Halo Infinite Battle Pass

If Halo infinite went the route of adopting a battle pass for its game how would you like it handled?
What kind of Model do you think would work for Halo & what specifically do you think needs to be on it?

Just asking as I’m seeing rumours of such and wondering exactly what people on here think when it comes to battle passes.

I honestly think MCCs battlepass is the best form. No FOMO, easy grind with no hassle but still takes time, challenges that give both exp and direct points for unlocks, BPs stack so you can choose to take your time. It’s by far the best BP system to exist.

I would like to see weapon skins, armour options, winning stances, assassinations, emblems and titles available in any battle pass. Maybe even some character options.

Operate it over 2-3 month seasons. Daily/weekly and monthly challenges. Maybe even community ones where we get a double exp weekend if as a community we complete X objectives, e.g 50,000 plasma pistol kills in online matches.

In addition I think it’s important that a healthy number of options are made available to players with the game for free and to be gotten via unlockables.

> 2533274868747146;1:
> If Halo infinite went the route of adopting a battle pass for its game how would you like it handled?
> What kind of Model do you think would work for Halo & what specifically do you think needs to be on it?
>
> Just asking as I’m seeing rumours of such and wondering exactly what people on here think when it comes to battle passes.

As long as it’s free, I don’t care.(although I doubt it will be.)

> 2535415309889058;4:
> > 2533274868747146;1:
> > If Halo infinite went the route of adopting a battle pass for its game how would you like it handled?
> > What kind of Model do you think would work for Halo & what specifically do you think needs to be on it?
> >
> > Just asking as I’m seeing rumours of such and wondering exactly what people on here think when it comes to battle passes.
>
> As long as it’s free, I don’t care.(although I doubt it will be.)

Lets say its not free. Because lets be honest, they need to bring in money somehow. But even if it was $10 per season and all you got was nameplates, weapon skins, and other stuff. I still fail to see how this is a bad thing.

Personally I think a Destiny style would be the best for Halo, were you can buy a full pass or “seasons in advance” and get some stuff free and others you get behind the paid battle pass. I think thats a win/win for everyone.

I do not want to see a battle pass, fortnite spreading it’s disease of the battle pass gotta stop lol. The old achievement system or credit system is far superior, the old systems only needed a few tweaks.

> 2533274832360281;5:
> > 2535415309889058;4:
> > > 2533274868747146;1:
> > > If Halo infinite went the route of adopting a battle pass for its game how would you like it handled?
> > > What kind of Model do you think would work for Halo & what specifically do you think needs to be on it?
> > >
> > > Just asking as I’m seeing rumours of such and wondering exactly what people on here think when it comes to battle passes.
> >
> > As long as it’s free, I don’t care.(although I doubt it will be.)
>
> Lets say its not free. Because lets be honest, they need to bring in money somehow. But even if it was $10 per season and all you got was nameplates, weapon skins, and other stuff. I still fail to see how this is a bad thing.
>
> Personally I think a Destiny style would be the best for Halo, were you can buy a full pass or “seasons in advance” and get some stuff free and others you get behind the paid battle pass. I think thats a win/win for everyone.

Sure hope your right about the price tag, cause I couldn’t afford much more then that.

> 2533275006041959;6:
> I do not want to see a battle pass, fortnite spreading it’s disease of the battle pass gotta stop lol. The old achievement system or credit system is far superior, the old systems only needed a few tweaks.

Agreed.

All I know is that if they have modes like ranked locked behind the battle pass, which I’ve heard rumors it is, I will be seriously pissed off if I have to pay so much money every season just to play ranked. I personally don’t think anything should be locked behind a paywall, let it be weapon skins, armor, certain stances, assassinations whatever… I think you should be able to unlock everything in the game without paying for it, But I know that won’t happen… :pensive: but if the battle pass is cosmetic crap ONLY then I can live with it (though I’d rather not have it at all or anything to do with microtransactions)

