Halo infinite aim assist

Anybody else notice that it felt almost(to entirely) nonexistent? Aiming definitely felt less seamless than the past.

Probably cuz a bunch of pc players complained about losing fights against controller players

The lack of aim assist on controller + deadzone drift was laughable. It was impossible to aim at high sensitivity but since the gameplay is a faster than older Halo the preset sensitivity and how sensitive it can be is a joke compared to MCC and even then that’s still not super modern.

It’s definitely still there. A good comparison is CE, but it feels weaker because of strafing speed.

I found the aim assist to be quite competent tbh, sometimes the reticle would completely follow an enemy player, and I found that it completely messes with my aim sometimes

> 2535453262460931;2:
> Probably cuz a bunch of pc players complained about losing fights against controller players

As a PC player I’ve tested both inputs. Controller aim really does feel off and inconsistent. Also is it just me or does it feel like there’s different levels of aim assist based on the weapons used? Overall controller input could definitely use improvements with the aim assist.

The aiming was difficult at first because the dead zones were huge causing micro adjustments to literally not move the reticle at all. Drove me nuts until Saturday when I turned them down to 2.5 and starting frying fools…err my fellow halo players like I never left.

I was heavy on the aim assist requiring improvement but after the dead zone adjustment I’m not so sure. Air not for the cross play against PC players I’d say leav aim assist as it is but there is no contest to be had against a competent PC player at range. If crossplay can be disabled I don’t think any improvement in aim assist is needed.

The sniper was incredibly difficult to use but very fun for the challenge at the same time. Some additional assist on this weapon is probably warranted.

> 2533274805799247;7:
> The aiming was difficult at first because the dead zones were huge causing micro adjustments to literally not move the reticle at all. Drove me nuts until Saturday when I turned them down to 2.5 and starting frying fools…err my fellow halo players like I never left.
>
> I was heavy on the aim assist requiring improvement but after the dead zone adjustment I’m not so sure. Air not for the cross play against PC players I’d say leav aim assist as it is but there is no contest to be had against a competent PC player at range. If crossplay can be disabled I don’t think any improvement in aim assist is needed.
>
> The sniper was incredibly difficult to use but very fun for the challenge at the same time. Some additional assist on this weapon is probably warranted.

I noticed toning down the dead zones helped a lot too. If I remember correctly crossplay can be disabled, and PC players can play with console players using only XBOX controller input lobbies. I believe PC in this mode will be locked out of KB/M usage. There will be an option on which input you want to queue up with and your lobby will be queued according to the lobbies’ input. i.e. if there’s 3 Xbox players using controllers and 1 PC player using KB/M your party will be queued in crossplay (etc. If I can find the article I’ll share it.

I realized that I lost aim assist when I changed to a higher FOV from 78 (default) to 110. I told my cousins who were playing at higher FOVs to try it and we were all doing much better ( we’re all XBOX ONE players and one XBOX ONE X player). I also noticed that when changing to a higher FOV the reticle gets smaller which at first I thought was to accommodate for the higher FOV but when I checked Halo: MCC the reticle was the same size no matter the FOV.

Low AA is fine as long the aiming feels good in general. But the biggest Problem is: Making small adjustements is nearly impossible, the crosshair flying around the screen like a wild bird on crack. It’s not so fun if the controls are the more dangerous enemy than the enemy itself. It’s really incosistent.

After hours in training (for finding out my sense and settings) and watching this video: Halo Infinite AIM Settings FULLY EXPLAINED (Fix Your Aim!) - YouTube
i was able to be really precise and since than i played really good matches, and finally i was happy with my perfomance. BUT sometimes that still happens, if you make a little, tiny stick movement for a little adjustment, the crosshair flies all over the place and this makes me really angry, because sometimes it feels buggy (not AA, but the feeling of the aim).

Sketch already tweetet, that aiming has bugs, i hope 343i fix that problem for launch.

Strafe speed needs to be toned down and AA range needs to be extended for many weapons. Also, recoil is too much.

In any case, I wish they would leave Academy online for longer cause it’s going to take most of us 6 months to figure out the best control settings, and may never get it right, lmao

Tbh I liked it as it is, if you’re looking to put Halo in ESports or just get better at the game over time I’d rather not even have an auto aim or much of any aim assist. Just my opinion but i think it’s a little sad how everyone wants games to be made easy right from the start these days. Thankfully games like Sekiro have come out to counteract this mentality but many players continue to press for easy modes, aim assist and anything else that makes the game a walkthrough. That’s just no fun imo.