Halo Fest Ticket Giveaways?

Let’s be honest. A lot of us really, really love Halo. For some of us, Halo fest would be our heaven. Another dose of honesty: very few of us can afford to go.

My suggestion is for 343 to host weekly contests all summer long, winners receiving flights/hotel/pax 11 tickets. It’d be a great way to build hype for the event, as well as give some of the most Halo-obsessed fans a chance to get out when they otherwise couldn’t.

Contests could range anywhere from art contests/video contests/online tourneys/etc.

Thoughts?

^ That’d be super cool

While that would be awesome, doing that each week would be super costly! Granted with all the money Halo has generated I don’t see why it couldn’t be done.

it would be nice but hard to do, expecially since many dont live near where it will take place.

^

That’s why flight/hotel could be included in the package.

And maybe you’re right, it could get costly to provide that every week. So maybe a few times a month, or just June and July.

Who knows? I just think a give-a-way would be nice.

I’m sure there will be something. I should have won a Reach console last year at PAX but there was this whole 1st in line fiasco that put a sad look on Alison’s face.

But still, they do awesome things, and I’m sure they have tons planned.

I’d say maybe one winner and that would be it. All others must find their way there.

and even IF they did it, it should be random…

> I’d say maybe one winner and that would be it. All others must find their way there.

Lol? Is that out of not wanting others to have nice things or what?

id love to see something like that, i love halo and i was making plans but stuff happened :(.

Odds of this happening are basically 0 but this would be absolutely amazing if this would happen. I wanted to go but I’m your typical college student looking for a job.

I was thinking about this earlier but I don’t see it being more than a one time event. I guess they could do something like one entry per week into a drawing at the end of the summer but only one winner(+1) in the end. To enter you’d have to complete a weekly reach challenge or some other goal to win that weeks chance of entry. More than likely though someone like best buy, gamestop or one of the halo licenses companies might sponsor it like Mcfarlane toys, megabloks or tor books.

Maybe a tour of bungie or 343i , or even a dinner with some halo stars (voice actors, bungie or 343i Higher ups) would be icing on the cake.

Ohh man Id lopve to attend and shoot vids for my youtube channel!

> > I’d say maybe one winner and that would be it. All others must find their way there.
>
> Lol? Is that out of not wanting others to have nice things or what?

Nope, just my input. We all want to win something, but why not make it extra special by only having one winner?

I really wish there could be coverage of Halo Fest on G4 or on Halo Waypoint for all of us who cant go. That would make it a lot better because we could atleast see what is going on.

Would Love it if they did plane tickets for people outside the US

Well the UK xbox magazine is doing a “who’s the largest halo fan contest” on facebook, winner gets a trip to halofest.