Halo Infinite Forge

How do you think halo infinite’s forge is going to work? Is it going to be a bit more complex as the halo 5 guardians one, or more of a 1 big world but a bit simpler system like for example in halo reach?

I’d love 1 big world like in halo reach, it’s really easy for new and old players in order to create content.

Hopefully a lot more is added, terrain sculpting would be great an earth objects would be great, cars, vans and city items are hopefully a part of it

I think Infinite’s forge is going to be very similar to Halo 5’s. I think QOL improvements like undo and redo buttons have already been confirmed (I’m really glad for this, I always accidentally screw things up). I’d imagine they might try to make the controls a bit more user friendly. With Halo 5, on PC it was okay but on controller there was a lot to adjust to, especially since the controls were all new. They probably would advance scripting some more, extending what you can script, removing scripting limitations, and making it more user friendly. I don’t believe we have too much solid info on forge as of yet, but perhaps that’ll change as time goes on.

Personally, here’s some things I would like to see added in forge:

• A text based scripting language for level scripting/ a system similar to Unreal Engine’s blueprints for console players and non programmers. The current scripting system in Halo 5 is the best we’ve had so far, but I still really don’t like it. It’s clunky, hard to use, and requires extremely roundabout solutions for simple problems. - A text based scripting language for game variant scripting (like with the Reach Variant Tool) so you can easily create fully custom game modes. - In addition to all of the basic blocks added in Halo 5, also have the basic building objects we had beforehand (like the bunker rounds, tower x stories, etc…). The other pieces are helpful but I didn’t like having to reinvent the wheel all of the time. Prefabs in Halo 5 were difficult to customize without unbinding all of the pieces. - Some system to allow me to configure bots for play on my forged maps.

& options to create mini games with programming like triggers would be cool
like:
when condition A met, activate B)
This lets us create mini games & levels in custom games.
This let users create features like counters, timers, zones and objects to spawn and despawn when conditions met.
like:

• if round 2, spawn points = zone 2 - Players race on zone 1 to finish. when each player gets to finish, unlock zone 2 - when total kills > 10, delete walls to create blocks falling into lava etc. - when player gets to zone, spawn something somewhere. - - also animated forge objects would be cool like vahalla tower / opening gates etc.
    like startcraft 1’s map builder which’s why it was a 10 year+ hot game which’s map builder inspired many more games like halo inadvertantly or with Lovecraft’s creative beauty.
    Triggers | StarEdit Network Wiki | Fandom
    terran = humans
    zerg = flood
    protoss = arbiters

> 2533274916415091;4:
> I think Infinite’s forge is going to be very similar to Halo 5’s. I think QOL improvements like undo and redo buttons have already been confirmed (I’m really glad for this, I always accidentally screw things up). I’d imagine they might try to make the controls a bit more user friendly. With Halo 5, on PC it was okay but on controller there was a lot to adjust to, especially since the controls were all new. They probably would advance scripting some more, extending what you can script, removing scripting limitations, and making it more user friendly. I don’t believe we have too much solid info on forge as of yet, but perhaps that’ll change as time goes on.
>
> Personally, here’s some things I would like to see added in forge:
> - A text based scripting language for level scripting/ a system similar to Unreal Engine’s blueprints for console players and non programmers. The current scripting system in Halo 5 is the best we’ve had so far, but I still really don’t like it. It’s clunky, hard to use, and requires extremely roundabout solutions for simple problems. - A text based scripting language for game variant scripting (like with the Reach Variant Tool) so you can easily create fully custom game modes. - In addition to all of the basic blocks added in Halo 5, also have the basic building objects we had beforehand (like the bunker rounds, tower x stories, etc…). The other pieces are helpful but I didn’t like having to reinvent the wheel all of the time. Prefabs in Halo 5 were difficult to customize without unbinding all of the pieces. - Some system to allow me to configure bots for play on my forged maps.

Seems cool yes! not text based, maybe like with predefined commands like
not typing
If: a = 1
then spawn tank at player with least kills

like drag and drop predefined commands which dont need memorizing

Create trigger & predefined triggers which dont need typing like:
if: player kills > 10 & time > 30
Spawn tank near player

same thing you said but not having to type it, making it ez to create the dream. :slight_smile:

> 2533275011332711;2:
> I’d love 1 big world like in halo reach, it’s really easy for new and old players in order to create content.

I’m hoping for something like this too! Making big forge maps in Reach with some buddies was my first Halo experience. I really can’t wait to see what kinds of tools we’ll get to work with soon either.

I reckon a Beginner and Advanced option for Forge would be pretty handy. I remember Timesplitters had the option in it’s Map Maker tools to make basic maps, so geometry, spawn points, weapon placement etc so new players could get used to the tools and practice with their map layouts. They then had an advanced mode so you could change the lighting around the map, set up scripts for AI to follow so you could make your own missions, included geometry with different levels so the maps had height to them instead of being a flat maze, and so on. So to put something like that into Forge Mode, the beginner’s option could be more akin to something of Reach’s and 3’s Forge modes where you can place basic objects and weapons, and then the advanced mode could be like the more complex Forge modes we had in H2A or 5.

What I’d also like to see is scripts that allow objects to move on the map, so similar to what AntiActivee said. In 5 I wanted to recreate the monitor seen on Cold Storage, but I couldn’t figure out a way to make the monitor turn in it’s spot to follow any players that walked into its area of influence. One last thing I’d like to see is something similar to H2A’s canvas maps, where you have a big empty space to do whatever you’d like in. A huge map like Forge World or Halo 5’s forge canvases can be pretty cool, but sometimes it helps to make maps around landscapes that you yourself have made.

I would love to see spawnable enemies and Spartan bots in forge, just to think about creating and playing halo custom made scenarios is awesome.
It also gives me crazy ‘doom wads’ vibes.