Halo Infinite - About the gameplay!

I like the honeycomb effect when you’re powering back up after being hit in Halo Infinite, but I think the guns and the plasma grenades should follow suit to Halo 5!! The way the guns looked and fired in Halo 5 along with the effects from plasma grenades was great! I think the mid-air attack from above should be brought back and the new latching arm spring in Halo Infinite should be gotten rid of! I really liked the way Halo 5 Blue Team was made! But just the Blue Team campaigns from Halo 5! I’m sure a lot of people would agree with this!!

Halo Infinite is said to be a “spiritual reboot” so we’re gonna see some old and new things in the game. That probably means that it won’t be fully based around Halo 5’s gameplay, but could retain some aspects from it. We haven’t seen much else of the gameplay besides the trailer though, so we don’t completely know how all the guns will work either. Personally, I would like to see some things from the previous games and mix them together. If we have all the mechanics (especially mobility) from Halo 5 it’ll basically just feel like a sequel to Halo 5, rather than being the spiritual reboot that it wants to be. We’ll just have to wait until more info on gameplay comes out, I guess!

Also, if you are referring to the “latching arm spring” to the grappling hook, it’s an ability/upgrade that is shown off in the campaign. I don’t think it’s something like sprint or those jet thrusters in Halo 5 which are equipped to everyone at all times, but instead serving as an ability that you might find in multiplayer and be able to use a limited amount of times. If you want it to be removed because of how it’ll affect multiplayer, it’ll be better to wait to see how it will work first in Halo Infinite’s multiplayer.

> 2535473333514874;2:
> Halo Infinite is said to be a “spiritual reboot” so we’re gonna see some old and new things in the game. That probably means that it won’t be fully based around Halo 5’s gameplay, but could retain some aspects from it. We haven’t seen much else of the gameplay besides the trailer though, so we don’t completely know how all the guns will work either. Personally, I would like to see some things from the previous games and mix them together. If we have all the mechanics (especially mobility) from Halo 5 it’ll basically just feel like a sequel to Halo 5, rather than being the spiritual reboot that it wants to be. We’ll just have to wait until more info on gameplay comes out, I guess!
>
> Also, if you are referring to the “latching arm spring” to the grappling hook, it’s an ability/upgrade that is shown off in the campaign. I don’t think it’s something like sprint or those jet thrusters in Halo 5 which are equipped to everyone at all times, but instead serving as an ability that you might find in multiplayer and be able to use a limited amount of times. If you want it to be removed because of how it’ll affect multiplayer, it’ll be better to wait to see how it will work first in Halo Infinite’s multiplayer.

It’s been confirmed that the grapple hook will be a equipment pick up item in multiplayer. Similar to how bubble shield, power drains etc worked in Halo 3.
I think that’s definitely the right move on 343’s part.

> 2533274865778947;3:
> > 2535473333514874;2:
> > Halo Infinite is said to be a “spiritual reboot” so we’re gonna see some old and new things in the game. That probably means that it won’t be fully based around Halo 5’s gameplay, but could retain some aspects from it. We haven’t seen much else of the gameplay besides the trailer though, so we don’t completely know how all the guns will work either. Personally, I would like to see some things from the previous games and mix them together. If we have all the mechanics (especially mobility) from Halo 5 it’ll basically just feel like a sequel to Halo 5, rather than being the spiritual reboot that it wants to be. We’ll just have to wait until more info on gameplay comes out, I guess!
> >
> > Also, if you are referring to the “latching arm spring” to the grappling hook, it’s an ability/upgrade that is shown off in the campaign. I don’t think it’s something like sprint or those jet thrusters in Halo 5 which are equipped to everyone at all times, but instead serving as an ability that you might find in multiplayer and be able to use a limited amount of times. If you want it to be removed because of how it’ll affect multiplayer, it’ll be better to wait to see how it will work first in Halo Infinite’s multiplayer.
>
> It’s been confirmed that the grapple hook will be a equipment pick up item in multiplayer. Similar to how bubble shield, power drains etc worked in Halo 3.
> I think that’s definitely the right move on 343’s part.

That’s not similar as H3 equipment was a neutral item that effected all players equally, the grapple shot only gives the player that picks it up an advantage.

I think 5’s mobility additions might make it across. And to be honest, I quite like being able to clamber up a ledge, and think it would fit quite well in Infinite.

