Halo in Different Genres?

How would you guys feel if Halo were to seriously branch out into multiple genres? Not counting the platformers or Halo Wars. I’m talking about legitimate, mainline games that have different styles of gameplay like stealth, action, RPG, open-world, etc.

I think bringing Halo into different genres would really help to bolster the franchise and bring it back to the top. Enough of this FPS stuff, start doing a little of everything! With basically every big game nowadays being an FPS, I’m starting to lose interest in video games in general. All of these different franchises seem to be blending together in a slop of mundane sameness. There’s only so much you can do to keep one FPS franchise different from the others, while still bringing new features to keep it from getting stale.

So get out there, Halo! Make an actual stealth game starring ODSTs! Make an RPG set within the Covenant during the Great Schism! Make an action game set on Sanghelios! Tear down that FPS wall!

Thoughts?

Halo MMO/RPG’s have been discussed before, it would be quite interesting if they could pull it off.

> 2603643534586909;2:
> Halo MMO/RPG’s have been discussed before, it would be quite interesting if they could pull it off.

Yeah there’s always some kind of buzz going around. But now that 343 is really working on spreading the Halo universe into different types of media, I think there’s a good chance of them actually taking that step. Especially with the announcement of Halo Online. They definitely seem to have a bigger picture in mind than Bungie ever did.

Agreed. I could see this new genre expansion post-Halo 6.

> 2533274810150284;1:
> How would you guys feel if Halo were to seriously branch out into multiple genres? Not counting the platformers or Halo Wars. I’m talking about legitimate, mainline games that have different styles of gameplay like stealth, action, RPG, open-world, etc.
>
> I think bringing Halo into different genres would really help to bolster the franchise and bring it back to the top. Enough of this FPS stuff, start doing a little of everything! With basically every big game nowadays being an FPS, I’m starting to lose interest in video games in general. All of these different franchises seem to be blending together in a slop of mundane sameness. There’s only so much you can do to keep one FPS franchise different from the others, while still bringing new features to keep it from getting stale.
>
> So get out there, Halo! Make an actual stealth game starring ODSTs! Make an RPG set within the Covenant during the Great Schism! Make an action game set on Sanghelios! Tear down that FPS wall!
>
> Thoughts?

Open-world Halo game on Reach during the Fall Of Reach. You can be a Spartan, ODST, Marine but it is not an RPG. There would be an armory or barracks where you get weapons along with caches and weapons form the dead across Reach. You could also go into space and board ships or defend the orbital stations.
Also not a stealth game about ODST’s but a stealth game about Spartan lll’s and the Headhunters.

> 2533274974597111;5:
> > 2533274810150284;1:
> > How would you guys feel if Halo were to seriously branch out into multiple genres? Not counting the platformers or Halo Wars. I’m talking about legitimate, mainline games that have different styles of gameplay like stealth, action, RPG, open-world, etc.
> >
> > I think bringing Halo into different genres would really help to bolster the franchise and bring it back to the top. Enough of this FPS stuff, start doing a little of everything! With basically every big game nowadays being an FPS, I’m starting to lose interest in video games in general. All of these different franchises seem to be blending together in a slop of mundane sameness. There’s only so much you can do to keep one FPS franchise different from the others, while still bringing new features to keep it from getting stale.
> >
> > So get out there, Halo! Make an actual stealth game starring ODSTs! Make an RPG set within the Covenant during the Great Schism! Make an action game set on Sanghelios! Tear down that FPS wall!
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> Open-world Halo game on Reach during the Fall Of Reach. You can be a Spartan, ODST, Marine but it is not an RPG. There would be an armory or barracks where you get weapons along with caches and weapons form the dead across Reach. You could also go into space and board ships or defend the orbital stations.
> Also not a stealth game about ODST’s but a stealth game about Spartan lll’s and the Headhunters.

I like your Reach idea a lot. Maybe try to pick up some of the shattered pieces of lore left by Bungie’s game as well?

Maybe a good idea for an ODST game would play similarly to Section 8. Huge environments, huge battles, and you pick where to deploy via drop pod after each death. Not just for multiplayer, but campaign too.

