Halo infinite feedback

halo infinite critiques
-gravity hammer disappointing. prefer the halo 3 gravity hammers physics effects on the user, enemies, team, physics objects etc.
-lack of grenade jumping is disappointing
-aim assist feels low on controller, at least on max sensitivity
-I would prefer a customizable hud layout so i can put the ammo, shield, radar, score etc where i want and the size i want
-sniper feels great in the range, but either not quite right yet, or live fire would be better with a sword or rockets. its also insanely inaccurate from the hip which is disappointing
-the presentation of multikill, spree, and other style medals feels a bit lacking in that halo charm, although i do like the new ones.
i would personally prefer the halo 2, 3, or reach format of off to the side, bigger, unique color schemes etc;
-i understand that the highlight system replaced the red vs blue format to showcase the coatings and advertise a bit, and that’s fair enough
but it concerns me that its lead to confusion amongst myself and others already, where the red and blue armor made it crystal clear. I’ve also encountered issues with the highlight not showing at all for enemies. i also worry for over correction making it impossible to be sneaky
-the burst carbine is really cool, and i am not sure if i’m just not quite good enough at it yet, i did manage to get 3 stars in all of its firing range modes. but it feels very difficult to judge where i’m supposed to shoot when an enemy is moving left and/or right from me
-grenades seem to explode at about 2 seconds when i believe they used to be at 3 seconds. i actually prefer the SLIGHTLY longer fuse after hitting the ground of the older games as it gave you a chance to hop away without making it too easy to escape either. kind of a sweet spot
-not a fan of hitmarkers at all, but i’d at the very least like it to be completely removed from grenades etc as it would be far to easy to randomly chuck grenades any which way and findout where people are. i prefer organic feedback rather than hud clutter anyways. ie blood splatters and ideally gore to indicate a hit
-i love that blood seems to be back, but i’d really prefer if it splattered and stained walls/vehicles/guns/floors etc; even more so if it were as bloody or bloodier than halo ce
-pressing ctrl+shift or shift+alt seems to crash the game as it brings up the windows 10 keyboard language quick switcher
-i’d really like the option for a lowered crosshair like in mcc

halo infinite praise
I’m so indescribably happy with this build. I do like halo 4, and for what its worth halo 5 is a damn good game as well. but i’d be lying if i said they satisfied my desires of a halo game.
with the newfound support (which hopefully continues at least long enough for us to recieve the tools we need to keep it living a long healthy life) for the mcc, i was content with the idea that while i might not get another halo game that
resonated with me the way halo ce, or even halo 3 did, i would at least be able to play those with anyone anytime on any platform.
that said, i’m blown away. this is already competing with the original trilogys multiplayer balance of easy to pick up and play, hard to master, and unique, skill based, sandbox based gameplay.
I don’t even like sprint. not even in reach. i didn’t like the way it changed map design, weapon design, the vehicles. and while i haven’t gotten to play a map with vehicles and see how they fare, i’m very optimisitc. it feels EXACTLY right.
a nice movement speed without it, a big enough boost with it to feel fast while not big enough to damage the gameplay, and it provides room for sliding.
i also appreciate very much the decision to let people ads with all guns but not making it feel as mandatory as it did in halo 5 or cod
the art style, soundtrack, and the majority of the sound effects are all fantastic, i like the ui as well.
I really like the ar sidekick starts as opposed to br starts as it encourages you to learn all the maps and weapons instead of relying on one weapon
although the halo 3 brs projectile helped with that

it’s very good things you’re saying here.

the reason the game feels more like cod is because of the fine details and physics, like in halo, objects are all real and interactive/collision-based so like the boxes or traffic cones off halo 3 (tables shouldn’t smash when pushing into them, only if you’re shooting them but not as easily it currently is — they’re like paper, unrealistic), the crosshairs and HUD and feed are MINIMAL and simple and in BLUE, with no hitmarkers, the KILL BADGES are clean looking and MINIMAL and BIG, some of the effects like explosions or shield don’t have as cool aesthetic as Halo 3 which came out in 2007!!! ITS 2021!!! AI icons look so flat….

