Halo for Nintendo Switch a Possibility?

Recently, I’ve been spending a lot of time on my Nintendo Switch, and with the minor (very, very, very) realecess of skin pack one for Minecraft Nintendo Switch edition which included three halo skins, I’ve wondered if 343\Microsoft would ever port one of their older games (eg. Halo CE-4) to the switch. I do realize that this is highly unlikely, as halo is one of, if not Xbox’s biggest franchise. But I’m pretty sure anyone could agree that playing a classic halo game like Halo 2 or 3 on the go would be amazing! Let’s just hope that Microsoft and Nintendo’s relationship grows larger in the future. Maybe then we could see a Halo game for the Switch. Although, if 343 were to make a nintendo switch port, It should be after the release of halo 6, so they can dedicate more time toward that game.

I don’t necessarily think a small throw-in like those Halo-themed Minecraft skins would be enough to warrant a Halo game on the Nintendo Switch.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> I don’t necessarily think a small throw-in like those Halo-themed Minecraft skins would be enough to warrant a Halo game on the Nintendo Y
>
>
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > I don’t necessarily think a small throw-in like those Halo-themed Minecraft skins would be enough to warrant a Halo game on the Nintendo Switch.
>
> Yeah, I’m just keeping my hopes up. A minecraft skin pack is not a very big sign of anything.

It’s so unlikely, it’s borderline impossible. Aside from the obvious hardware limitations that would probably affect Halo 3 and 4, all Halo games rely on a strong multiplayer platform to maximize the fun. Unfortunately, this is one of Ninentendo’s weakpoints. They do have an online service (which they will start charging for in September), but it doesn’t support lobbies, parties, chat, or other features that make Xbox Live great as far as console multiplayer platforms go.

I want 3rd parties to start developing for Switch more, and I expect that to happen now that the Switch has shown itself to be extremely popular. But porting an old Halo game to it is not the kind of 3rd party support I’d like to see. I’d rather Microsoft and Nintendo team up to create something entirely novel for the Switch, Halo-themed or otherwise.

The Halo skins are on the Switch version of Minecraft because MS owns Minecraft now. :slight_smile:

> 2533274817408735;4:
> I’d rather Microsoft and Nintendo team up to create something entirely novel for the Switch, Halo-themed or otherwise.

How about a Metroid+Halo crossover?

> 2533274904158628;6:
> > 2533274817408735;4:
> > I’d rather Microsoft and Nintendo team up to create something entirely novel for the Switch, Halo-themed or otherwise.
>
> How about a Metroid+Halo crossover?

Such things are best left as the headcanon of great artists who continue to live on through their work.

> 2533274904158628;6:
> > 2533274817408735;4:
> > I’d rather Microsoft and Nintendo team up to create something entirely novel for the Switch, Halo-themed or otherwise.
>
> How about a Metroid+Halo crossover?

I would be up for that!
Probably more likely (although I think anything Halo related is very unlikely on the Switch) is John appearing in a version of Super Smash Bros.

Personally, I don’t think we’ll ever see an actual Halo game on a competitor’s console because it seems like Microsoft is finally learning the lesson that exclusives matter, and if you can get your Halo fix on a Nintendo system, well, that’s just another reason not to get an Xbox. Although, just some food for thought, did you know that Bungie toyed with the idea of making a Halo game on the DS? It’s all true!!

> 2533274817408735;7:
> Such things are best left as the headcanon of great artists who continue to live on through their work.

:thinking:

> 2535415966174493;8:
> I would be up for that!
> Probably more likely (although I think anything Halo related is very unlikely on the Switch) is John appearing in a version of Super Smash Bros.

That would be fun too. Maybe his final smash could be a Scorpion tank

> 2533274904158628;9:
> > 2533274817408735;7:
> > Such things are best left as the headcanon of great artists who continue to live on through their work.
>
> :thinking:

You know who Monty Oum was, right?

Doubtful.

Halo is Microsoft-only.

Has been for a while now.

> 2533274817408735;10:
> You know who Monty Oum was, right?

I’d never heard of him, but I googled him just now and apparently he made a video called Haloid? So your post makes more sense to me now. It’s tragic how young he was :confused:

I highly doubt it. halo moving to other consoles brings xbox one step closer to death and microsoft is fully aware of this.

> 2533274904158628;12:
> > 2533274817408735;10:
> > You know who Monty Oum was, right?
>
> I’d never heard of him, but I googled him just now and apparently he made a video called Haloid? So your post makes more sense to me now. It’s tragic how young he was :confused:

I believe he was also Rooster Teeth’s lead animator (or something along those lines) and worked on the Freelancer seasons in RvB and some of the earlier volumes of RWBY.

The closest I see Halo appearing on something Nintendo is through a cameo or just some players cosplaying as Spartans on the message boards. Loved that one Splatoon art that I saw one time that had the squid kids using a SPNKR.

> 2535437652903765;14:
> > 2533274904158628;12:
> > > 2533274817408735;10:
> > > You know who Monty Oum was, right?
> >
> > I’d never heard of him, but I googled him just now and apparently he made a video called Haloid? So your post makes more sense to me now. It’s tragic how young he was :confused:
>
> I believe he was also Rooster Teeth’s lead animator (or something along those lines) and worked on the Freelancer seasons in RvB and some of the earlier volumes of RWBY.

Yes, yes, and almost: he didn’t just work on RWBY, he created it. Even now they’re following the plan he laid out for the series. He also voiced one of the characters, but now that character is voiced by Monty’s brother.

Halo coming to Nintendo is about as likely as Mario coming to Xbox.

It’s never going to happen. The closest they’ll ever get are the Halo Minecraft skins that have been or will be coming out soon

Halo on the go would be amazing but unfortunately thats Microsoft’s domain

Late to the party. But do want to point out that phill Spencer has been quoted saying he wants to end console exclusive gaming.