Halo infinite backwards compatibility?

When Halo infinite comes out will be able to buy the next gen Xbox version and play it on my Xbox one x or will there be an Xbox one version?

Halo: Infinite is being released on the Xbox Scarlett, Xbox One consoles, and PC.

Also, as far as my understanding goes, while Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Original Xbox games will be backwards compatible on the Xbox Scarlett from launch, you will not be able to play any Xbox Scarlett games on the previous generations of consoles.

I would assume that’s a one way street. If you want to play on your XB1 you’ll most likely have to get that version. It’ll then be playable on the Scarlett but probably not the other way around.

> 2535437030232568;1:
> When Halo infinite comes out will be able to buy the next gen Xbox version and play it on my Xbox one x or will there be an Xbox one version?

Lol of course Microsoft introduced play anywhere sometime back so theoretically you should be able to play on all 3 from one purchase. All of Xbox first party titles fall into the play anywhere category so you should be fine. But I’m pretty sure the play anywhere would only work if you buy it digitally but halo infinite maybe a special case. Also there was an interview where they said that Xbox one controllers maybe accessories will work on the next Xbox

but what your referring to isn’t actually considered backwards comparable. Because halo infinite is being developed for Xbox one, Xbox two, and PC

i forget what it’s actually called but that’s a cross gen title not a backwards compatible game. Backwards compatible would be if you can play Halo 5 on the next gen system seeing it wasn’t developed for that console