Halo First Strike does the DMR make an appearance?

When Blue team raids the weapons locker (In Castle Base) and they pick up new rifles that carried less ammo but had auto zoom and more powerful shots are they referring to the DMR?
Or a completely different weapon?
Has their been an official answer on this?

It’s the BR they’re finding. The BR being a new weapon at the time of First Strike has since been retconned.

Where was this confirmed?

I find that odd due to the fact the BR was around back Halo: Contact Harvest. Which was what like over 25 years before Reach or close to it?

> Where was this confirmed?
>
> I find that odd due to the fact the BR was around back Halo: Contact Harvest. Which was what like over 25 years before Reach or close to it?

It’s in the book. And like I said, the BR being a new weapon in 2552 has been retconned (basically, over written) since. However, the BR seen in “Contact Harvest” is a prototype, not the one featured in Halo 2.

> > Where was this confirmed?
> >
> > I find that odd due to the fact the BR was around back Halo: Contact Harvest. Which was what like over 25 years before Reach or close to it?
>
> It’s in the book. And like I said, the BR being a new weapon in 2552 has been retconned (basically, over written) since. However, the BR seen in “Contact Harvest” is a prototype, not the one featured in Halo 2.

A prototype that has been underwraps for 25 years?

The problem with this is that the weapon in First Strike is new and has a similar description to the battle rifle.
Longer then the AR with a scope and both have more of a punch.

Where in the book spefically or in a post from an official source does it say the weapon referred to in First Strike is the BR?
Also where does it say specifically say it is EITHER?

I didn’t see any BR’s in the game when Reach fell. I saw DMR’s.

Even if the BR was a prototype in Contact Harvest.
The Weapon in First Strike was also new.

Yeah I don’t see the BR being referred to as a new weapon on Reach 25 years later. That is well past the prototype stage.

> The problem with this is that the weapon in First Strike is new and has a similar description to the battle rifle.
> Longer then the AR with a scope and both have more of a punch.
>
> Where in the book spefically or in a post from an official source does it say the weapon referred to in First Strike is the BR?
> Also where does it say specifically say it is EITHER?
>
> I didn’t see any BR’s in the game when Reach fell. I saw DMR’s.
>
> Even if the BR was a prototype in Contact Harvest.
> The Weapon in First Strike was also new.
>
> Yeah I don’t see the BR being referred to as a new weapon on Reach 25 years later. That is well past the prototype stage.

The BR would have been on Reach in canon but all the troopers in Reach (the game) were ARMY. And the ARMY are the only branch that use the DMR.

It’s the BR, I’m pretty sure, that’s what I thought when I read it, I believe it said it had a three-round burst, and the reason you used a DMR in the game, Reach, is because you were under command of Colonel Urban Holland who is an Army Colonel, and hence you used the weapons that the Army is issued.

> It’s the BR, I’m pretty sure, that’s what I thought when I read it, I believe it said it had a three-round burst, and the reason you used a DMR in the game, Reach, is because you were under command of Colonel Urban Holland who is an Army Colonel, and hence you used the weapons that the Army is issued.

No it wasn’t. There was an Admiral on Reach also. It would have been a collaboration of the UNSC entrusting the defence of an entire planet to one man would have been idiotic on the UNSC’s part.

Can anyone link an official answer on this topic?
We can speculate all day but if there is no official answer then that is all I need to know.

It’s the Battle Rifle. 3 round bursts didn’t give that away?

Anyways, you primarily used weapons from the UNSC Army armories. That’s why you don’t see weapons like the BR or SMG.

plus the dmr is an old model weapon too.

Where are you guys getting the Army vs Navy weapon differential here?
The UNSC is the UNSC.
Where does it say that is the reason?
Give me a link to an official source.
Otherwise you are just guessing.

Also where does it say the DMR is an old weapon?
Never heard that one.

Please official sources. If you can’t back it up I am not interested.

> Where was this confirmed?
>
> I find that odd due to the fact the BR was around back Halo: Contact Harvest. Which was what like over 25 years before Reach or close to it?

The Battle Rifle in Contact Harvest was experimental and it carried 60 rounds which other BRs don’t.

> > Where was this confirmed?
> >
> > I find that odd due to the fact the BR was around back Halo: Contact Harvest. Which was what like over 25 years before Reach or close to it?
>
> The Battle Rifle in Contact Harvest was experimental and it carried 60 rounds which other BRs don’t.

Okay so what?
How does this prove or disprove the DMR or the BR was referred to in First Strike?

Or for that matter a completely different rifle was being talked about. Do you or anyone else have a LINK to a OFFICIAL ANSWER.

> > > Where was this confirmed?
> > >
> > > I find that odd due to the fact the BR was around back Halo: Contact Harvest. Which was what like over 25 years before Reach or close to it?
> >
> > The Battle Rifle in Contact Harvest was experimental and it carried 60 rounds which other BRs don’t.
>
> Okay so what?
> How does this prove or disprove the DMR or the BR was referred to in First Strike?
>
> Or for that matter a completely different rifle was being talked about. Do you or anyone else have a LINK to a OFFICIAL ANSWER.

Official? It’s common sense. Halo: First Strike was written 7 years before Halo Reach was created and therefore that Weapon existed 7 years before Bungie thought up the DMR. First Strike is the between Halo 2 book and had elements in it which we would see in Halo 2, such as the BR, Brutes and Prophets.

DMR

> > >
> > > I find that odd due to the fact the BR was around back Halo: Contact Harvest. Which was what like over 25 years before Reach or close to it?
> >
> > The Battle Rifle in Contact Harvest was experimental and it carried 60 rounds which other BRs don’t.
>
> Okay so what?
> How does this prove or disprove the DMR or the BR was referred to in First Strike?
>
> Or for that matter a completely different rifle was being talked about. Do you or anyone else have a LINK to a OFFICIAL ANSWER.

I dont wanna be a complete -Yoink-, but…

If its doesnt shoot a single bullet and behaves like a Battle Rifle, then the Spartan’s found themselves some Battle Rifles.

Also FYI, the DMR was an old weapon on the verge of being replaced, if not already being replaced at the time of the attack on Reach, explaining why they would have BRs in the first place.

> > >
> >
> > It’s in the book. And like I said, the BR being a new weapon in 2552 has been retconned (basically, over written) since. However, the BR seen in “Contact Harvest” is a prototype, not the one featured in Halo 2.
>
> A prototype that has been underwraps for 25 years?

Like I said, the fact that it was a new weapon in 2552 has since been retconned, as in, overwritten.

You have too look at these book as the time they were written. First Strike is a bridge between Halo CE and Halo 2, and Eric Nylund, the author, decided to try and explain the introduction of new weapons in Halo 2. Since first strike, this has been overwritten.