Halo- How would you make it?

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

It seems after the beta and many trailers and vidocs, we fans seem unsatisfied (I being completely happy with Halo as it is). I’m gonna ponder at why we fans must tear each others throats out over Sprint (Lmao), Spartan Abilities, and other junk people find to complain about (Ex: “Halo looks to much like Blah Blah Blah”). I’m curious how if we fans we’re in 343i’s shoes, how would we make Halo? So let’s all pretend we’re developing the next Halo, how are we gonna make sure that this new installment is gonna be Innovative, fresh for new and old fans, fun, and most importantly of all: making this game worthy of being called ‘Halo’.
And I know what some of you might want (“No Sprint!” “No Spartan Abilities!” “No re-designs!”), I understand everyone has their own opinions, I’m cool if you don’t like sprint or any of the new gimmicks, I mean you aren’t a bad person. But let’s say we remove all of the new stuff, just keep the basics. So after we remove sprinting and spartan abilities and the whatever else, what do we do now? At this stage, our game looks like Halo 3, everyone jogs around instead of sprinting, hip fire and no Smart-Scope, and no spartan abilities, how do we make this new and fun?
Maybe add new maps? Yeah, that might work, let’s try. Ok, we have a roster of 25 new maps! Should we add old ones for nostalgia? Ok! Now we have a map roster, good. Now how about new weapons, Ok! Now we have a good chunk of new weapons!
Now how about campaign? Should we try something new? No…? I see, i forgot that the concept of ‘new’ is somewhat poisoness to this fanbase. Alright Boss, you got it. Make Master Chief kill everything without much character-development… Ok got it!
Alright! Our game is done, and we went under the budget! High-five! Now… Let’s see the reviews…
IGN: 7/10 “Halo 3 re-mastered?”
Game-Informer: 7.5/10 “I thought this was Halo 5, not Halo 3 Re-vamped”
Gamespot: 6.75/10 “Just like the classics…! Only difference is there’s a ‘5’ at the end…”
Fanbase Reviews:
MasterChiefXCortanaXLaskyXPalmer: 10/10 “I LOVE classic Halo! This is pretty just like them, if not, EXACTLY like them!”
XxIWantElitesBackxX: 11/10 “I love this re-mastering of Halo 3! What’s that…? This is Halo 5?!”
Stabby-Sam: 117/10 “I thought this was supposed to be new?”
Bottom line is: Don’t sit there and throw Molotov Cocktails at 343 just because they don’t get on their knees and do everything the fans want. They have requirements to meet, Budgets to keep, and families to feed. So far, they’ve done a fine job wit Halo, if you don’t like it… well that’s what MCC is for.
Josh Holmes: "Ok! Halo 5! WOO-HOO!"

Random Employee: …

Josh Holmes: "What…?"

Random Employee: "When every soldier hears about this… they’re gonna hate us… you know that right?"

Josh Holmes: "…You’re fired"

IF I was the Ceo or maker of halo 5, I would encourage all my employees to make a Halo game using the original formula.( H2 &H3)
Many say Halo needs to evolve, but don’t realize that Halo 3 and the original formula never had a chance to fail or become stale. Halo 3 kept its popularity, and only built upon the foundation which was set from halo 2 and 1, respectively.
Mhalo reach changed the formula, adding armor abilities, bloom, etc… After that the population decreases and people lost interest.
Give the the origninal Halo formula a chance to fail. I’m not saying make a halo 3.5. Halo 5 does not use the original halo formula. It uses the reach and Halo 4 formula. And while Halo 5 will be better than Halo 4, I believe it will flop like halo 4.
The abilities in the game are reminiscent of Spartan abilites. And change gameplay. Notice I said reminiscent. 343 has fooled all of you into thinking this is new halo. When in reality this is not halo, it’s what ever other shooter does. Ask yourself this question " what does halo 5 do that no other shooter does". I can’t think of anything besides Warzone. Which seems to be a cash grab for casuals. ( it’s not out yet so we will see. )
Halo is not evolving. It’s been the same since reach. Wake up.

