Halo Infinite Editions?

Have 343 said whether or not Halo Infinite will be getting editions beyond a Standard Physical and Digital Edition?? Normally Halo gets multiple editions including a Legendary, which usually has some type of statue. Then it also usually gets a Special Edition console design, and a included copy of Halo Infinite.

Special Edition consoles aren’t likely to happen at the moment, there isn’t even enough supply to get the general public a console.
Phil Spencer of Xbox has said on Podcast Unlocked he’d want to do Special Editions but at the moment that’s not very easy to do with supply constraints on just trying to make a console. Chip shortages & other parts are making manufacturing difficult.

As for other editions of the game, nothing has been revealed yet as the game isn’t even available for pre order due to no actual release date yet.
It’s quite likely there could be pre order bonuses - but that’s pure speculation since there’s been nothing announced.

Given the shortage of components required to make Xbox consoles, I think a Halo: Infinite console special edition is not on the table, at least for the time being. When production gets back into full swing, we could very well see a design crop up. When a release date is finally announced, I am sure the editions will be announced alongside it.

I don’t see how a chip shortage effects a plastic shell. I’m pretty sure the only difference is the start up sounds and the plastic shell.

Doesn’t matter what variant shows up somebody is going to buy it.

> 2533274968042384;4:
> I don’t see how a chip shortage effects a plastic shell. I’m pretty sure the only difference is the start up sounds and the plastic shell.
>
> Doesn’t matter what variant shows up somebody is going to buy it.

Maybe because its the items that go inside that plastic shell there’s a shortage of…

> 2533274968042384;4:
> I don’t see how a chip shortage effects a plastic shell. I’m pretty sure the only difference is the start up sounds and the plastic shell.
>
> Doesn’t matter what variant shows up somebody is going to buy it.

there’s barely enough chips for a regular series x and s if there’s a limited edition series x or s you bet your -Yoink- no one is getting it and it’s going to waste away in a scalpers inventory as they will absolutely try to sell that -Yoink- for $1500+

Also I think they are still thinking on what to add to the special editions honestly with the pandemic going on I wouldn’t be surprised if the editions would only include a few items with most of the items to tempt you to buying it being digital(like access to a full soundtrack of the game/series or a armor effect)

I hope they do a collectors edition like Reach had.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> Special Edition consoles aren’t likely to happen at the moment, there isn’t even enough supply to get the general public a console.
> Phil Spencer of Xbox has said on Podcast Unlocked he’d want to do Special Editions but at the moment that’s not very easy to do with supply constraints on just trying to make a console. Chip shortages & other parts are making manufacturing difficult.
>
> As for other editions of the game, nothing has been revealed yet as the game isn’t even act for pre order due to no actual release date yet.
> It’s quite likely there could be pre order bonuses - but that’s pure speculation since there’s been nothing announced.

They need a release date first however Gamescom will most likely be the time/place.

I hope they make some statue version of the game. I have every other version from Halo 3.

Yeah I think a Series X Edition would be dope. I saw a mock up on Reddit. Pretty cool.

> 2533274832360281;5:
> > 2533274968042384;4:
> > I don’t see how a chip shortage effects a plastic shell. I’m pretty sure the only difference is the start up sounds and the plastic shell.
> >
> > Doesn’t matter what variant shows up somebody is going to buy it.
>
> Maybe because its the items that go inside that plastic shell there’s a shortage of…

Those exact same items would be used in a series X or S regardless. Just because you have a shortage of engines doesn’t mean every car has to be black dude.

That same engine can be plopped into any car regardless of the paint. If they had a shortage of dye that would be a excuse.

> 2533274968042384;11:
> > 2533274832360281;5:
> > > 2533274968042384;4:
> > > I don’t see how a chip shortage effects a plastic shell. I’m pretty sure the only difference is the start up sounds and the plastic shell.
> > >
> > > Doesn’t matter what variant shows up somebody is going to buy it.
> >
> > Maybe because its the items that go inside that plastic shell there’s a shortage of…
>
> Those exact same items would be used in a series X or S regardless. Just because you have a shortage of engines doesn’t mean every car has to be black dude.
>
> That same engine can be plopped into any car regardless of the paint. If they had a shortage of dye that would be a excuse.

And if you haven’t noticed… Series X consoles are not readily available and are months out from being in stock. The only reason the S is available is because people aren’t buying them compared to the X. If they can’t keep the Series X in stock due to shortages I highly doubt they’ll paint a console to fulfill a limited edition console

As cool as it would be, I don’t think there will be the supply of consoles to do a special edition. From a “Player First” point of view, I belive they should make some. Scalpers tend to not buy the console bundles that come with extra controllers and games, because those are harder to offload. So I feel like if they come out with a special edition Infinite console that comes bundled with additional digital and physical merchandise (in game coatings, physical UNSC dog tags, etc) at a premium price, these would hopefully be picked up by actual fans and players of the series more often than the scalpers.
As for editions of the actual game itself, I have not seen anything besides a Best Buy pre-order statue. I will be following this topic in hopes that this thread is updated when someone finds out new information when announced. Thanks!