> 2533274810150284;6:
> > 2533274974597111;5:
> > > 2533274810150284;1:
> > > How would you guys feel if Halo were to seriously branch out into multiple genres? Not counting the platformers or Halo Wars. I’m talking about legitimate, mainline games that have different styles of gameplay like stealth, action, RPG, open-world, etc.
> > >
> > > I think bringing Halo into different genres would really help to bolster the franchise and bring it back to the top. Enough of this FPS stuff, start doing a little of everything! With basically every big game nowadays being an FPS, I’m starting to lose interest in video games in general. All of these different franchises seem to be blending together in a slop of mundane sameness. There’s only so much you can do to keep one FPS franchise different from the others, while still bringing new features to keep it from getting stale.
> > >
> > > So get out there, Halo! Make an actual stealth game starring ODSTs! Make an RPG set within the Covenant during the Great Schism! Make an action game set on Sanghelios! Tear down that FPS wall!
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> >
> > Open-world Halo game on Reach during the Fall Of Reach. You can be a Spartan, ODST, Marine but it is not an RPG. There would be an armory or barracks where you get weapons along with caches and weapons form the dead across Reach. You could also go into space and board ships or defend the orbital stations.
> > Also not a stealth game about ODST’s but a stealth game about Spartan lll’s and the Headhunters.
>
>
> I like your Reach idea a lot. Maybe try to pick up some of the shattered pieces of lore left by Bungie’s game as well?
>
> Maybe a good idea for an ODST game would play similarly to Section 8. Huge environments, huge battles, and you pick where to deploy via drop pod after each death. Not just for multiplayer, but campaign too.

Haha I thought I was the only one wanting to revisit Reach. Not just it’s fall but the months before with the insurrection. Mopping up the lore would definitely be a good addition. Also shedding more light on the specialized Slll teams Red, Echo, and Gauntlet would be interesting. Honestly I’d want it to re-explore all of the events of Halo Reach as well as Fall Of Reach and the beginning of First Strike. Would you people as Halo fans rather make your own Spartan like in Reach or play as characters from the said books and games. If the former, I would want to be able to create a specific position for your Spartan along with which program it belongs to.

> 2533274974597111;7:
> > 2533274810150284;6:
> > > 2533274974597111;5:
> > > > 2533274810150284;1:
> > > > How would you guys feel if Halo were to seriously branch out into multiple genres? Not counting the platformers or Halo Wars. I’m talking about legitimate, mainline games that have different styles of gameplay like stealth, action, RPG, open-world, etc.
> > > >
> > > > I think bringing Halo into different genres would really help to bolster the franchise and bring it back to the top. Enough of this FPS stuff, start doing a little of everything! With basically every big game nowadays being an FPS, I’m starting to lose interest in video games in general. All of these different franchises seem to be blending together in a slop of mundane sameness. There’s only so much you can do to keep one FPS franchise different from the others, while still bringing new features to keep it from getting stale.
> > > >
> > > > So get out there, Halo! Make an actual stealth game starring ODSTs! Make an RPG set within the Covenant during the Great Schism! Make an action game set on Sanghelios! Tear down that FPS wall!
> > > >
> > > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > >
> > > Open-world Halo game on Reach during the Fall Of Reach. You can be a Spartan, ODST, Marine but it is not an RPG. There would be an armory or barracks where you get weapons along with caches and weapons form the dead across Reach. You could also go into space and board ships or defend the orbital stations.
> > > Also not a stealth game about ODST’s but a stealth game about Spartan lll’s and the Headhunters.
> >
> >
> > I like your Reach idea a lot. Maybe try to pick up some of the shattered pieces of lore left by Bungie’s game as well?
> >
> > Maybe a good idea for an ODST game would play similarly to Section 8. Huge environments, huge battles, and you pick where to deploy via drop pod after each death. Not just for multiplayer, but campaign too.
>
>
> Haha I thought I was the only one wanting to revisit Reach. Not just it’s fall but the months before with the insurrection. Mopping up the lore would definitely be a good addition. Also shedding more light on the specialized Slll teams Red, Echo, and Gauntlet would be interesting. Honestly I’d want it to re-explore all of the events of Halo Reach as well as Fall Of Reach and the beginning of First Strike. Would you people as Halo fans rather make your own Spartan like in Reach or play as characters from the said books and games. If the former, I would want to be able to create a specific position for your Spartan along with which program it belongs to.