also gravity hammer doesn’t hit the same as halo 3, where are the warping effects and glowing shimmering glassy look of the shield, and the warping effects of explosions or gravity hammers… these are fine details that make halo HALO

> 2533274801088628;3:
> the reason the game feels more like cod is because of the fine details and physics, like in halo, objects are all real and interactive so like the boxes or traffic cones off halo 3 (tables shouldn’t smash when pushing into them, only if you’re shooting them but not as easily it currently is), the crosshairs and HUD and feed are MINIMAL and simple and in BLUE, with no hitmarkers, the KILL BADGES are clean looking and MINIMAL and BIG, some of the effects like explosions or shield don’t have as cool aesthetic as Halo 3 which came out in 2007!!! ITS 2021!!! AI icons look so flat….
>
> also gravity hammer doesn’t hit the same as halo 3, where are the warping effects and glowing shimmering glassy look of the shield, and the warping effects of explosions or gravity hammers… these are fine details that make halo HALO

Such small details that can be explained over a technical preview. Even besides that, all those tiny details don’t represent the game. They are so small, you might as well say if we don’t have trash talking marines, the game isn’t “Halo”. It just sound’s so ridiculous and nitpicky.

> 2535419166122192;4:
> > 2533274801088628;3:
> > the reason the game feels more like cod is because of the fine details and physics, like in halo, objects are all real and interactive so like the boxes or traffic cones off halo 3 (tables shouldn’t smash when pushing into them, only if you’re shooting them but not as easily it currently is), the crosshairs and HUD and feed are MINIMAL and simple and in BLUE, with no hitmarkers, the KILL BADGES are clean looking and MINIMAL and BIG, some of the effects like explosions or shield don’t have as cool aesthetic as Halo 3 which came out in 2007!!! ITS 2021!!! AI icons look so flat….
> >
> > also gravity hammer doesn’t hit the same as halo 3, where are the warping effects and glowing shimmering glassy look of the shield, and the warping effects of explosions or gravity hammers… these are fine details that make halo HALO
>
> Such small details that can be explained over a technical preview. Even besides that, all those tiny details don’t represent the game. They are so small, you might as well say if we don’t have trash talking marines, the game isn’t “Halo”. It just sound’s so ridiculous and nitpicky.

don’t get me wrong there’s a lot of great points about the game too, but if they finish off only a small amount of the fine details i mentioned, they will have made a true halo game, more of the physics and aesthetic of the first 3 halo games should be integrated into this build, the HUD should be blue with no hitmarkers on grenades at least, and the kill badges need to be prominent and BETTER LOOKING, you don’t need points etc showing up with it, you get an XP count at the end of the game. idk it’s still missing the soul/feeling/simplicity of Halo imo. you’re trying to rationalise 343’s vision, maybe you’re a newer Halo fan and i’m pining back for Bungie-esque Halo aesthetic since that’s what i grew up on

you could also use grenades or gravity hammer to push yourself upwards and the fact everything was collider-based or physical in Halo 1-3, the issue of teammates standing in the way wasn’t huge as you could push them out the way or play around them, instead of walking through them, fun bits involved being able to jump on top of teammates too… MAYBE i am nitpicking, i understand it’s a tech preview and i’m sure they’ve got a lot of critical feedback, i’m just adding my 2 cents however tiny

don’t get me wrong there’s a lot of great points about the game too, but if they finish off only a small amount of the fine details i mentioned, they will have made a true halo game, more of the physics and aesthetic of the first 3 halo games should be integrated into this build, the HUD should be blue with no hitmarkers on grenades at least, and the kill badges need to be prominent and BETTER LOOKING, you don’t need points etc showing up with it, you get an XP count at the end of the game. idk it’s still missing the soul/feeling/simplicity of Halo imo.

you could also use grenades or gravity hammer to push yourself upwards and the fact everything was collider-based or physical in Halo 1-3, the issue of teammates standing in the way wasn’t huge as you could push them out the way or play around them, instead of walking through them, fun bits involved being able to jump on top of teammates too… MAYBE i am nitpicking, i understand it’s a tech preview and i’m sure they’ve got a lot of critical feedback, i’m just adding my 2 cents however tiny

Please add in an option to force the teams colors to something instead of just an outline in the accessibility settings.