Halo Infinite 4 player split screen

Pushing aside technical limitations, should we have 4 play split screen option in HI or leave at 2?

it would look a bit strange in openworld with split screen, it would be practical but it would lose the essence of the open world

Should we have 4 or leave at 4? What? I assume you mean leave at 2?

If thats the case, then I hope the splitscreen goes up to 4. It’s just one of the important essences of Halo and irl social gaming.

> 2533275020115329;2:
> it would look a bit strange in openworld with split screen, it would be practical but it would lose the essence of the open world

So you prefer no split for open world correct? For the sake of the experince.

> 2533274890014309;3:
> Should we have 4 or leave at 4? What? I assume you mean leave at 2?
>
> If thats the case, then I hope the splitscreen goes up to 4. It’s just one of the important essences of Halo and irl social gaming.

Splitscreen campaign has always been 2 in halo, you needed another xbox to get 4 going.

Splitscreen multiplayer has 4 and should keep 4.

> 2533275020115329;2:
> it would look a bit strange in openworld with split screen, it would be practical but it would lose the essence of the open world

There is no guarantee it’ll be open world. Splitscreen in open world would need leashing or else would likely be extremely taxing on the system if you spread out.

> 2535409827079830;5:
> > 2533274890014309;3:
> > Should we have 4 or leave at 4? What? I assume you mean leave at 2?
> >
> > If thats the case, then I hope the splitscreen goes up to 4. It’s just one of the important essences of Halo and irl social gaming.
>
> Splitscreen campaign has always been 2 in halo, you needed another xbox to get 4 going.
>
> Splitscreen multiplayer has 4 and should keep 4.

Are you adding the system link part to elaborate to newer players since I never claimed otherwise? I only mentioned splitscreen and never sectioned it to campaign.

If thats the case, then fair game. Didn’t think about sectioning or mentioning system link given Im so used to it.

Was never a big fan of splitscreening. Had to do it with my brother when we only had one Xbox. Never again. I wouldn’t be sad to see splitscreen go altogether though I know others would feel differently.

> 2533274879757912;7:
> Was never a big fan of splitscreening. Had to do it with my brother when we only had one Xbox. Never again. I wouldn’t be sad to see splitscreen go altogether though I know others would feel differently.

I’m in agreement, splitscreen is something I personally don’t use, I don’t like. It should be there for those who like it though. It’s not right to exclude fans over personal preferences, as long as I’m not forced to use it I’m ok with it’s inclusion.

> 2592250499819446;8:
> > 2533274879757912;7:
> > Was never a big fan of splitscreening. Had to do it with my brother when we only had one Xbox. Never again. I wouldn’t be sad to see splitscreen go altogether though I know others would feel differently.
>
> I’m in agreement, splitscreen is something I personally don’t use, I don’t like. It should be there for those who like it though. It’s not right to exclude fans over personal preferences, as long as I’m not forced to use it I’m ok with it’s inclusion.

I’m not saying they have to get rid of it, but as a personal opinion, I wouldn’t be sad to see it go. But I know there are others that would miss it greatly because they still share Xbox’s with friends and family while gaming. I just don’t like the experience it brings (limited vision, lowered graphics settings, etc). It absolutely kills my situational awareness because I can’t really see anything. I would much rather go out and spend another $399 or whatever the price is now for another Xbox than splitscreen with someone.

4 player would be great. They said they already have it running but I have a strange suspicion it’s on the next gen xbox. I just can’t see how they could make a game look as good as the engine trailer, 4k/60fps, with even 2 player split screen. Unless performance and visuals are taking a MASSIVE hit and the engine is a miracle maker.

Feel free to use the dedicated thread linked below