Halo Infinite collectors edition: Digital or Disc

I was wondering how Halo Infinite collectors editions is going to be… I hope they have a version with the game’s disc, having a special edition case of the game is one my favorite things of these limited editions. Still, I understand many users will have the Series S.

¿What are your thoughts? ¿Would you prefer it coming with a digital download of the game?

Honestly I would prefer both. I love physical copies as a collector, but digital editions are just so convenient.

> 2533274927740213;2:
> Honestly I would prefer both. I love physical copies as a collector, but digital editions are just so convenient.

I agree; there’s just something about no having to get up to switch discs, that you only notice when you have to revert back.

It would be cool if they did a disc-less of an LE, which came with the same custom disc case, but with a voucher code inside.

It needs a disk, even if the disk is non-functional and purely for looks. Call me old school, but I really appreciate a good manual and disc combo, even if it’s just for show.

> 2533274810945725;3:
> > 2533274927740213;2:
> > Honestly I would prefer both. I love physical copies as a collector, but digital editions are just so convenient.
>
> I agree; there’s just something about no having to get up to switch discs, that you only notice when you have to revert back.
>
> It would be cool if they did a disc-less of an LE, which came with the same custom disc case, but with a voucher code inside.

Honestly I feel like this would be the best for me personally

Digital version would be better for me, because I have an XBOneX and XBOne. If it’s disk, I can only play on one console/wont be able to play across multiple. Although, Game Pass could work as an alternative.

Once I realized that games don’t run off the disc, and the only advantage to the disc is a faster install… I went full team digital. The disc is literally just a breakable .exe file required to run the game (after the game is installed).

I don’t think I would care much. I’d certainly prefer the disc but as long as the special ed. trinkets are good, it won’t bother me.

> 2533274803493024;7:
> Once I realized that games don’t run off the disc, and the only advantage to the disc is a faster install… I went full team digital. The disc is literally just a breakable .exe file required to run the game (after the game is installed).

Same boat here. It will be interesting to say the least (with gaming world in general) how this plays out IE: price differences or dare i say price reduction for non disc editions.

The games will necessarily be on disc for simple reason that in each box there is a disc, second reason, it will be available day one on the game pass so I do not see the need to have bought a physical game but have an online code … Every game has to have its record and if anyone wants it in demat, there is the game pass for it

Halo 5 came with a digital download code inside the case. I could see them doing it again.

> 2591580321307319;11:
> Halo 5 came with a digital download code inside the case. I could see them doing it again.

Honestly that’d probably be for the best

> 2533274927740213;2:
> Honestly I would prefer both. I love physical copies as a collector, but digital editions are just so convenient.

Same. That’s why I collect, it’s great to have something physical, I’d even settle for disc with activation code like PC’s do or used to.

> 2535411524798389;12:
> > 2591580321307319;11:
> > Halo 5 came with a digital download code inside the case. I could see them doing it again.
>
> Honestly that’d probably be for the best

I would be surprised if 343I did that again as they got A LOT of backlash for doing that. So much so that Microsoft allowed people to exchange for a physical copy of the game.

Collectors generally want physical items, hence the “collecting” part. I know a lot of people that also don’t care if they get a physical copy of the game but piles of people do, more so it seems and let’s not forget that they’re still tons of people in the world that can’t get good internet or have data cap issues. If I’m spending $150 plus dollars on something, I want to be able to play it as well lol

I think the smart thing for them to do would just be include a disc of the game. Maybe they could also do something digitally as well, I don’t know. It doesn’t cost that much to make a diva these days and they would save themselves a lot of headache!

> 2533274815533909;14:
> > 2535411524798389;12:
> > > 2591580321307319;11:
> > > Halo 5 came with a digital download code inside the case. I could see them doing it again.
> >
> > Honestly that’d probably be for the best
>
> I would be surprised if 343I did that again as they got A LOT of backlash for doing that. So much so that Microsoft allowed people to exchange for a physical copy of the game.
>
> Collectors generally want physical items, hence the “collecting” part. I know a lot of people that also don’t care if they get a physical copy of the game but piles of people do, more so it seems and let’s not forget that they’re still tons of people in the world that can’t get good internet or have data cap issues. If I’m spending $150 plus dollars on something, I want to be able to play it as well lol
>
> I think the smart thing for them to do would just be include a disc of the game. Maybe they could also do something digitally as well, I don’t know. It doesn’t cost that much to make a diva these days and they would save themselves a lot of headache!

Yeah well they’d have to do that again cause what about people that buy a series S but want the collectors edition stuff. The only option they really have is either digital with trade in for physical… or give people the option of physical or digital when they pre order (imo giving the option is for the best)

I don’t see the value in a digital “Collector’s edition” because it essentially is just the game with DLC tacked on.

I prefer physical collectors’ editions of games. In fact, back when Halo Reach first launched I got the Legendary Edition at the midnight launch, which was such an exciting experience I legitimately have a more clear recollection of it than my high school graduation.

> 2533274927740213;2:

i agree, i’d get the disc to have a physical copy of it, and a digital so i don’t need to use a disc