Halo Guardians MMO?

I’ve been playing quite a bit of Destiny lately, getting ready for the Rise of Iron release. Gets me wondering: who else would dig a Halo MMO game? One where you could like follow spartan missions to different planets; buy and upgrade warthogs, etc. Maybe even choose a Spartan or Elite character class? Am I weird, or would a Destiny-meets-Halo kind of MMO be awesome?

I feel like it wouldn’t fit into the established Halo lore by any means. Destiny is awesome and I love it, but I don’t want Halo to turn into it.

Another Halo spin-off that is MMORPG would work. Letting players to choose what species they want will be great.

Halo has the elements to try for a rpg but I don’t see it working

> 2533274808386392;2:
> I feel like it wouldn’t fit into the established Halo lore by any means. Destiny is awesome and I love it, but I don’t want Halo to turn into it.

Ever hear of the Stronghold franchise of games? Where do you think halo wars came from-- seems to jive fine with everybody. I think all the lore is what would make an open-world halo universe fly

> 2535449319621462;5:
> > 2533274808386392;2:
> > I feel like it wouldn’t fit into the established Halo lore by any means. Destiny is awesome and I love it, but I don’t want Halo to turn into it.
>
>
> Ever hear of the Stronghold franchise of games? Where do you think halo wars came from-- seems to jive fine with everybody. I think all the lore is what would make an open-world halo universe fly

Of course I have, I’ve played my fair share of Stronghold games. That being said, Halo Wars stemmed from Age of Empires, since it was developed by Ensemble Studios (who literally created Age of Empires).

And on that note, a Halo RTS always made sense. In the lore, there are huge battles fought by huge forces. It makes sense, it works in Halo. An MMO where a Spartan or Elite goes and travels across the universe to complete quests and acquire loot, however, does not. First of all, traveling from one system to another in Halo takes a long time, and big ships. A small single-person craft could not do it. Plus, there isn’t really the vast social infrastructure to accept and complete quests in Halo either. What, would a Spartan freely roam around, getting stuff for a random Elite on a world, and while doing so happen to find a BR that magically has better stats and abilities than another BR? No, of course not. The Halo universe just isn’t built in a way to accept that. That’s not what Spartans do, and if they did, they would be considered to have gone AWOL like the Chief.

Plus, there was a Halo MMO in development at one point, and thankfully it got canceled. While some of the stuff that was created for it (the Carbine and Brute Shot variants) were cool, a lot of the stuff was plain…bad… So many weird new races, and super over the top MJOLNIR armour that makes 343i’s designs look good. It just didn’t seem like it fit into Halo, and was proof that a Halo MMO should not happen.