Halo Glasslands' Mk. VII armor --> RPG gameplay in Halo 4?

Halo Glasslands’ Mk. VII armor’s most distinguishing feature is its self-repair and self-upgrading feature (based on nanites). While this is interesting fiction, I believe its purpose will also serve to change the gameplay of the series. Its ability to upgrade itself points to an in-campaign ability to upgrade your own capabilities - like an RPG.

Any thoughts on this?
Plausible or no?
Good or bad?

sorry but I disagree… Halo is an FPS not an RPG if I wanted to play and rpg I’d put in skyrim or FFXIII… Not Halo.

Not saying it SHOULD be this way.
Saying that there is a reason 343 introduced the nanites. So you can spend points to upgrade your movement speed, melee strength, health, and decrease recoil (etc.)

This would actually be a good way to explain regenerating health, the nanites, not the RPG elements.

> This would actually be a good way to explain regenerating health, the nanites, not the RPG elements.

That’s biofoam - explained in canon already.

good addition to campaign but multiplayer every player must have the same movement speed/health regen/ jump height. i don’t want that ruining multiplayer like reach’s AAs did

> > This would actually be a good way to explain regenerating health, the nanites, not the RPG elements.
>
> That’s biofoam - explained in canon already.

Ah that’s what it is called, I couldn’t remember if had been explained or not.

I’d prefer weapon upgrades.

Weapon upgrades (not all weapons would have this) would be based on the number of kills you get with the weapon with the increment depending on the number + type of enemy you used them on.

5 Zealots headshotted with sniper rifle = 8/10 increase
10 Elite majors headshotted with the sniper rifle = 6/10 increase
5 Grunts headshotted with the sniper rifle = 2/10 increase

Possible upgrades for sniper:

-reduced recoil
-details while zoomed in (i.e. enemy activity: idle, patrolling, alerted)
-different visions (i.e. heat)
-better anti-infantry bullets

I think it’s more likely that it’s for destructible armor. Shields go down, get shot and pieces of armor are destroyed. Escape/win the fight and while your shields regenerate, so does your armor.

I think what he’s trying to say, is he would like to see something like Deus Ex HR has, and just for the record FPS games can be RPGs, Deus Ex HR is the best game that fits both RPG and FPS.
which I kind of like the idea, to be able to improve some parts of the armor, it’d make some fun coop game play.

> Halo Glasslands’ Mk. VII armor’s most distinguishing feature is its self-repair and self-upgrading feature (based on nanites). While this is interesting fiction, I believe its purpose will also serve to change the gameplay of the series. Its ability to upgrade itself points to an in-campaign ability to upgrade your own capabilities - like an RPG.
>
> Any thoughts on this?
> Plausible or no?
> Good or bad?

The Mk-VII cannot self-upgrade. It can, however, auto-repair itself when the user is in cryo.