Halo Infinite and HCS

What should be added to HI to grab viewers for their esports scene?

After a few days of thinking about the game (post tech preview). I’ve started to consider following and watching HCS. I have only watched ~5 hours of HCS on H5. More recently I’ve watched ~40 hours of Overwatch’s OWL. These are some things that would make HCS more approachable for me:

• Integration into the game. I think that HCS should have its own tab right next to the store front. Tell me info on where/when to watch as well as the teams playing.

• Focus on teams. To me, halo is a team game. Give esports teams there own identities with not too flashy armor coatings. When updating me on HCS news, tell me about the teams. If i’m interested, i’ll look into individual players on my own.

• Bring seasonal changes into HCS. I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I really enjoy the dynamics that changing pickups bring to a map. I would love to see seasonal updates to all the maps changing all pickups in rotation. This would also bring changes into the HCS and would be a spectacle to see how pros adapt.

-MVP coatings and sets. Alongside the ideas of fractures, i’d be interested in seeing dedicated flashier skins for MVPs for any particular HCS tournaments.

-Rewarding viewership. This is a very niche concept and i’m not certain how applicable it can be. OWL introduced a secondary premium currency that allowed access to a “pro store.” It gave viewers an opportunity to earn while they watch. I think this could help generate added viewership and revenue for the game. It may be possible through the new waypoint app.

That’s everything! Thanks for stopping by!

I think Overwatch has it nailed especially with viewership rewards. Hadn’t considered the MVP coating for Halo but that is a great idea, it’s a good concept from Overwatch and can make certain players stand out and build a fanbase.

I agree with everything you said, however I would like flashy team skins so they stand out and pop. Really give the team an identity. They are definitely focusing more on teams now with the sponsors and set pro teams in the tournaments. I wonder if it could develop into a league too like Overwatch. There’s always some competitive to watch if that’s what youre into.

Hadn’t considered seasonal changes, I do feel like MLG never properly changed after a set point. Would be good to see more map rotations in and out, and weapon/gametypes changes. Might mean we get different teams winning too as sometimes one team just consistently dominates.

There is a HCS tab on the storefront which was shown in the flight, however I think this important we can clearly see when the game loads up of the HCS is live, who is playing, updates and maybe a click to watch now option.

I hope this is the route they take. I’ve never really been interested in watching competitive play until Overwatch league came out. Although that dwindle with my interested in Overwatch/Blizzard in general.

I’m actually interested in watching HCS. I’ve not watched Halo competitively before, I’d certainly love to see ways to integrate that into Infinite. I really hopes it takes off.

> 2535440774349632;3:
> I hope this is the route they take. I’ve never really been interested in watching competitive play until Overwatch league came out. Although that dwindle with my interested in Overwatch/Blizzard in general.
>
> I’m actually interested in watching HCS. I’ve not watched Halo competitively before, I’d certainly love to see ways to integrate that into Infinite. I really hopes it takes off.

I think its gonna be huge, go read the esports blogs here on waypoint its sick

As long as E-sports stay with E-sports related stuff and doesn’t force their input and views on the majority of the game. -cough cough halo 5- Then abandon it lol.

I don’t personally watch it much at all, but hey whatever floats peoples boats and gets more people playing. Though it should be like every other title before 343. Their own playlist, and their own updates seperate from the rest of the community. So it doesn’t force a minority view on the majority.

I think seasonal changes to maps and equipment locations might help with the “MLG” playlist if they have one.