Halo infinite graphics.

Why is this happening? with halo infinite graphics, they are working so hard but It looks “weak”, I mean this is the xbox BEST SELLER.

There are games with better, realistic graphics, like EXOMECHA.

$500m budget, a 5 year wait since the last mainline Halo title, and debuting on the world’s “most powerful console” (Microsoft’s words).

If that’s the best 343i can muster when they’ve been so strongly backed and given so much time to work on the game (4 years before the pandemic), i think major questions have to be asked of the leadership and the people making design decisions.

They’ve made 2 mainline games and put out numerous Halo titles, they should be hitting their stride now.

I’m honestly pissed… They are choosing to make the same mistake that killed Titan Fall as a series. No offense but -Yoink- the current generation system. Focus Halo on the next gen platform and quit making this weak -Yoink-…

This is your flagship title! Why are you treating Halo like last months garbage!?

It looks good - for an halo 5 Update. But if this is gonna be the engine/graphic for the next generation of xbox… wow… Don’t wanna know howw this game looks on Xbox one x or the xbox one…

After the reveal last night i feel kinda down about the whole game, i love the OG halo vibes but the good feeling ends there, the graphics are very mediocre at best, looks like its running on the xbox one s never mind the xbox one X… i know it was running on pc but unless the pc had the spec the same as my dads then i gotta just say it looks really really bad. i do hope its an early build or something as its supposed to be out in 5 months on the “most powerful console ever” meh.

From what I gather, a lot has yet to be polished up. I read that what we saw yesterday was just pre recorded footage of an early build. It may be wrong, so take it with a grain of salt. Really hoping the final product blows me away.

I find it hilarious console players complain about graphics while they play on their 30fps potato machine

Halo infinite looks very current gen. Ghost of Tsushima looks better than Halo Infinite.

There is no defending this 343i…

You may be screwed

It’s already been confirmed for the millionth time.

This was an older version of the game.

I feel like I’m wasting my time with this but it looks great on my monitor. 32 inch 1440p. Not bragging but to me it seems like the optimal resolution. I paused the gameplay at certain multi lighting moments and turned down the resolution and it does look washed out as expected. but at 1440p and 4k, the details look amazing. I could even see the paint bubbles? (not sure what its called) on Master Chief’s armor. I do think they could add a little more metal washing and grit to painted metal objects.

1080p user here- I’m cool with how it looks. Didn’t blow my socks off by any stretch of the imagination. However, I can see myself enjoying and playing a game that looks like that.

> 2533274870389366;9:
> It’s already been confirmed for the millionth time.
>
> This was an older version of the game.

No. I don’t buy that for one second. At most this footage is maybe a few months old.

They knew how important this reveal was going to be. They knew how critical it was for this to impress viewers to drum up hype not only for the game itself but the Series X launch (a la “I need to experience this on Seriex X and only a Series X at launch” for the hardcore fans). Leadership would not greenlight this demo if it wasn’t an accurate representation of what they have today. Let’s not forget how close we are to launch. I’ll eat my words if I am wrong on this (and I hope I am!) but I seriously doubt the final version will be leaps and bounds better vs. what we saw this week. Hopefully all the controversy this demo is getting will result in 343 to at least seriously reconsider the color palettes they’ve chosen. I think a treatment of the current color selection alone could significantly improve things (based on the in-game demo footage).

I still think it was actually an old build since the trailer definitely looks better. If you go through it almost frame by frame you can tell it’s better.
Gun’s looks better and not as flat
Details in the buildings and environment looks better also
Then I also noticed that Chiefs armor shows damage at random parts of the trailer, so I think everything in the environment will probably show damage or scruff.
The color choices are definitely what’s making it feel cartoon-y and I get that, but if you go back to CE it was kind of like that too…and a little in H2 and H3 and Reach definitely started looking more realistic.
But at the end of the day it’s a 10 year game, so odds are it’s going to be constantly updated, and at some point (maybe with the ray tracing update) they’ll do a high res texture pack or something like other games have done.

