Halo fans - who are you?

It’s time to get to know each other. Let’s see how today’s “Halo community” look like. Plase answer few simple questions:
-Yoink!-:
My first competitive videogame: (against other players)
My first FPS:
My first online FPS:
Game that taught me how to play online: (one that most influenced my perception of online gaming)
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: (other than Halos)
Which Halo has best online multiplayer:
…and worst:
Why I like Halo:

I’ll start myself:
-Yoink!-: Male.
My first competitive videogame: Street Fighter 2
My first FPS: Doom.
My first online FPS: Quake.
Game that taught me how to play online: Unreal Tournament - each weapon is good in different situation and stuff like this :wink:
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: Battlefield 3, MW3, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Black Ops 2
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: Probably Halo 4 - gameplay reminds me games of my youth, while fixing almost everything I didn’t like in Halo 3 and Reach.
…and worst: Reach - Armor lock, swordbase, high gravity…
Why I like Halo in general: I have no time for PC gaming and Halo is one of the lasts online console shooters, that isn’t military shooter. And I love sci-fi.

-Yoink!-: M
My first competitive videogame: Dont remember some ps2 game.
My first FPS: SW battlefront 2 (i played some before this like 007, but this would be the one that i played the longest.)
My first online FPS: No clue…
Game that taught me how to play online: Halo 2
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: Boarderlands? does that count and halo 4.
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: Halo 3 actually was a arena shooter
…and worst: halo 4 (shocking i know) no longer has the reasons why i liked to play halo
Why I like Halo: Fair starts and it was all about map control. How well you and your teamates work together to control the map and power weapons dictates how the game goes for you. And it wasnt a classed based shooter relying on gimmicks.

-Yoink!-: Male
My first competitive videogame: Super mario 64, seriously though, soccom for ps2
My first FPS: goldeneye
My first online FPS: soccom for ps2
Game that taught me how to play online: soccom & rainbow six black something
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: reach, battlefield 3
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: the funnest online multiplayer was h3 for me
…and worst: h4
Why I like Halo:
After years of playing I got good at the game, and enjoyed playing competitively. Halo was always about map control, team communication, and always rewarded the better player. Now everyone’s a winner, thers no place for competetive players like myself, and theres no balance, complete and utterly pathetic lack of playlists and poor playlist settings. Hence why this is the worst halo for me.

Something about ME; Medical student who has little time to play, and when i do i like to play competitively with people of equal skill, that’s my only version of fun in the halo franchise.

My first competitive videogame: Halo 3
My first FPS: Halo CE
My first online FPS: Halo 3
Game that taught me how to play online: Halo 3
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: Battlefield 3, Halo 4, Halo 3, L4D2
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: Halo 3
…and worst: Halo 4
Why I like Halo: I USED to like Halo because everyone started out with the same weapons and no one had the upper hand because of rank, if you got beat you felt like you truly got outplayed

ooo this will be fun :smiley:

My first competitive video game: Soul Calibur 2

Favorite Genre of video game: Action Real Time Strategy/Massive online
battle Arena

My First FPS: Golden eye

My first/favorite online FPS: Team Fortress 2

Game that taught me how to play online: Team Fortress 2. If you are not doing your job, your role for the team. Your entire team suffers and no one can carry a team by themselves. Maybe 2 or 3 people can, but a single person is no match by themselves.

What other online FPS I’ve played in the last 6 months: Borderlands 1 & 2, TF2, L4D 2

Which Halo has the best multiplayer: Mmmmm…I’m gonna say 3 for now, but 4 is coming in very close. My best memories of halo are crazy customs.

Worst: Reach. Not because of the game play, but because of that turning blur. I actually vomited once because of it. Needless to say I’m not a fan of reach.

Why I like Halo: I’ve always liked, halo but until Halo 4 I’ve never really been a fan. In the days of Halo 1 & 2 I was not allowed to play M rated games (parents took the rating system very seriously). After missing 1 & 2, when 3 came out I really couldn’t tell the difference and with ODST, and reach I felt Halo was falling into what we chastise CoD for now. Releasing the same game every few years with little to no real featured changes. Halo 4 has slashed that criticism that I’ve had for it. I love the universe, I love that Chief is a person now and cannot be replaced with a robot replica. I thoroughly enjoy the team work needed in Halo 4 that mimics games like TF2, in it’s own unique way.

**-Yoink!-:**Male
**My first competitive videogame:**Would Super Smash Bros. count?
**My first FPS:**Doom 64
**My first online FPS:**Halo Reach, didn’t get XBL until Reach
**Game that taught me how to play online:**Perfect Dark, cause bot matches are fun to play. thats how when I started playign Halo for the first time online, I’ve always landed in the top 3.
**What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months:**Halo Reach, Blops 1 (hated it), Bioshock 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Team Fortress II
**Which Halo has best online multiplayer:**Halo 2
**…and worst:**Halo Reach, the maps are just disgusting not to mention the DMR and Needle Rifle are boring.
**Why I like Halo:**I like Halo for its story, its campaign, the whole Halo universe. I like badass Chief, I like the Arbiter and the Sangheili. The MP is a nice side bonus.