With Blackjack and Hookers

Well first, I’d start with a deep dish alloy hubcap…

Thread started out with potential then just spiraled downwards into the same old trends before crashing violently with the “that’s what MCC is for” line.

But maybe some proper discussion can arise from the ashes.

There’s too much for me to list this late at night. Essentially I’d take Reach’s competitive settings (NoSprintNoBloom EnhancedSpeed Abilities On-Map ) and make that the foundation for the game (decent blend of competitive and new), while incorporating some of the good ideas Halo 5 brings to the table, such as sliding, the squad system, and visiting Sanghelios. Sandbox design would be pretty minimalist (i.e. not having five different rifles, four different SMG’s, so on). Art Design would be along the lines of Halo 3 and Halo Reach.

> 2533274795070582;2:
> IF I was the Ceo or maker of halo 5, I would encourage all my employees to make a Halo game using the original formula.(copy-and-paste)
> Many say Halo needs to evolve, but don’t realize that Halo 3 and the original formula never had a chance to fail or become stale. Halo 3 kept its popularity, and only built upon the foundation which was set from halo 2 and 1, respectively.
> Mhalo reach changed the formula, adding armor abilities, bloom, etc… After that the population decreases and people lost interest.
> Give the the origninal Halo formula a chance to fail. I’m not saying make a halo 3.5. Halo 5 does not use the original halo formula. It uses the reach and Halo 4 formula. And while Halo 5 will be better than Halo 4, I believe it will flop like halo 4.
> The abilities in the game are reminiscent of Spartan abilites. And change gameplay. Notice I said reminiscent. 343 has fooled all of you into thinking this is new halo. When in reality this is not halo, it’s what ever other shooter does. Ask yourself this question " what does halo 5 do that no other shooter does". I can’t think of anything besides Warzone. Which seems to be a cash grab for casuals (Didn’t know this was Dark Souls, where throwing out the word “Casual” is the norm) . ( it’s not out yet so we will see. )
> Halo is not evolving. It’s been the same since reach. Wake up America, Illumaniti ConFiRmeD

K

So is this thread “Don’t like change? Play MCC” in disguise?

I, and peoplebwho agree with me, want a continuation of what we liked in the original trilogy. I don’t want Halo modernized, I want Halo Classic with added spice. And before anyone comes barging in yelling “Halo X.5” from the top of their lungs, please elaborate how many and what kind of changes are necessary for the game to level up one notch.

My Halo 5?
Base is Halo CE gameplay with improved physics and so forth. Slight increase in base movement speed and slight increase in FoV.

Add

• health packs as equippment, you can have one with you at all times but when it runs out you need to find a new one. Can also be shared with team mates.
    -Multigravitational maps, meaning gravity doesn’t need to be in one direction across the whole map. Play on a mini planet or on the walls inside a doughnut.
    -Zero gravity zones in the multigravitational system. Thrusters propel you where you want to go and the gameplay would be like a space shooter.
    -Evade for spartans on the ground kind of like it is in the new UT, kind of short distance but basically no recharge.
    -Thrust as we have it now in Z-Gravity zones.
    -Walljumping, coming in fast against a wall while in air and then pressing jump would be a walljump in another direction.
    -Utility upgrades, kind of like equipment, AAs and perks in one. You find them on the map, they give you a passive boost and can be used upon it’ll be deactivated while used or be spent so you’ll have to find another.
    -Map hazards and controllabe events. Hazard could be lasers and cobtrollable events could be doors, as examples.

Then I’d add a propee Firefight mode with more intelligent AI that spawns appropriate enemies, larger maps. Side objectives while playing for different rewards like heavy weapons, tanks or friendly AI. Than to it add more modes kind of like how multiplayer work.
-Siege: Defend an outpost
-Recon: Travel the map to different locations
-Assassinate: Kill specific targets.

Campaign would get optional side missions which affect missions further down the road. Destroy a banshee hangar early on and have less or even no banshees in a later mission attacking you. Or choose between a banshee hangar or wraith depot, you could only take one out and what remains will be what you’ll encounter later.

How’s that for a Halo 5?

