Halo game for Windows Phone 7

A lot of people have wanted a hand held halo game for a long time, and the closest we have is the Waypoint app on Windows Phone 7, but there was the scraped Halo DS prototype that never got taken on, if you want to include it since it showed Halo gameplay on a hand held system. But speaking of Windows Phone 7, if you think about it, it is, in a way, a hand held Xbox, since it does connect to Xbox Live and have its own Xbox Live arcade, which got me thinking, could a Halo game be made exclusively on Windows Phone 7? It would count as the first hand held Halo game, and Windows Phone 7 does have games on there that have pretty good graphics, and it could be sported by the Wapoint app. So, what do you guys think? Should there be a Halo game for Windows Phone 7? As for me, I say yes, but I would imagine not a Halo version of Bejeweled but a canon hand held Halo game.

I’d friggin love it.

Considering the low amount of people who have it, and the fact many prefer ios, android and blackberry i doubt it would get many sales and would be a major loss profit wise.

WP7 is estimated to overtake Android in just a few years, for a mobile platform that had a terrible reputation in the past that’s pretty good.

I very much doubt it would lose money as mobile games are incredibly easy to produce.

I’d absolutely buy it. Who couldn’t use more Halo on the go?!

Grim

Something like this would probably make me buy a WP7.

That would be pretty cool. I doubt it would be enough to make me abandon my beloved Android, but I’m sure it would attract a lot of new customers.

I’m going to buy an Halo WP7 game of course. But the problem is: Windows Phone 7 has no MT. How should you play a shooter, when you can’t use two finger/thumbs. Fortunately Microsoft knows that problem and every WP7 device will have MT with the next update “Mango”. A lot of details of the Mango update are leaked and according these “rumours” the feature of XBox will get a facelift.

Microsoft praised the WP7 as the Xbox portable. The game line-up isn’t really promising right now. WP7 get flooded with iPod Touch games re-releases.(Can’t wait for Plants Vs. Zombies, Hydro Thunder and Sonic :)). We’ve to wait till the E3. It is the 10th Anniversary of Halo and you can make a good mobile phone game with a small budget. So why shouldn’t Microsoft doing it?

> I’m going to buy an Halo WP7 game of course. But the problem is: Windows Phone 7 has no MT. How should you play a shooter, when you can’t use two finger/thumbs. Fortunately Microsoft knows that problem and every WP7 device will have MT with the next update “Mango”. A lot of details of the Mango update are leaked and according these “rumours” the feature of XBox will get a facelift.
>
> Microsoft praised the WP7 as the Xbox portable. The game line-up isn’t really promising right now. WP7 get flooded with iPod Touch games re-releases.(Can’t wait for Plants Vs. Zombies, Hydro Thunder and Sonic :)). We’ve to wait till the E3. It is the 10th Anniversary of Halo and you can make a good mobile phone game with a small budget. So why shouldn’t Microsoft doing it?

But WP7 has had multitouch since launch. Just use the built in map app, or zoom in on a web page, play Earthworm Jim.

Somthing didnt make sense to me, Halo DS.

If Microsoft owns Halo, then Nintendo…?

Its an interesting Idea and I definitly would like to see more mobile Halo’s. Halo 3DS

3d Lo lol?

> Somthing didnt make sense to me, Halo DS.
>
> If Microsoft owns Halo, then Nintendo…?
>
> Its an interesting Idea and I definitly would like to see more mobile Halo’s. Halo 3DS
>
> 3d Lo lol?

Halo DS was never intended to be a real game, it was just a prototype that a developer created to show that it could be done.

i take that back, watch this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmoND4u63fg

> > Somthing didnt make sense to me, Halo DS.
> >
> > If Microsoft owns Halo, then Nintendo…?
> >
> > Its an interesting Idea and I definitly would like to see more mobile Halo’s. Halo 3DS
> >
> > 3d Lo lol?
>
> Halo DS was never intended to be a real game, it was just a prototype that a developer created to show that it could be done.
>
>
> i take that back, watch this vid
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmoND4u63fg

Indeed I have seen it as well, which again is interesting isnt it?

I would love to see them develop a game (possibly in the Halo Wars genre) that would act like the Fable Coin Golf game in that you could earn credits that would sync to your Reach profile. I am actually a little surprised that something like this hasn’t been developed yet. I can’t think of a better way to validate WP7 as the mobile Xbox console then bringing the defining Xbox franchise to the platform (in a form other than the Waypoint app).