> 2535458188883243;4:
> > 2533274865778947;3:
> > > 2535473333514874;2:
> > > Halo Infinite is said to be a “spiritual reboot” so we’re gonna see some old and new things in the game. That probably means that it won’t be fully based around Halo 5’s gameplay, but could retain some aspects from it. We haven’t seen much else of the gameplay besides the trailer though, so we don’t completely know how all the guns will work either. Personally, I would like to see some things from the previous games and mix them together. If we have all the mechanics (especially mobility) from Halo 5 it’ll basically just feel like a sequel to Halo 5, rather than being the spiritual reboot that it wants to be. We’ll just have to wait until more info on gameplay comes out, I guess!
> > >
> > > Also, if you are referring to the “latching arm spring” to the grappling hook, it’s an ability/upgrade that is shown off in the campaign. I don’t think it’s something like sprint or those jet thrusters in Halo 5 which are equipped to everyone at all times, but instead serving as an ability that you might find in multiplayer and be able to use a limited amount of times. If you want it to be removed because of how it’ll affect multiplayer, it’ll be better to wait to see how it will work first in Halo Infinite’s multiplayer.
> >
> > It’s been confirmed that the grapple hook will be a equipment pick up item in multiplayer. Similar to how bubble shield, power drains etc worked in Halo 3.
> > I think that’s definitely the right move on 343’s part.
>
> That’s not similar as H3 equipment was a neutral item that effected all players equally, the grapple shot only gives the player that picks it up an advantage.

That argument could be used for anything in Halo 3. I could throw a regen field and shoot you across the map from it. It only benefits me.

Equally you could use a grapple hook and just launch yourself off the map. You picking up the equipment isn’t always an advantage.

> 2533274865778947;6:
> > 2535458188883243;4:
> > > 2533274865778947;3:
> > > > 2535473333514874;2:
> > > > Halo Infinite is said to be a “spiritual reboot” so we’re gonna see some old and new things in the game. That probably means that it won’t be fully based around Halo 5’s gameplay, but could retain some aspects from it. We haven’t seen much else of the gameplay besides the trailer though, so we don’t completely know how all the guns will work either. Personally, I would like to see some things from the previous games and mix them together. If we have all the mechanics (especially mobility) from Halo 5 it’ll basically just feel like a sequel to Halo 5, rather than being the spiritual reboot that it wants to be. We’ll just have to wait until more info on gameplay comes out, I guess!
> > > >
> > > > Also, if you are referring to the “latching arm spring” to the grappling hook, it’s an ability/upgrade that is shown off in the campaign. I don’t think it’s something like sprint or those jet thrusters in Halo 5 which are equipped to everyone at all times, but instead serving as an ability that you might find in multiplayer and be able to use a limited amount of times. If you want it to be removed because of how it’ll affect multiplayer, it’ll be better to wait to see how it will work first in Halo Infinite’s multiplayer.
> > >
> > > It’s been confirmed that the grapple hook will be a equipment pick up item in multiplayer. Similar to how bubble shield, power drains etc worked in Halo 3.
> > > I think that’s definitely the right move on 343’s part.
> >
> > That’s not similar as H3 equipment was a neutral item that effected all players equally, the grapple shot only gives the player that picks it up an advantage.
>
> That argument could be used for anything in Halo 3. I could throw a regen field and shoot you across the map from it. It only benefits me.
>
> Equally you could use a grapple hook and just launch yourself off the map. You picking up the equipment isn’t always an advantage.

Or throw a regen field on you and all I have to do is walk in it for benefit, it’s always an advantage as you have more possibilities and ways to destroy enemies. Just becuase YOU threw yourself off the map doesn’t negate the fact that it’s an advantage.

