Halo Infinite: Concern for Individuality

I want to start this off by saying, ive been playing halo for years. ever since i could hold a controller. it has been one of my favorite works of fiction and will always hold a spot, deep in my heart. i was there when the flood arrived, i was there when reach fell, i was there when we hunted the truth. And i want to follow up with a question directly to the developers at 343 industries by asking, if you have so many players, and so many spartans, why would you add in new and improved ways to customize while taking away a key part of it; choice of color? Halo 5, and previous halo games had the bare minimum of color choice, and we were satisfied. wanted more, granted. but we were ok with it. and now, you take away the bare minimum, even now having the slipspace engine, where you could do more and even add a color wheel, giving us maximum control of our personality. All im saying, is keep the color palette and materials, but give us a color wheel for the palette slots. give us our individuality. you’re making so many advancing changes and doing so good after halo 4 and halo 5, removing personality isnt one of them. i want to know exactly why you made such a change and if its permanent. and if so, why. i want to genuinely understand this change because i have no idea why its needed, especially with such a seemingly great engine.

> 2535440367665520;1:
> I want to start this off by saying, ive been playing halo for years. ever since i could hold a controller. it has been one of my favorite works of fiction and will always hold a spot, deep in my heart. i was there when the flood arrived, i was there when reach fell, i was there when we hunted the truth. And i want to follow up with a question directly to the developers at 343 industries by asking, if you have so many players, and so many spartans, why would you add in new and improved ways to customize while taking away a key part of it; choice of color? Halo 5, and previous halo games had the bare minimum of color choice, and we were satisfied. wanted more, granted. but we were ok with it. and now, you take away the bare minimum, even now having the slipspace engine, where you could do more and even add a color wheel, giving us maximum control of our personality. All im saying, is keep the color palette and materials, but give us a color wheel for the palette slots. give us our individuality. you’re making so many advancing changes and doing so good after halo 4 and halo 5, removing personality isnt one of them. i want to know exactly why you made such a change and if its permanent. and if so, why. i want to genuinely understand this change because i have no idea why its needed, especially with such a seemingly great engine.

Agreed!

It’s truly sad to see one of the most fundamental choices we make in MP going away due to greed.

Infinite added a whole new system to actually see your spartan’s colors in matches (outside of just FFA), and then removes customization. It seems just completely silly and backwards to me.

It all boils down to two things, the first is money. They need to fill the battle pass with customisation options to generate interest and to get players to buy it. Secondly newer gamers need to unlock stuff to enjoy a game, from loot boxes to battle passes they need to fulfill the desire to acquire new shiny stuff.

I’ve been playing games at home since the early 80’s and it saddens me to see video games rely on money spinning opportunities for longevity rather than gameplay.