Reach definitely deserves a revisit, and like you said, not just the fall either. I would love to be able to create a completely custom character again, but I would also be cool with a more story-driven experience. Reach needs to be done some justice, and soon.

> 2533274810150284;8:
> > 2533274974597111;7:
> > > 2533274810150284;6:
> > > > 2533274974597111;5:
> > > > > 2533274810150284;1:
> > > > > How would you guys feel if Halo were to seriously branch out into multiple genres? Not counting the platformers or Halo Wars. I’m talking about legitimate, mainline games that have different styles of gameplay like stealth, action, RPG, open-world, etc.
> > > > >
> > > > > I think bringing Halo into different genres would really help to bolster the franchise and bring it back to the top. Enough of this FPS stuff, start doing a little of everything! With basically every big game nowadays being an FPS, I’m starting to lose interest in video games in general. All of these different franchises seem to be blending together in a slop of mundane sameness. There’s only so much you can do to keep one FPS franchise different from the others, while still bringing new features to keep it from getting stale.
> > > > >
> > > > > So get out there, Halo! Make an actual stealth game starring ODSTs! Make an RPG set within the Covenant during the Great Schism! Make an action game set on Sanghelios! Tear down that FPS wall!
> > > > >
> > > > > Thoughts?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Open-world Halo game on Reach during the Fall Of Reach. You can be a Spartan, ODST, Marine but it is not an RPG. There would be an armory or barracks where you get weapons along with caches and weapons form the dead across Reach. You could also go into space and board ships or defend the orbital stations.
> > > > Also not a stealth game about ODST’s but a stealth game about Spartan lll’s and the Headhunters.
> > >
> > >
> > > I like your Reach idea a lot. Maybe try to pick up some of the shattered pieces of lore left by Bungie’s game as well?
> > >
> > > Maybe a good idea for an ODST game would play similarly to Section 8. Huge environments, huge battles, and you pick where to deploy via drop pod after each death. Not just for multiplayer, but campaign too.
> >
> >
> > Haha I thought I was the only one wanting to revisit Reach. Not just it’s fall but the months before with the insurrection. Mopping up the lore would definitely be a good addition. Also shedding more light on the specialized Slll teams Red, Echo, and Gauntlet would be interesting. Honestly I’d want it to re-explore all of the events of Halo Reach as well as Fall Of Reach and the beginning of First Strike. Would you people as Halo fans rather make your own Spartan like in Reach or play as characters from the said books and games. If the former, I would want to be able to create a specific position for your Spartan along with which program it belongs to.
>
>
> Reach definitely deserves a revisit, and like you said, not just the fall either. I would love to be able to create a completely custom character again, but I would also be cool with a more story-driven experience. Reach needs to be done some justice, and soon.

I want to go back to reach but this time I want to go in the legitimate history none of your -Yoink- halo reach and yes we need more genes rts mmo rpg squad reliant fps anything halo could work so many genes in it if they weren’t hellbent on making fps games

I like the RPG aspect, and also a Horror game could easily be created in the universe from a Marine’s standpoint as others have mentioned. Either way I’m open for anything.

A halo survival horror game could be cool. like youre a marine on a unsc battle cruiser or some other ship. youre alone on a ship with flood forms, its dark and you only have your helmet light and a pistol with little to no ammo. ik it sounds kinda deadspace meets alien isolation but its just a thought.

Halo Fighting Game?

> 2533274927225285;12:
> Halo Fighting Game?

Nicole-458 (non-canon) was in Dead or Alive.

I’d like to see a Halo horror game where you play as a UNSC Marine fighting in a Covenant ship.

Or, you could be fighting the Flood. That seems a bit more scary.