> 2535458188883243;7:
> > 2533274865778947;6:
> > > 2535458188883243;4:
> > > > 2533274865778947;3:
> > > > > 2535473333514874;2:
> > > > > Halo Infinite is said to be a “spiritual reboot” so we’re gonna see some old and new things in the game. That probably means that it won’t be fully based around Halo 5’s gameplay, but could retain some aspects from it. We haven’t seen much else of the gameplay besides the trailer though, so we don’t completely know how all the guns will work either. Personally, I would like to see some things from the previous games and mix them together. If we have all the mechanics (especially mobility) from Halo 5 it’ll basically just feel like a sequel to Halo 5, rather than being the spiritual reboot that it wants to be. We’ll just have to wait until more info on gameplay comes out, I guess!
> > > > >
> > > > > Also, if you are referring to the “latching arm spring” to the grappling hook, it’s an ability/upgrade that is shown off in the campaign. I don’t think it’s something like sprint or those jet thrusters in Halo 5 which are equipped to everyone at all times, but instead serving as an ability that you might find in multiplayer and be able to use a limited amount of times. If you want it to be removed because of how it’ll affect multiplayer, it’ll be better to wait to see how it will work first in Halo Infinite’s multiplayer.
> > > >
> > > > It’s been confirmed that the grapple hook will be a equipment pick up item in multiplayer. Similar to how bubble shield, power drains etc worked in Halo 3.
> > > > I think that’s definitely the right move on 343’s part.
> > >
> > > That’s not similar as H3 equipment was a neutral item that effected all players equally, the grapple shot only gives the player that picks it up an advantage.
> >
> > That argument could be used for anything in Halo 3. I could throw a regen field and shoot you across the map from it. It only benefits me.
> >
> > Equally you could use a grapple hook and just launch yourself off the map. You picking up the equipment isn’t always an advantage.
>
> Or throw a regen field on you and all I have to do is walk in it for benefit, it’s always an advantage as you have more possibilities and ways to destroy enemies. Just becuase YOU threw yourself off the map doesn’t negate the fact that it’s an advantage.

The point of a pickup is to have an advantage. That’s just part of multiplayer.
There would be no point of power ups or pick ups if they didn’t give you an advantage.

All in all I can’t see a grapple hook being super over powered anyway. Might be able to get yourself a better position or hone in on someone a bit quicker but that’s about it really. I doubt it’s going to be anything game breaking

> 2533274865778947;8:
> > 2535458188883243;7:
> > > 2533274865778947;6:
> > > > 2535458188883243;4:
> > > > > 2533274865778947;3:
> > > > > > 2535473333514874;2:
> > > > > > Halo Infinite is said to be a “spiritual reboot” so we’re gonna see some old and new things in the game. That probably means that it won’t be fully based around Halo 5’s gameplay, but could retain some aspects from it. We haven’t seen much else of the gameplay besides the trailer though, so we don’t completely know how all the guns will work either. Personally, I would like to see some things from the previous games and mix them together. If we have all the mechanics (especially mobility) from Halo 5 it’ll basically just feel like a sequel to Halo 5, rather than being the spiritual reboot that it wants to be. We’ll just have to wait until more info on gameplay comes out, I guess!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Also, if you are referring to the “latching arm spring” to the grappling hook, it’s an ability/upgrade that is shown off in the campaign. I don’t think it’s something like sprint or those jet thrusters in Halo 5 which are equipped to everyone at all times, but instead serving as an ability that you might find in multiplayer and be able to use a limited amount of times. If you want it to be removed because of how it’ll affect multiplayer, it’ll be better to wait to see how it will work first in Halo Infinite’s multiplayer.
> > > > >
> > > > > It’s been confirmed that the grapple hook will be a equipment pick up item in multiplayer. Similar to how bubble shield, power drains etc worked in Halo 3.
> > > > > I think that’s definitely the right move on 343’s part.
> > > >
> > > > That’s not similar as H3 equipment was a neutral item that effected all players equally, the grapple shot only gives the player that picks it up an advantage.
> > >
> > > That argument could be used for anything in Halo 3. I could throw a regen field and shoot you across the map from it. It only benefits me.
> > >
> > > Equally you could use a grapple hook and just launch yourself off the map. You picking up the equipment isn’t always an advantage.
> >
> > Or throw a regen field on you and all I have to do is walk in it for benefit, it’s always an advantage as you have more possibilities and ways to destroy enemies. Just becuase YOU threw yourself off the map doesn’t negate the fact that it’s an advantage.
>
> The point of a pickup is to have an advantage. That’s just part of multiplayer.
> There would be no point of power ups or pick ups if they didn’t give you an advantage.
>
> All in all I can’t see a grapple hook being super over powered anyway. Might be able to get yourself a better position or hone in on someone a bit quicker but that’s about it really. I doubt it’s going to be anything game breaking

I didn’t say they shouldn’t give you an advantage, just that the enemy could also get the same benefit if you played your cards wrong, and this meant that equipment was self balancing ( which is incredibly important in an arena shooter ).

The only unknown from the abilities we’ve seen in my book is the grapple hook. I feel like it will make the game feel a tiny bit like Advanced Warfare, where everybody was jumping and dashing in the air like a Dragonball episode. Since though it has a cooldown in the Campaign, it will probably also have one in the MP as a pickup, IF it even exists in MP.