Some screen grabs showing it looks better than the demo they showed:
https://ibb.co/LxXRMmg
https://ibb.co/MNFqNZp
https://ibb.co/BZ6tQKG
https://ibb.co/mHbmpbf

> 2737009059272856;12:
> > 2533274870389366;9:
> > It’s already been confirmed for the millionth time.
> >
> > This was an older version of the game.
>
> No. I don’t buy that for one second. At most this footage is maybe a few months old.
>
> They knew how important this reveal was going to be. They knew how critical it was for this to impress viewers to drum up hype not only for the game itself but the Series X launch (a la “I need to experience this on Seriex X and only a Series X at launch” for the hardcore fans). Leadership would not greenlight this demo if it wasn’t an accurate representation of what they have today. Let’s not forget how close we are to launch. I’ll eat my words if I am wrong on this (and I hope I am!) but I seriously doubt the final version will be leaps and bounds better vs. what we saw this week. Hopefully all the controversy this demo is getting will result in 343 to at least seriously reconsider the color palettes they’ve chosen. I think a treatment of the current color selection alone could significantly improve things (based on the in-game demo footage).

There’s literally numerous articles and interviews out there right now. And I provided a few proving the demo was a older build.

Halo hasnt done us wrong yet so keep the faith it will get better.

> 2533274796617122;2:
> $500m budget, a 5 year wait since the last mainline Halo title, and debuting on the world’s “most powerful console” (Microsoft’s words).
>
> If that’s the best 343i can muster when they’ve been so strongly backed and given so much time to work on the game (4 years before the pandemic), i think major questions have to be asked of the leadership and the people making design decisions.
>
> They’ve made 2 mainline games and put out numerous Halo titles, they should be hitting their stride now.

I think what makes this worse is that 343 has done pretty good with “graphical quality” in the past. Halo 4 pushed the 360 to its limits and Halo 5 (while not groundbreaking) was still a pretty game.

> 2535429756019039;16:
> > 2533274796617122;2:
> > $500m budget, a 5 year wait since the last mainline Halo title, and debuting on the world’s “most powerful console” (Microsoft’s words).
> >
> > If that’s the best 343i can muster when they’ve been so strongly backed and given so much time to work on the game (4 years before the pandemic), i think major questions have to be asked of the leadership and the people making design decisions.
> >
> > They’ve made 2 mainline games and put out numerous Halo titles, they should be hitting their stride now.
>
> I think what makes this worse is that 343 has done pretty good with “graphical quality” in the past. Halo 4 pushed the 360 to its limits and Halo 5 (while not groundbreaking) was still a pretty game.

Yeah exactly, Halo 4 in the MCC loks far better than what we saw yesterday.

> 2533274796617122;17:
> > 2535429756019039;16:
> > > 2533274796617122;2:
> > > $500m budget, a 5 year wait since the last mainline Halo title, and debuting on the world’s “most powerful console” (Microsoft’s words).
> > >
> > > If that’s the best 343i can muster when they’ve been so strongly backed and given so much time to work on the game (4 years before the pandemic), i think major questions have to be asked of the leadership and the people making design decisions.
> > >
> > > They’ve made 2 mainline games and put out numerous Halo titles, they should be hitting their stride now.
> >
> > I think what makes this worse is that 343 has done pretty good with “graphical quality” in the past. Halo 4 pushed the 360 to its limits and Halo 5 (while not groundbreaking) was still a pretty game.
>
> Yeah exactly, Halo 4 in the MCC loks far better than what we saw yesterday.

Looking back at it now, YES, but you got to remember the backlash they got for choosing that art style. When we Halo fans said Halo wars 2 art style was perfect I think they took it literally and just copied and pasted the RTS graphics into their FPS title.

Fingers crossed at the moment. I think there’s a good game here. I’m sceptical on the visuals, but it seems like it will improve by launch. The gameplay is what will keep players hooked, not so much the visual. However, the showcase of this game may have left a bad taste in peoples mouths. That is a little concerning. I will admit I was quick to judge. But,I think constructive criticism can make things better. (Take the recent Sonic movie for example) I’m hopeful and excited for more halo.

> 2533274806679134;8:
> Halo infinite looks very current gen. Ghost of Tsushima looks better than Halo Infinite.
>
> There is no defending this 343i…
>
> You may be screwed

Which current gen console can run a game at 4k 60 FPS NxtDutch? I finally watched the demo on my 4k 55 inch LG TV and wow does it look different than my 1080p stream initial impression. It looks great just like Phil said after all. You haters are trippin’. Plus it’s still a work in progress plus it’s got no ray tracing yet.

Many textures and special effects from the ravager and stuff don’t even get visually translated over at 1080p resolution.