t the art style used in H4 and H5, for which I am very thankful.
>
> As for Chief, the armour takes clear inspiration from both Halo 2/3 and Halo 4/5. As we can see here, the helmet is certainly a mix between the two, with a touch of new innovation.

Chief current helmet isn’t much of a hybrid. It looks like a modded mark 6 helmet

> 2533274936074323;4:
> > 2533274909712896;2:
> > We’ve seen very little of HI in general. People should stop making assumptions about this game at this point until we see more.
> >
> > However so far it seems they’re doing what Halo Wars 2 did with it’s art style: having the base be that of classic Halo, with a tad of modern and some new innovations. Obviously it’s not Halo Wars 2’s art style, but we’ve seen so little of what it actually is to properly judge the art style. All we can say at this point is that it isn’t the art style used in H4 and H5, for which I am very thankful.
> >
> > As for Chief, the armour takes clear inspiration from both Halo 2/3 and Halo 4/5. As we can see here, the helmet is certainly a mix between the two, with a touch of new innovation.
>
> Chief current helmet isn’t much of a hybrid. It looks like a modded mark 6 helmet

Did you look at the link Killshot provided? I don’t know how much more hybrid that can get. Sure it might be leaning a bit more toward the classic style, but Chief’s 4/5 helmet specifically wasn’t an entirely brand new design to begin with.

Here’s a great comparison from a user on Reddit.

He’s done a few more comparisons too.

Check out his post here.

> 2533274815711361;6:
> > 2533274824050480;5:
> > > 2533274936074323;4:
> > > > 2533274909712896;2:
> > > > We’ve seen very little of HI in general. People should stop making assumptions about this game at this point until we see more.
> > > >
> > > > However so far it seems they’re doing what Halo Wars 2 did with it’s art style: having the base be that of classic Halo, with a tad of modern and some new innovations. Obviously it’s not Halo Wars 2’s art style, but we’ve seen so little of what it actually is to properly judge the art style. All we can say at this point is that it isn’t the art style used in H4 and H5, for which I am very thankful.
> > > >
> > > > As for Chief, the armour takes clear inspiration from both Halo 2/3 and Halo 4/5. As we can see here, the helmet is certainly a mix between the two, with a touch of new innovation.
> > >
> > > Chief current helmet isn’t much of a hybrid. It looks like a modded mark 6 helmet
> >
> > Did you look at the link Killshot provided? I don’t know how much more hybrid that can get. Sure it might be leaning a bit more toward the classic style, but Chief’s 4/5 helmet specifically wasn’t an entirely brand new design to begin with.
>
> Here’s a great comparison from a user on Reddit. He’s done a few more comparisons too.
>
> Check out his post here.

I just don’t see the current version of Chief Infinite mixing things together. It just has a Gen 2 AI slot and it looks 99% classic and 1% modern. Which the final design probably won’t change much from the version we seen.