Halo Infinite Beta STILL not Ready?

Is Halo infinite ready or not? That is the question I have been asking myself lately. You would think for a game that has been in development for 6 years and was going to supposedly launch last year to be able to support a beta, let alone a technical preview of the game by now. For comparison, let’s look at Halo 5. Halo 5 had a beta on December 29th, 2014, and Halo 5 launched on October 27th, 2015. Given the vast amount of time between Halo 5’s beta and its release, with Halo infinities given development time, there should be no reason that Halo infinities tech test or beta isn’t ready. Although maybe we will get lucky and get the beta sometime this summer, September 22 to be exact.

In b4 lock.

They literally just released an Inside Infinite detailing flighting. And there are other posts about it “not being ready for Beta”

> 2533274836669416;2:
> In b4 lock.
>
> They literally just released an Inside Infinite detailing flighting. And there are other posts about it “not being ready for Beta”

Yes, I read the post, did you read mine? And yet despite all that information that they didn’t include a beta or tech test date. Not only is it baffling that they didn’t release a beta date announced yet but also not having a release date for the game that is supposed to launch at the latest in 5 months.

> 2535464768655596;1:
> Is Halo infinite ready or not? That is the question I have been asking myself lately. You would think for a game that has been in development for 6 years and was going to supposedly launch last year to be able to support a beta, let alone a technical preview of the game by now. For comparison, let’s look at Halo 5. Halo 5 had a beta on December 29th, 2014, and Halo 5 launched on October 27th, 2015. Given the vast amount of time between Halo 5’s beta and its release, with Halo infinities given development time, there should be no reason that Halo infinities tech test or beta isn’t ready. Although maybe we will get lucky and get the beta sometime this summer, September 22 to be exact.

It will be ready when it is ready.

Its not ready yet and its clear it will be ready sometime soon. Just be a bit more patient.

> 2535465841210047;4:
> > 2535464768655596;1:
> > Is Halo infinite ready or not? That is the question I have been asking myself lately. You would think for a game that has been in development for 6 years and was going to supposedly launch last year to be able to support a beta, let alone a technical preview of the game by now. For comparison, let’s look at Halo 5. Halo 5 had a beta on December 29th, 2014, and Halo 5 launched on October 27th, 2015. Given the vast amount of time between Halo 5’s beta and its release, with Halo infinities given development time, there should be no reason that Halo infinities tech test or beta isn’t ready. Although maybe we will get lucky and get the beta sometime this summer, September 22 to be exact.
>
> It will be ready when it is ready.
>
> Its not ready yet and its clear it will be ready sometime soon. Just be a bit more patient.

I had that same mindset, be patient, until the forced Halo Infinite reveal last year. Based on their current track record with Halo infinities development it isn’t exactly reassuring that they can’t or won’t give us a beta, or even game release date at this point in development.

> 2535464768655596;5:
> > 2535465841210047;4:
> > > 2535464768655596;1:
> > > Is Halo infinite ready or not? That is the question I have been asking myself lately. You would think for a game that has been in development for 6 years and was going to supposedly launch last year to be able to support a beta, let alone a technical preview of the game by now. For comparison, let’s look at Halo 5. Halo 5 had a beta on December 29th, 2014, and Halo 5 launched on October 27th, 2015. Given the vast amount of time between Halo 5’s beta and its release, with Halo infinities given development time, there should be no reason that Halo infinities tech test or beta isn’t ready. Although maybe we will get lucky and get the beta sometime this summer, September 22 to be exact.
> >
> > It will be ready when it is ready.
> >
> > Its not ready yet and its clear it will be ready sometime soon. Just be a bit more patient.
>
> I had that same mindset, be patient, until the forced Halo Infinite reveal last year. Based on their current track record with Halo infinities development it isn’t exactly reassuring that they can’t or won’t give us a beta, or even game release date at this point in development.

It was detailed in the flight that the devs were given the go ahead to push a 4 v bots flight out next weekend.

they said yet they said 2021 is the year for release we have months before the end of this year

A bad released game is bad forever. Just give it some time, dang.

This is pretty common for 343’s flights. MCC’s flights were always on a fluid date given they did not run into blockers with the build they intend to use. As of now, if there are no last-minute blockers they run into for that build, the plan will be by next weekend

> 2535464768655596;5:
> > 2535465841210047;4:
> > > 2535464768655596;1:
> > > Is Halo infinite ready or not? That is the question I have been asking myself lately. You would think for a game that has been in development for 6 years and was going to supposedly launch last year to be able to support a beta, let alone a technical preview of the game by now. For comparison, let’s look at Halo 5. Halo 5 had a beta on December 29th, 2014, and Halo 5 launched on October 27th, 2015. Given the vast amount of time between Halo 5’s beta and its release, with Halo infinities given development time, there should be no reason that Halo infinities tech test or beta isn’t ready. Although maybe we will get lucky and get the beta sometime this summer, September 22 to be exact.
> >
> > It will be ready when it is ready.
> >
> > Its not ready yet and its clear it will be ready sometime soon. Just be a bit more patient.
>
> I had that same mindset, be patient, until the forced Halo Infinite reveal last year. Based on their current track record with Halo infinities development it isn’t exactly reassuring that they can’t or won’t give us a beta, or even game release date at this point in development.

