Halo Games production Rate Soon like CODs?

Nobody likes having a game release every year. It kills the franchise. Just look at Guitar hero.

(being open minded), I Used to play COD, but Halo will always be my main game. I didnt see the point in buying a game and getting kills and buying map packs, when the NEXT game was not even 4 months away (COD). With halo… they release a new game every 3 years, with reach as an exception.

All the best games have had a new engine every sequel! (debatable).
Half-Life takes 6-8 years
Battlefield took i believe 5 years between 2 and 3, which led to a better game!

Now looking at halo 1, 2, and 3. Nobody expected halo 2, or 3. But when we saw that Halo 2 ending. WE KNEW, and it was exciting :).

The point is… We know theres going to be a halo 4-6 without any excitement or special endings or cliffhangers to surprise us :l. So they could just throw all 3 games out once a year. When Halo 1 or 2 came out. WE had no idea there was going to be a Halo 3… and Neither did bungie! They stated that halo 2 was originally going to be the end. But this new trilogy hasn’t even started yet and we already know that theres going to be 3 games.

It’s like instead of surprising everyone with cliffhangers… they jsut plan it all out.

I seriously hope not. But I’m sure we do not have to worry. I’m sure they will take their time with each installment.

I sure hope not.

They’re not going to. It only feels like one’s being released every year because of ODST and Reach. In all reality, they started work on Halo 4 after Halo 3, not after Reach was released. They’ve been working on this for a healthy amount of time, and based on the Vidocs, they don’t even know what’s in store for Halo 5 other than the story they want to tell. I doubt they’ve even started real development on it yet.

I’m sure 343 will make Halo 4, 5 and 6 to the best of their ability, and won’t rush or risk any chance of their games being of low quality.

Halo 4 has been in the making for 3 1/2 years. 5 is almost surely going to be on the next Gen Xbox. There’s no reason to think that they will roll one out every year. The Map Packs are to quench our thirst for Halo until 5 comes out. It’s not going to be rushed, I’m sure 5 hasn’t even been started yet.

I’m pretty sure that they will allow at least 2 years development time for each game. 343i will not release a game every year. At least I would hope not.

They already said they won’t be doing yearly releases of main games because it doesn’t work for Halo.

The minimum dev cycle I will accept is 3 years for a halo game

When it comes to battlefield, you forgot the Bad Company series that are more related to BF3 then BF2 are, BF2 is bigger, more players, mods, more freedom, better balance (etc). BF3 = BF:BC3 :wink:
Not to mention we’ll see Bf4 between 2013 and 2014, and teh spin off series Medal of Honour in between (yeah, MoH is really BF trying to be CoD these days).

Well, I bet you’re right. MS wants to release a new Halo every 2 years I think. Year 1 = Halo, Year 2 = Gears, Year 3 = Halo etc. Add a few spin offs like ODST or Wars to make the series last a console generation.
Sure, the changes between each game will be smaller but MS will make more money, and that’s all that matters. They’ve already discussed annual releases to counter CoD, and soon it will be present I’m afraid. Really, the changes between Halo 3/Reach and Halo 4 are small at best, and if you look at what is present in other games, it’s even worse. Lack of new features, innovative things that makes Halo unique instead of just another CoD clone.

With the effort they’re putting into Halo 4 and what they’re trying to do with the story and franchise, I highly doubt they would pull a yearly release trilogy on us.

Besides, Halo 5 has been confirmed on the next-gen console, right? This console might not be out in a year. Of course Microsoft would want to use their flagship franchise as a launch title for their new console, but I don’t think they would risk ruining the franchise to do it.

> With the effort they’re putting into Halo 4 and what they’re trying to do with the story and franchise, I highly doubt they would pull a yearly release trilogy on us.
>
> Besides, Halo 5 has been confirmed on the next-gen console, right? This console might not be out in a year. Of course Microsoft would want to use their flagship franchise as a launch title for their new console, but I don’t think they would risk ruining the franchise to do it.

Im not sure about Halo 5,but i think they were looking to put Halo 4 on the next gen.

> When it comes to battlefield, you forgot the Bad Company series that are more related to BF3 then BF2 are, BF2 is bigger, more players, mods, more freedom, better balance (etc). BF3 = BF:BC3 :wink:
> Not to mention we’ll see Bf4 between 2013 and 2014, and teh spin off series Medal of Honour in between (yeah, MoH is really BF trying to be CoD these days).
>
> Well, I bet you’re right. MS wants to release a new Halo every 2 years I think. Year 1 = Halo, Year 2 = Gears, Year 3 = Halo etc. Add a few spin offs like ODST or Wars to make the series last a console generation.
> Sure, the changes between each game will be smaller but MS will make more money, and that’s all that matters. They’ve already discussed annual releases to counter CoD, and soon it will be present I’m afraid. Really, the changes between Halo 3/Reach and Halo 4 are small at best, and if you look at what is present in other games, it’s even worse. Lack of new features, innovative things that makes Halo unique instead of just another CoD clone.

You seem to have forgotten that 343i has put more than 3 years into Halo 4 already.

And can I get a link where they were discussing and confirming yearly releases for Halo to compete with CoD? Because I highly doubt they would do that. They want to make their best Halo game, and as profession developers, they know that can’t do that with a yearly release.

I’m going to be pissed if there’s a halo made every year.

[deleted]

> > With the effort they’re putting into Halo 4 and what they’re trying to do with the story and franchise, I highly doubt they would pull a yearly release trilogy on us.
> >
> > Besides, Halo 5 has been confirmed on the next-gen console, right? This console might not be out in a year. Of course Microsoft would want to use their flagship franchise as a launch title for their new console, but I don’t think they would risk ruining the franchise to do it.
>
> Im not sure about Halo 5,but i think they were looking to put Halo 4 on the next gen.

Well, considering the next gen console will likely have backwards compatability, they will definetly work to get Halo 4 there.

But I heard that they have been recruiting people with experience with a certain graphics technology, rumored to be the one used for the next console. Unless they’re making a spin-off already, I think they’re preparing for Halo 5.

4.5 years actually and 1 whole year of prototyping

They already confirmed that they’re sticking to the three-year development cycle for future Halo games.

Honestly, quality over quantity. I’m sure glad that 343 Industries is sticking to this saying rather than pumping out as many games as possible for quick cash.

Did the guys and girls at 343i say they was looking forward to the next 10 years of Halo?
I think that, and the fact that Halo 4 took them around 3 years to work on, I don’t think they’re going to pull a COD and roll out games every year, if they did, they most likely wont be games of the main Trilogy, but more of side games like ODST was, or like Halo Wars.

I do hope they give us Halo 2 Anniversary. I know some people hate the idea but it is the last Halo game from the original Xbox so it could use a graphics update. I mean the old one already has terrible texture glitches and when played on the 360 is gets image burn from time to time. Terribly in need of an update IMO.

Plus they can add terminals from maybe 2041 Penitent Tangent’s point of view, showing how the Gravemind formed on his Ring and how he got captured. Plus hints and clues to Halo 5. Sounds absolutely amazing to me.