Halo infinite E3 Trailer artstyle

Absolutely nailed the artstyle 343. This is halo. One thing although it’s a bit of a nitpick make chiefs armour a little more dirty/scuffed up/less platicky. Besides that great job!!

Tell me what you think

The community’s obsession with going retro killed this game’s artstyle.

You all complained loud enough for so long they finally caved and ruined everything.

> 2533274801472802;2:
> The community’s obsession with going retro killed this game’s artstyle.
>
> You all complained loud enough for so long they finally caved and ruined everything.

How did they ruin everything?

Looks good. I now want to see what combat gameplay looks like.

> 2533274801472802;2:
>
> You all complained loud enough for so long they finally caved and ruined everything.

what are you talking about? halo 4-5’s artstyle was trash, everything looked plastic and fake.

> 2533274801472802;2:
>

Lmaoo “ruined everything” more like copying the art style from the games that made Halo a household name in gaming (hint that’s not 4 or 5).

> 2533274801472802;2:
>

The community was loud enough as a whole to make it happen. Better to please the majority in my book.
Chief looks much better. He’s a lot more recognizable now.

> 2533274801472802;2:
>

So going back to the roots is killing it??

The artstyle sits in the uncanny valley of near-awesome.
Reducing gamma and making the whites warmer mostly fixes this.
The small change makes everything look more natural and less plastic toy like.

Imgur: Halo infinite E3 2019: Proposition for advanced designs

I completely agree and I can hardly wait to see some proper gameplay.

Eh, it looked too plastic and rubbery which makes it look like a 360 game. I’m glad old music and art style is back.
Please make the graphics look better next time

Lighting effects look very good, but textures could use some work.

> 2533274801472802;2:
>

“They went back to the designs everybody loved and that means they ruined it!”

Okay.

> 2533274873626294;12:
> Lighting effects look very good, but textures could use some work.

I edited another image in the same fashion as before. this removes the texture problem

The Armour reminds me of a mix between Halo 3/ 2 Anniversary and Halo Legends, which is nice. Imo the Armour design is perfect, Chief looks bulky which is fitting, since hes basically a tank with legs and arms.

> 2533274801472802;2:
>

Not everybody can win.

> 2533274851412396;5:
> > 2533274801472802;2:
> > The community’s obsession with going retro killed this game’s artstyle.
> >
> > You all complained loud enough for so long they finally caved and ruined everything.
>
> what are you talking about? halo 4-5’s artstyle was trash, everything looked plastic and fake.

Personally I preferred the H4 armor and thought they needed to make the visor less orange. Anywho the NEW armor looks great! Not perfect but I really like it overall.

The textures and overall look don’t impress me at all. Looks like a fancy cartoon. He’s just been in a war apparently, so he shouldn’t look as smooth as he does. Apart from a spartan being there, this doesn’t look like a halo game in my opinion

> 2533274856059836;18:
> The textures and overall look don’t impress me at all. Looks like a fancy cartoon. He’s just been in a war apparently, so he shouldn’t look as smooth as he does. Apart from a spartan being there, this doesn’t look like a halo game in my opinion

Weve only seen a very small amount of footage. The trailer was meant to show the master chief

The newer art styles took a serious war game about saving earth and made it a cartoon. I hope this older look brings back blood and a more adult theme.