> 2535415309889058;7:
> > 2533274832360281;5:
> > > 2535415309889058;4:
> > > > 2533274868747146;1:
> > > > If Halo infinite went the route of adopting a battle pass for its game how would you like it handled?
> > > > What kind of Model do you think would work for Halo & what specifically do you think needs to be on it?
> > > >
> > > > Just asking as I’m seeing rumours of such and wondering exactly what people on here think when it comes to battle passes.
> > >
> > > As long as it’s free, I don’t care.(although I doubt it will be.)
> >
> > Lets say its not free. Because lets be honest, they need to bring in money somehow. But even if it was $10 per season and all you got was nameplates, weapon skins, and other stuff. I still fail to see how this is a bad thing.
> >
> > Personally I think a Destiny style would be the best for Halo, were you can buy a full pass or “seasons in advance” and get some stuff free and others you get behind the paid battle pass. I think thats a win/win for everyone.
>
> Sure hope your right about the price tag, cause I couldn’t afford much more then that.

It was more of a guess to be honest. I just look at MW being and other battle passes from other games and their all roughly around that price.

> 2533274887875135;2:
> I honestly think MCCs battlepass is the best form. No FOMO, easy grind with no hassle but still takes time, challenges that give both exp and direct points for unlocks, BPs stack so you can choose to take your time. It’s by far the best BP system to exist.

I agree that its the best BP ever, but I think they won’t go that route with Infinite unfortunately. The F2P confirmation is pretty good indication that there will be a paid system. I just hope that its not egregious like Cod Blops 4.

Paid battlepass is perfectly fine, and with the live service aspect of the game, it’s necessary to fund development.
That said, the battle pass in Infinite NEEDS to copy MCC’s battle pass, in that once you have access to it, it doesn’t expire, and you can dedicate as much or as little time to it as you want without FOMO.

> 2745721379988648;12:
> Paid battlepass is perfectly fine, and with the live service aspect of the game, it’s necessary to fund development.
> That said, the battle pass in Infinite NEEDS to copy MCC’s battle pass, in that once you have access to it, it doesn’t expire, and you can dedicate as much or as little time to it as you want without FOMO.

Paid battle pass is not fine, I don’t want to have to pay to get the unlockables I would like to use. It should be like the MCC without the monitization

> 2535431041643825;13:
> > 2745721379988648;12:
> > Paid battlepass is perfectly fine, and with the live service aspect of the game, it’s necessary to fund development.
> > That said, the battle pass in Infinite NEEDS to copy MCC’s battle pass, in that once you have access to it, it doesn’t expire, and you can dedicate as much or as little time to it as you want without FOMO.
>
> Paid battle pass is not fine, I don’t want to have to pay to get the unlockables I would like to use. It should be like the MCC without the monitization

But they have to make money somehow on this. Your other option is micro-transactions, and that means cosmetics to keep it balanced, which means armor variants. To me, that’s a nightmare.
The way I would like to see this play out is to have the Battle Pass contain new maps, game modes, and possibly some exclusive weapon skins, nameplates, stances, etc.

Leave the MJOLNIR arrmor variant unlocks purely progression-based, or based on achievements. I’m sure there will be a mix of both, but I just don’t want the majority of all of the really cool armor variants locked behind some paywall.

> 2533274823267926;14:
> > 2535431041643825;13:
> > > 2745721379988648;12:
> > > Paid battlepass is perfectly fine, and with the live service aspect of the game, it’s necessary to fund development.
> > > That said, the battle pass in Infinite NEEDS to copy MCC’s battle pass, in that once you have access to it, it doesn’t expire, and you can dedicate as much or as little time to it as you want without FOMO.
> >
> > Paid battle pass is not fine, I don’t want to have to pay to get the unlockables I would like to use. It should be like the MCC without the monitization
>
> But they have to make money somehow on this. Your other option is micro-transactions, and that means cosmetics to keep it balanced, which means armor variants. To me, that’s a nightmare.
> The way I would like to see this play out is to have the Battle Pass contain new maps, game modes, and possibly some exclusive weapon skins, nameplates, stances, etc.
>
> Leave the MJOLNIR arrmor variant unlocks purely progression-based, or based on achievements. I’m sure there will be a mix of both, but I just don’t want the majority of all of the really cool armor variants locked behind some paywall.

OR 343 said the multiplayer is free, maybe we have to pay for the campaign?

