Halo Infinite - Classic Skull

Since the Halo Infinite gameplay reveal I have seen a lot of division in the community regarding the gameplay of Infinite. I have had an idea to remedy this.

I have seen people making memes about classic fans moaning and saying that we are cry-babies and that we are deliberately setting out to talk sh*t about Halo Infinite. I can assure you this is not the case, the Classic Halo Community has a voice and opinion on the matter just as much as new fans and silencing the classic fans via memes is disrupting feedback.

What I propose is a “Classic Skull” that is available to all either from the get-go or via acquiring it during the first mission of the campaign. This skull will remove sprint, sliding, grapple shot and any other movement mechanics at launch that were not in the Bungie games. This will allow classic players to play through Infinite with a more stripped back, classic feel but also allows the newer fans who enjoy the new movement mechanics to just continue playing as normal. And this is all achievable without breaking the current formula set out for Infinite.

I feel very strongly about this particular situation as I do crave for the old formula and feel as if over the past few days people have just been downplaying the classic fan base as just complainers who need to get over ourselves. If a game that had always utilised sprint removed it there would be the same kind of reaction.

If anyone from 343i reads this I want to say thank you for continuing your hard work over the pandemic period, and please consider the idea of a “Classic Skull” for the OG fans, we miss the old days.

Great idea, but there’s no way it could actually happen. On the off chance that someone from 343 does read this post, AND is able to get it incorporated into the final version in the 4 months till launch, I’m with ya all the way! A skull like that would definitely go a long way towards knocking out all the complaints I read here. Personally, I like the look of grapple hook, sprint, slide, etc and probably wouldn’t use such a skull even if I had the chance. But I still think it sounds cool!

> 2533274957407418;1:
> What I propose is a “Classic Skull” that is available to all either from the get-go or via acquiring it during the first mission of the campaign. This skull will remove sprint, sliding, grapple shot and any other movement mechanics at launch that were not in the Bungie games. This will allow classic players to play through Infinite with a more stripped back, classic feel but also allows the newer fans who enjoy the new movement mechanics to just continue playing as normal. And this is all achievable without breaking the current formula set out for Infinite.

I mean, if I just wanted to play without those mechanics, I would just, y’know, not use them.
In fact, I played H5G the same way, and while it was still not enjoyable, there was only one instance where I was forced to resort to Advanced Movement Mechanics to progress. Which makes me wonder if the gameplay was maybe designed differently when the levels were built.
(FYI, the one place where you need AMM is on sunaion, where you either need sprint or clamber to make a wide jump to a button.)

What I’m saying is, it is not enough to remove the new mechanics, you’d probably have to adjust the rest as a response. At the very least, you’d have to increase BMS and jump height with such a skull.
On the other hand, you could just enable custom games for campaign, and let the player edit their gameplay to their personal preferences altogether.

Both great points, I understand this will not be an easy thing for them to just throw in. I just feel like it’s a good idea for both old and new fans in the sense that old fans can enjoy the nostalgia and the new fans can get a glimpse into how the originals were played. If what I have read/heard is to be true then there will be many different paths and vantage points to get to or use as an ambush point against the different enemies and strongholds within the open world. If that is the case then movement speed and jump height doesn’t necessarily have to be changed and, if they do have to be changed then it can’t be too hard to implement seeing as you can change those settings in Halo Reach. Thank you for the comments, I just want to discuss the topic and put it out there on the off-chance someone from 343i see’s it and considers it