“Forced”? - Did you want them to ask you permission before posting the gameplay reveal or

> 2535464768655596;3:
> > 2533274836669416;2:
> > In b4 lock.
> >
> > They literally just released an Inside Infinite detailing flighting. And there are other posts about it “not being ready for Beta”
>
> Yes, I read the post, did you read mine? And yet despite all that information that they didn’t include a beta or tech test date. Not only is it baffling that they didn’t release a beta date announced yet but also not having a release date for the game that is supposed to launch at the latest in 5 months.

I have my doubts you read the full post. They literally said it’s past the “Alpha” state but not quite polished to be in “Beta” stage. The flights they have planned (especially the sooner ones) are purely for testing the technical and stability aspects, and its a few months behind their current build.

They also said testing for mode Bot Arena (4 players vs 4 bots) could be as soon as next weekend.

Perhaps any more questions you have may be answered if you (ahem) “re-read” the Inside Infinite.

> 2535464768655596;3:
> > 2533274836669416;2:
> > In b4 lock.
> >
> > They literally just released an Inside Infinite detailing flighting. And there are other posts about it “not being ready for Beta”
>
> Yes, I read the post, did you read mine? And yet despite all that information that they didn’t include a beta or tech test date. Not only is it baffling that they didn’t release a beta date announced yet but also not having a release date for the game that is supposed to launch at the latest in 5 months.

Lmao, clearly not the entire article then or your comprehension is off. They literally detailed why it’s not an alpha, nor beta and their goals for the flighting. You have 3+ months of refinement. Betas are typically close to final builds. I’m fine with them still tweaking, polishing, and refining. The game hasn’t gone gold. This is largely Halo’s first venture into this aside from MCC with a battle pass.

They’re doing it right. Chill.

> 2535464768655596;1:
> Is Halo infinite ready or not? That is the question I have been asking myself lately. You would think for a game that has been in development for 6 years and was going to supposedly launch last year to be able to support a beta, let alone a technical preview of the game by now. For comparison, let’s look at Halo 5. Halo 5 had a beta on December 29th, 2014, and Halo 5 launched on October 27th, 2015. Given the vast amount of time between Halo 5’s beta and its release, with Halo infinities given development time, there should be no reason that Halo infinities tech test or beta isn’t ready. Although maybe we will get lucky and get the beta sometime this summer, September 22 to be exact.

Is ready when is ready

This thread shows some people in the community learned absolutely nothing from Cyberpunk’s launch.

It will be ready when it is ready!

They said the flight that will be coming out is a few months older than there current build, somewhere between alpha and beta.

> 2535464768655596;5:
> > 2535465841210047;4:
> > > 2535464768655596;1:
> > > Is Halo infinite ready or not? That is the question I have been asking myself lately. You would think for a game that has been in development for 6 years and was going to supposedly launch last year to be able to support a beta, let alone a technical preview of the game by now. For comparison, let’s look at Halo 5. Halo 5 had a beta on December 29th, 2014, and Halo 5 launched on October 27th, 2015. Given the vast amount of time between Halo 5’s beta and its release, with Halo infinities given development time, there should be no reason that Halo infinities tech test or beta isn’t ready. Although maybe we will get lucky and get the beta sometime this summer, September 22 to be exact.
> >
> > It will be ready when it is ready.
> >
> > Its not ready yet and its clear it will be ready sometime soon. Just be a bit more patient.
>
> I had that same mindset, be patient, until the forced Halo Infinite reveal last year. Based on their current track record with Halo infinities development it isn’t exactly reassuring that they can’t or won’t give us a beta, or even game release date at this point in development.

Please read the Inside Infinite again. Once again they have made it clear that this is not a beta and by the sounds of things we’re unlikely to get a traditional beta before late October/November if at all.

A ‘beta’ has connotations around how ‘ready’ a game is, how much content is included, how well a lot of the systems work, and the scope of feedback being asked for.

This initial flight is very much a technical preview as the Inside Infinite made clear. First and foremost it’s about stress testing their systems.

Please can everyone stop referring to ‘beta’. Unless and until Infinite gets one, flights are not betas. End of

They explained in the inside infinite update yesterday that they are not in alpha, but also not in beta. Somewhere in between, hence the first flight only focusing on some sections of the game. They’re cutting it real close, I hope these flights can enable them to pull off an at least acceptable launch. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried.

> What’s in a name? Quite a lot, as it turns out. Different games across the industry, and even Halo games over the years, have had all sorts of pre-launch hands-on releases and tests that carry various official labels. Terms like “alpha” and “beta” often convey a certain expectation around polish and stability, breadth, marketing implications, and more. We’re further along than what would be truly considered an “alpha” but also not really at a level of overall completeness some expect in a “beta.”

> For further context, this technical preview is a couple months behind where the development team and ‘main’ game build currently is given the process and time it takes to go through all the gates and steps before releasing to the public.

This. People need to read the fine print a little bit more before immediately assuming that the game is in a bad state or calling this a beta. If anything, even if the game isn’t exactly where they wanted it at, they’re doing everything the way they should be right now. I’d much rather have them doing this than get a release that was similar to MCC’s launch. How quickly people forget what happened there. They absolutely don’t want to repeat that mistake.