-Yoink!-: <mark>M</mark>
My first competitive videogame: <mark>Age of Empires 3</mark>
My first FPS: <mark>Goldeneye</mark>
My first online FPS: <mark>Counterstrike PC</mark>
Game that taught me how to play online: <mark>Age of Empires 3</mark>
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: <mark>Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3</mark>
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: <mark>Halo 3</mark>
…and worst: <mark>Reach</mark>
Why I like Halo: <mark>Space, Sci Fi, shooter, strategy</mark>

-Yoink!-: <mark>Male.</mark>
My first competitive videogame: <mark>Combat for the Atari</mark>
My first FPS: <mark>Goldeneye</mark>
My first online FPS: <mark>Not sure if Crimson Skies would count as a FPS. If not then Halo 2</mark>
Game that taught me how to play online: <mark>Crimson Skies</mark>
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: <mark>MW3,Black OPS II, a few games of Halo 3.</mark>
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: <mark>Halo 2 mostly because of map quality.</mark>
…and worst: <mark>Reach by a mile.</mark>
Why I like Halo in general: <mark>Was the best arena shooter on a console. Since I grew up using Macs I never got into PC gaming.</mark>

<mark>-Yoink!-:</mark> Yes, please!

<mark>My first competitive videogame:</mark> Halo 3

<mark>My first FPS:</mark> Halo 3

<mark>My first online FPS:</mark> Halo 3

<mark>Game that taught me how to play online:</mark> Halo 3, Reach and Halo Wars

<mark>What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months:</mark> Bioshock series (enjoyed it, but wasn’t happy with the mechanics)

<mark>Which Halo has best online multiplayer:</mark> Tough call, I enjoy (and get irritated) over all of them,the issue is I am not a great multiplayer to begin with

<mark>…and worst:</mark> Again, tough call

Why I like Halo: For me i’ts not just the game, but the entire universe that cam along with it. I only recently got an Xbox, after not playng video games for almost 20 years, on my wife’s insistence. She loves the Big Bang Theory and on that show, Wednesdays were Halo night. She decided she didn’t care for it, I was mesmerized. I wanted to play a game where I could be Corporal Hicks in the film Aliens. Between our two wants, Halo 3 was the first grab. Halo 3 was eye-opening for me,it was like playing in a movie, a movie that could be different every time you played through it. I am not a big FPS gamer, rather I enjoy entertaining stories, so my other favorites are the Batman Arkham series, LA Noire and Dead Space to name a few. But back to Halo, I soon discovered the expanded universe though Waypoint, novels and other games and I was hooked. My Dad was always a trekkie of the original series, in Halo, I had found my Star Trek, as Star Wars and even the newer renditions of Star Trek never truly captured me (that’s not saying they weren’t great sci-fi). But Halo? In the level Cortana when Chief finds Cortana, the screen goes black and Cortana says, “You found me,” I was hooked and always will be.

-Yoink!-: Male, 18
My first competitive videogame: Different Atari games
My first FPS: Turok
My first online FPS: Halo 2
Game that taught me how to play online: Halo 3
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: Halo 4, Reach, CE Anniversary, Crysis 2, MW3, BO Zombies…
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: Halo Reach, because… well, it brought MM into a new direction. And no, I don’t like CoD.
…and worst: Halo 3. Watch me get lynched for saying that.
Why I like Halo: I grew up with Halo. Not only was CE my first Xbox game, but Halo has kept itself distinct from the generic FPS. Halo is wrapped around a huge story universe, and though I have not yet read an entire Halo book, I enjoy what I see of the story anyway. And it’s just an all-around awesome sci-fi arena shooter.

My first competitive videogame: Metroid Prime Hunters
My first FPS: Metroid Prime Hunters
My first online FPS: Metroid Prime Hunters
Game that taught me how to play online: Metroid Prime Hunters
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: Black Ops 2, Modern Warfare 2, Battlefield 3, Halo Reach.
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: Halo Reach (Pre TU, reach was awful and I don’t like the lack of visible ranks. That said it has great DLC, Great playlists and one of the most balanced sandboxes in Halo)
…and worst: Halo 3 (Gameplay was fine, got a bit boring at times and I got masses of lag. Also hated leading my shots. Maps were awful until the DLC came out)
Why I like Halo: It’s a jaw dropping Sci-Fi FPS. Whats not to love?

