Halo Infinite Collector's Edition questions

Will there be a collector’s edition of Halo Infinite?
If yes, will it be for Xbox One / Xbox Series X only or will there be a PC version?
If yes, will the PC version be only for the Microsoft Store platform or will there be a Steam version too?
If there’s not a Steam version this is quite the dealbreaker. Games from the Windows store never work as well as their respective Steam versions do.

> 2535433745040114;1:
> Will there be a collector’s edition of Halo Infinite?
> If yes, will it be for Xbox One / Xbox Series X only or will there be a PC version?
> If yes, will the PC version be only for the Microsoft Store platform or will there be a Steam version too?
> If there’s not a Steam version this is quite the dealbreaker. Games from the Windows store never work as well as their respective Steam versions do.

I actually have same concerns. I have collected all disks of halo games so far. But i am playing on my pc. Fat xbox one is weaker then my pc so I want to play infinite on pc.

I hope with disk they give codes to get a digital edition. I dont want to buy twice…

I’m going to assume that if they do any sort of PC collector’s edition, it will be the Microsoft Store version so that those who buy it will get the Xbox Play Anywhere functionality (aside from Microsoft obviously preferring you to own it on their store rather than Steam), but I think it’s safe to say that there will certainly be some sort of collector’s edition of Infinite for Xbox and/or a special edition console as well since it is a launch title.

> 2533274899826761;3:
> I’m going to assume that if they do any sort of PC collector’s edition, it will be the Microsoft Store version so that those who buy it will get the Xbox Play Anywhere functionality (aside from Microsoft obviously preferring you to own it on their store rather than Steam), but I think it’s safe to say that there will certainly be some sort of collector’s edition of Infinite for Xbox and/or a special edition console as well since it is a launch title.

As much as I hate to admit it, it does make sense that they prefer you use MS Store. If I have to buy twice, I might do it in the end as my birthday is not too far from the possible release in november and I should be able to rack up some money, though if there is indeed a Steam collector edition of course I’m going to go for that.
Xbox Play Anywhere is not going to be really useful to me if there will indeed be cross-play as the Steam page seems to be hinting (unless I’m mistaking something) as I should be able to play with my PC with a XSX/XBOne friend as I plan to do at release.

The real question is are they going to do a Halo-themed Series X?

If so, they can take my money right now.

Though to be 100% fair, if the actual games worked right without performance issues (I don’t even know why, but they do. on MCC PC and iirc on AoE II definitive edition whenever there is ANY kind of user input the graphics (menu, in-game rendering, cursor, you name it) FREEZE until there’s none (e.g. you depress keyboard, mouse stops moving, don’t touch controller buttons etc) which is weird, not happening on their respective Steam versions (I only named these two as they’re the only games I have on both stores) and apparently something some friends of mine haven’t encountered. Should make a post about it. It’s the PC GamePass version if anyone needs to know) I wouldn’t care less…
I guess I’ll have to hope really hard then

> 2533274818912808;5:
> The real question is are they going to do a Halo-themed Series X?
>
> If so, they can take my money right now.

Given that Halo Infinite is a super important launch title it must get the special edition console bundle treatment.

I’m thinking of getting the Halo infinite collector’s edition if there is one but with the series s will there be a code within collector’s edition box instead of a disk

> 2535430290636545;8:
> I’m thinking of getting the Halo infinite collector’s edition if there is one but with the series s will there be a code within collector’s edition box instead of a disk

They may just make a code for both. There was a time when people complained about not getting a physical disc and I believe that they allowed an exchange as long as you didn’t already redeem the code if I’m not mistaken.

It would be nice if they gave you the option of disc vs download upon preordering.