Halo Infinite Battle Pass.

So I logged onto Halo Reach 360 servers today and when I saw myself at max rank it got me thinking. How can Halo Infinite capitalize on a battle pass and give us a more engaging form of Progression. I personally think combining the two would be a great idea because it would appeal to those who’s expect BPs and players like me who aren’t the biggest fan of them.

To accomplish this is fairly simple, once you hit max rank in Halo Reach, outside of Commendations, you have nothing to really grind for. However using Halo Reach’s progression system as a core would cause Halo to stand out from the crowd. In the Battle Pass there should be new Commendations which rewards the player with Armor coating, weapon skins, Achievements (if the milestone is challenging)and special emblems. And of course with the battle pass you would have the standard content. But I feel that 343i has a good idea going with MCC that no matter how much time passes, you will not miss out on the content. This needs to return in Halo Infinite because this is unique and would evolve BPs.

Overall with the combination of milestones/challenges, aesthetics, and the ability to purchase any BP you want and work for that content, would defiantly set Halo’s BP aside from every other game that has these. Not to mention if by default we have a progression system that rewards us with content through leveling up, completing challenges, and the implementation of Commendations that link to your service record as a way to show off your playstyle and achievements. Its all about engaging with your player when it comes to these Battle Passes.

I’m not against the Battle Pass, it just needs to be done right.

seeing mp will be ftp, hence why they just changed rules for not needing xbox live gold to play ftp games. 343i are going to go all out for mp and have a battle pass, forge pass, buying cosmetics straight out, ext.
Anyone remember the old halo waypoint before it turned into what it is today? it was rather good tbh, and was mostly a stats page for all halo games with different rewards, ranks and achievements. So something like that a be nice. Either way i think battle pass will be a thing mostly because of the ftp thing.

Let’s just hope there are no payouts in the most anticipated Halo game

I HOPE that they will do it like they have with MCC, Mcc’s battlepass has been fantastic, Not overly hard to grind out and gives some good looking armour

BUT with inf mp being a f2p game they have to make up the revenue somewhere. So we can assume that the battlepass will be p2p(pay to play) Hopefully in the bane of apex’s battlepass. (Still get cool -Yoink- for just doing the free levels)

> 2533274811807878;4:
> I HOPE that they will do it like they have with MCC, Mcc’s battlepass has been fantastic, Not overly hard to grind out and gives some good looking armour
>
> BUT with inf mp being a f2p game they have to make up the revenue somewhere. So we can assume that the battlepass will be p2p(pay to play) Hopefully in the bane of apex’s battlepass. (Still get cool -Yoink- for just doing the free levels)

Warzone’s battle pass system is ok too. There’s no rng, you know what you’re working towards and you can earn enough CoD points to buy the next one. I have not spent a single penny on Warzone’s Battles passes as my CoD points carried over from Blackout. Either way it’s an initial payment £8.49 UK for 1100 points. That’s less than $12.00 USA. I would have no issues with Halo Infinite being similar.

Very cool idea, I’d definitely be down for this. Being able to unlock things via several different systems like rank, commendations, credits, level, etc. would be SO refreshing and fun to do with a BP system on top instead of just having one system to grind.

> 2533274811807878;4:
> I HOPE that they will do it like they have with MCC, Mcc’s battlepass has been fantastic, Not overly hard to grind out and gives some good looking armour
>
> BUT with inf mp being a f2p game they have to make up the revenue somewhere. So we can assume that the battlepass will be p2p(pay to play) Hopefully in the bane of apex’s battlepass. (Still get cool -Yoink- for just doing the free levels)

I agree, I think MCC’s battle pass has been incredible! But you’re right about them needing to make revenue somehow. If I had the guess it will probably be through exclusive skins you can’t unlock via the battle pass. Which I think is fair

Considering the game’s shift to free to play, having monetization like a Battle Pass is necessary. Hopefully they take some inspiration from both Fortnite’s and MCC’s by having it reward currency that can be used to unlock the next Battle Pass for free with some currency left over and also not being time gated. The point of the Battle Passes is to encourage engagement consistently, but I still find myself working up from each season one-by-one as I try to catch up.

Its probably going to be like the MCC’s system but I’m gonna bet they are going to push it where some /possibly many people will see it as pushing the limit on what they wanted from a battle pass.

> 2533274811807878;4:
>

I’m convinced this is exactly it because I’m seeing MCC as a testbed

> 2533274874872263;10:
> > 2533274811807878;4:
> > I HOPE that they will do it like they have with MCC, Mcc’s battlepass has been fantastic, Not overly hard to grind out and gives some good looking armour
> >
> > BUT with inf mp being a f2p game they have to make up the revenue somewhere. So we can assume that the battlepass will be p2p(pay to play) Hopefully in the bane of apex’s battlepass. (Still get cool -Yoink- for just doing the free levels)
>
> I’m convinced this is exactly it because I’m seeing MCC as a testbed

MCC so far has the only BP system that I have ever liked, if 343 can actually make me enjoy BP systems they will have earned so much credit in my mind because I already used to be far more opposed to them than I am now (I’m still skeptical tbh).

> 2533274841519598;11:
> > 2533274874872263;10:
> > > 2533274811807878;4:
> > > I HOPE that they will do it like they have with MCC, Mcc’s battlepass has been fantastic, Not overly hard to grind out and gives some good looking armour
> > >
> > > BUT with inf mp being a f2p game they have to make up the revenue somewhere. So we can assume that the battlepass will be p2p(pay to play) Hopefully in the bane of apex’s battlepass. (Still get cool -Yoink- for just doing the free levels)
> >
> > I’m convinced this is exactly it because I’m seeing MCC as a testbed
>
> MCC so far has the only BP system that I have ever liked, if 343 can actually make me enjoy BP systems they will have earned so much credit in my mind because I already used to be far more opposed to them than I am now (I’m still skeptical tbh).

The only two systems I have any respect for at all are MCC’s and Sea of Thieves. Both reward playing for just playing - they also encourage you to do certain things but don’t force it

I definitely won’t mind, it will give a incentive to grind to play more. I hope the stuff is actually decent looking tho.