> 2533274795123910;7:
> So is this thread is “Transformers robots in disguise?”
>
> I, and peoplebwho agree with me, want a continuation of what we liked in the original trilogy. I don’t want Halo modernized (I thought we lived in a modern age?), I want Halo Classic with added spice. And before anyone comes barging in yelling “Halo X.5” from the top of their lungs, please elaborate how many and what kind of changes are necessary for the game to level up one notch.
>
> My Halo 5?
> Base is Halo CE gameplay with improved physics and so forth. Slight increase in base movement speed and slight increase in FoV.
>
> Add
> - health packs as equippment, you can have one with you at all times but when it runs out you need to find a new one. Can also be shared with team mates.
> -Multigravitational maps, meaning gravity doesn’t need to be in one direction across the whole map. Play on a mini planet or on the walls inside a doughnut.
> -Zero gravity zones in the multigravitational system. Thrusters propel you where you want to go and the gameplay would be like a space shooter.
> -Evade for spartans on the ground kind of like it is in the new UT, kind of short distance but basically no recharge.
> -Thrust as we have it now in Z-Gravity zones.
> -Walljumping, coming in fast against a wall while in air and then pressing jump would be a walljump in another direction.
> -Utility upgrades, kind of like equipment, AAs and perks in one. You find them on the map, they give you a passive boost and can be used upon it’ll be deactivated while used or be spent so you’ll have to find another.
> -Map hazards and controllabe events. Hazard could be lasers and cobtrollable events could be doors, as examples.
> (No offense Mr. CEO, no matter what you do. People will never be satisfied, “THIS DOESN’T SOUND LIKE HALO!”)
> Then I’d add a propee Firefight mode with more intelligent AI that spawns appropriate enemies, larger maps. Side objectives while playing for different rewards like heavy weapons, tanks or friendly AI. Than to it add more modes kind of like how multiplayer work.
> -Siege: Defend an outpost
> -Recon: Travel the map to different locations
> -Assassinate: Kill specific targets.
>
> Campaign would get optional side missions which affect missions further down the road. Destroy a banshee hangar early on and have less or even no banshees in a later mission attacking you. Or choose between a banshee hangar or wraith depot, you could only take one out and what remains will be what you’ll encounter later.
>
> How’s that for a Halo 5?

Exactly as they’re doing it. But I’d put a lot of focus on the custom games community, meaning,

• Improved Forge - Better custom game options - Proximity Voice Settings - No more “all Chat” in Infection

> 2533274819302824;5:
> Thread started out with potential then just spiraled downwards into the same old trends before crashing violently with the “that’s what MCC is for” line.
>
> But maybe some proper discussion can arise from the ashes
>
> There’s too much for me to list this late at night. Essentially I’d take Reach’s competitive settings (NoSprintNoBloom EnhancedSpeed Abilities On-Map ) and make that the foundation for the game (decent blend of competitive and new), while incorporating some of the good ideas Halo 5 brings to the table, such as sliding, the squad system, and visiting Sanghelios. Sandbox design would be pretty minimalist (i.e. not having five different rifles, four different SMG’s, so on). Art Design would be along the lines of Halo 3 and Halo Reach.

K

> 2533274819069969;9:
> Exactly as they’re doing it. But I’d put a lot of focus on the custom games community, meaning,
>
>
>
> - Improved Forge
> - Better custom game options
> - Proximity Voice Settings
> - No more “all Chat” in Infection

Finally someone who doesn’t start out with a: “New Halo is bad, old Halo good” crap. Thank. You.

> 2533274819302824;5:
> But maybe some proper discussion can arise from the ashes.

I doubt that its worth it. He clearly showed that he isnt here to Discuss in a respectful way.

I also like the part with IGN rating 7/10 and the fans voting 11/10.
How dare you to make the fans happy and not IGN.

> 2533274818521550;12:
> > 2533274819302824;5:
> > But maybe some proper discussion can arise from the ashes.
>
>
> I doubt that its worth it. He clearly showed that he isnt here to Discuss in a respectful way.
>
> I also like the part with IGN rating 7/10 and the fans voting 11/10.
> How dare you to make the fans happy and not IGN.

I’m done with trying to talk peace, this fanbase is giving me brain tumors