I really like the fact they kept some of 5’s abilities and removed some of the bad ones, the Shoulder Bash being the most BS one, because it rewarded bashing (no pun intended) mindlessly into a room or around a corner, instead of putting you at a disadvantage.

> 2533274944558668;10:
> The only unknown from the abilities we’ve seen in my book is the grapple hook. I feel like it will make the game feel a tiny bit like Advanced Warfare, where everybody was jumping and dashing in the air like a Dragonball episode. Since though it has a cooldown in the Campaign, it will probably also have one in the MP as a pickup, IF it even exists in MP.
>
> I really like the fact they kept some of 5’s abilities and removed some of the bad ones, the Shoulder Bash being the most BS one, because it rewarded bashing (no pun intended) mindlessly into a room or around a corner, instead of putting you at a disadvantage.

Yeah but they kept sprint and watered it down, so now nobody is happy as it’s still in the game as pisses off fans like me but now also pisses off the H5 fans because “it’s too slow!” and sprint is the worst mechanic as it directly makes maps and matches unfun.

> 2535458188883243;11:
> > 2533274944558668;10:
> > The only unknown from the abilities we’ve seen in my book is the grapple hook. I feel like it will make the game feel a tiny bit like Advanced Warfare, where everybody was jumping and dashing in the air like a Dragonball episode. Since though it has a cooldown in the Campaign, it will probably also have one in the MP as a pickup, IF it even exists in MP.
> >
> > I really like the fact they kept some of 5’s abilities and removed some of the bad ones, the Shoulder Bash being the most BS one, because it rewarded bashing (no pun intended) mindlessly into a room or around a corner, instead of putting you at a disadvantage.
>
> Yeah but they kept sprint and watered it down, so now nobody is happy as it’s still in the game as pisses off fans like me but now also pisses off the H5 fans because “it’s too slow!” and sprint is the worst mechanic as it directly makes maps and matches unfun.

Sprint has been a controversial issue since Reach, which I honestly don’t have a discrete opinion on. It does make map design significantly harder, but only a handful FPSs still don’t have sprint nowadays. Most people give Counter Strike as an example, but a game which used to cost €12, is now f2p and can run decently on a cheap PC, can’t be directly compared with Halo. I think Xbox games being released for PC will lead to a player base growth, so we can at least be certainly happy about that.

> 2533274944558668;12:
> > 2535458188883243;11:
> > > 2533274944558668;10:
> > > The only unknown from the abilities we’ve seen in my book is the grapple hook. I feel like it will make the game feel a tiny bit like Advanced Warfare, where everybody was jumping and dashing in the air like a Dragonball episode. Since though it has a cooldown in the Campaign, it will probably also have one in the MP as a pickup, IF it even exists in MP.
> > >
> > > I really like the fact they kept some of 5’s abilities and removed some of the bad ones, the Shoulder Bash being the most BS one, because it rewarded bashing (no pun intended) mindlessly into a room or around a corner, instead of putting you at a disadvantage.
> >
> > Yeah but they kept sprint and watered it down, so now nobody is happy as it’s still in the game as pisses off fans like me but now also pisses off the H5 fans because “it’s too slow!” and sprint is the worst mechanic as it directly makes maps and matches unfun.
>
> Sprint has been a controversial issue since Reach, which I honestly don’t have a discrete opinion on. It does make map design significantly harder, but only a handful FPSs still don’t have sprint nowadays. Most people give Counter Strike as an example, but a game which used to cost €12, is now f2p and can run decently on a cheap PC, can’t be directly compared with Halo. I think Xbox games being released for PC will lead to a player base growth, so we can at least be certainly happy about that.

Who gives a -Yoink- if most shooters have it, the whole point is to be unique not blend into the crowd like Reach, 4 and 5. TF2, CS, Doom don’t have it yet are wildly popular so why can’t Halo?

Doom is a singleplayer-focused game and TF2 and CS are Steam exclusives which are now f2p. If you’re asking for €70, you’ll probably want the game to at least not feel “archaic” to the zoomers who are used to CoD. Sadly, the genre fluctuates between “dumb” trends and Halo has been between a rock and a hard place since Reach.

I like the shield charge up visual as well but it needs to be toned down. It’s too distracting at the moment. I don’t really like the plasma grenade affect, it looks like a giant paintball exploding. I’d like it if it looked like H3. The ability you’re talking about is ground pound and that’s gonna be a hell no from me, at least in MP. Capaign I’d be cool with it. The grapple hook looks dope, coolest thing from the demo in my opinion, I just hope it’s balanced well for MP.