> 2535431041643825;15:
> > 2533274823267926;14:
> > > 2535431041643825;13:
> > > > 2745721379988648;12:
> > > > Paid battlepass is perfectly fine, and with the live service aspect of the game, it’s necessary to fund development.
> > > > That said, the battle pass in Infinite NEEDS to copy MCC’s battle pass, in that once you have access to it, it doesn’t expire, and you can dedicate as much or as little time to it as you want without FOMO.
> > >
> > > Paid battle pass is not fine, I don’t want to have to pay to get the unlockables I would like to use. It should be like the MCC without the monitization
> >
> > But they have to make money somehow on this. Your other option is micro-transactions, and that means cosmetics to keep it balanced, which means armor variants. To me, that’s a nightmare.
> > The way I would like to see this play out is to have the Battle Pass contain new maps, game modes, and possibly some exclusive weapon skins, nameplates, stances, etc.
> >
> > Leave the MJOLNIR arrmor variant unlocks purely progression-based, or based on achievements. I’m sure there will be a mix of both, but I just don’t want the majority of all of the really cool armor variants locked behind some paywall.
>
> OR 343 said the multiplayer is free, maybe we have to pay for the campaign?

FTP for everyone, right? Even if you don’t have Infinite.

It’d be neat if traditional Multiplayer was still packaged with Singleplayer, & the F2P model was for some sort of new mode…

However I don’t see that happening because, “Multipler is F2P” really is a blanket statement. Hopefully you won’t have to buy armor or any cosmetics, however a truly complete & fun Multiplayer would warrant me taking my wallet out.

Additionally, how much is our campaign going to be? 40$? 60$?
Will there be achievements in both?

OR, this is marketing & Xbox Live is going away, so technically it wouldn’t have a cost barrier. For the first time other than PC you’ll be able to play Halo without the additional cost of XboxLive, in other words… F2P. Dude so many questions.

> 2535431041643825;13:
> > 2745721379988648;12:
> > Paid battlepass is perfectly fine, and with the live service aspect of the game, it’s necessary to fund development.
> > That said, the battle pass in Infinite NEEDS to copy MCC’s battle pass, in that once you have access to it, it doesn’t expire, and you can dedicate as much or as little time to it as you want without FOMO.
>
> Paid battle pass is not fine, I don’t want to have to pay to get the unlockables I would like to use. It should be like the MCC without the monitization

If the Multiplayer is something you WOULD have paid for, then what is stopping you from investing the money you WOULD’VE spent on the cosmetics that you think you want?

Now that it is F2P, you don’t have to spend a single dollar.
Besides I’ve never equipped every armor at once, I usually just use one set of the plethora of options. :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274823267926;16:
> > 2535431041643825;15:
> > > 2533274823267926;14:
> > > > 2535431041643825;13:
> > > > > 2745721379988648;12:
> > > > > Paid battlepass is perfectly fine, and with the live service aspect of the game, it’s necessary to fund development.
> > > > > That said, the battle pass in Infinite NEEDS to copy MCC’s battle pass, in that once you have access to it, it doesn’t expire, and you can dedicate as much or as little time to it as you want without FOMO.
> > > >
> > > > Paid battle pass is not fine, I don’t want to have to pay to get the unlockables I would like to use. It should be like the MCC without the monitization
> > >
> > > But they have to make money somehow on this. Your other option is micro-transactions, and that means cosmetics to keep it balanced, which means armor variants. To me, that’s a nightmare.
> > > The way I would like to see this play out is to have the Battle Pass contain new maps, game modes, and possibly some exclusive weapon skins, nameplates, stances, etc.
> > >
> > > Leave the MJOLNIR arrmor variant unlocks purely progression-based, or based on achievements. I’m sure there will be a mix of both, but I just don’t want the majority of all of the really cool armor variants locked behind some paywall.
> >
> > OR 343 said the multiplayer is free, maybe we have to pay for the campaign?
>
> FTP for everyone, right? Even if you don’t have Infinite.

Not sure yet and I’m scared to know

No real money loot boxes sure.

But every other form of microtransactions will probably be implemented.

Free to Play games have the most aggressive monetisation schemes known to the gaming industry in nearly everysingle case.

Get ready for the scheme to milk kiddies of their parents money.