My first competitive videogame: Super Smash Bros. Melee (oh yes, it is very competitive when I play it :wink: )
My first FPS: Metroid (Idk if that counts, otherwise, star wars battlefront)
My first online FPS: Call of duty 4 (still the best cod imo)
Game that taught me how to play online: halo 3 (my expiriences in halo 3 made me a better fps gamer in general)
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: Bioshock (imo kinda meh, but cool concept)
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: halo 3
…and worst: halo 4 (reach would be second worst. H4 did fix a few of the flaws reach had, but then added like x3 more)
Why I like Halo: I like halo for the lore, the mm, the forge, customs, you name it! :smiley:

To me, halo stands out from other fps’ in the fact that each weapon and vehicle in general has a counter to it, making for some fun and fair gameplay (arena style gameplay). Reach changed this up a bit with AA’s, which is why I didnt like it as much. Halo 4 went overboard with the changes and now I hardly consider it an arena style game. :frowning:

Edit: OP, I wouldnt be surprised if people lied about their age on this poll, just be aware. Anyhow, nice post.

**-Yoink!-:**Male
My first competitive videogame: Smash Bro’s
**My first FPS:**Goldeneye 007 for N64
**My first online FPS:**Halo 2
**Game that taught me how to play online:**Halo 2
**What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months:**BF3, MW2, Halo Reach, Metro 2033, Doom 3 BFG, Marathon.
**Which Halo has best online multiplayer:**Halo 3
…and worst: N/A
**Why I like Halo:**The Haloverse.

-Yoink!-:Male
My first competitive videogame: Tanks on Atri, making my 5 year old brother rage quit was awesome
My first FPS:does Duck Hunt Count? It bloody well should, if not DOOM
My first online FPS:Halo 3, before that I only system linked
Game that taught me how to play online:Guess it has to be Halo 3
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months:CS Source, Crysis 2, Far Cry 3
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: Halo 3, I only have H4 to compare it to
…and worst: well, I liked 3 better
Why I like Halo: Always thought the story was cool, and I can’t play Half Life all the time. However, if I had to choose if they would release Half Life 3 or Halo 5 I will have to go with Half Life 3.

-Yoink!-:M
My first competitive videogame:Starcraft
My first FPS:Pathways into Darkness on old school mac.
My first online FPS:If you don’t count hooking up Halo CE through my computer to play online then Rainbow Six for Xbox.
Game that taught me how to play online:Not sure what you mean by this one. Could be any of the above.
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: Borderlands 2, Bioshock 2, Halo Anniversary, Battlefield 3
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: Really? this is quite subjective. Right now Halo 4, yeah I said it. Last year, Halo Reach. Before that Halo 3. and before those…Halo 2. See how it goes…whichever people are playing. And 4 is good, too early to make any type of call on an “all time list”
…and worst: see above
Why I like Halo: don’t have time to answer this at the moment. But safe to say I like it.

-Yoink!-:
My first competitive videogame: Mario Bros
My first FPS: Doom
My first online FPS: Doom
Game that taught me how to play online: Doom
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: Planetside 2
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: I enjoy halo 4 the most
…and worst: halo 2. The fact that the button glitches were left in alone makes it #1 on the all time worst list
Why I like Halo: It was the first coop FPS game to hit the market, been in love ever since.

-Yoink!-: Only if you’re Female and make the right offer
My first competitive videogame: Pong
My first FPS: doom
My first online FPS: MOHAA
Game that taught me how to play online: Medal of Honor
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: BF3, BL2 Goldeneye Reloaded
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: Three
and worst: Reach
Why I like Halo: Sci-fi, Story

-Yoink!-: Yes please.
My first competitive videogame: Mortal Kombat 2
My first FPS: Doom 95
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: Gotham City Imposters, Black Ops 2, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, Halo Reach, Halo 3.
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: At present Halo 4.
**…and worst:**At present Halo 4.
**Why I like Halo:**The story.

My first competitive videogame: Halo 2!
My first FPS: Halo 2
My first online FPS: Halo 2 lol
Game that taught me how to play online: Again, Halo 2. I got into video games later (about 14)
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: Crysis 2, Bioshock, maybe a little MW2
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: I would have to say Halo 2. First and I had a lot of fun with it
…and worst: This won’t be very popular but I would say Halo 3. Wasn’t enough to keep me interested till they took H2 offline. I would have said Reach but Reach eventually grew on me
Why I like Halo: Split screen multiplayer made Halo for me. Friends would come over and bring a controller or two and we would play Halo 2 for hours on end. Not only the first video game I played, but the first I got pretty decent at. And I like how Halo actually takes skill to play. My friend came over and brought BLOPS2. Did pretty decent. Tried playing my halo 4. Went about 2-14 every game as I laughed. Takes time to get good at Halo… It isn’t just another generic FPS

-Yoink!-: Often
My first competitive videogame: Soul Caliber 2
My first FPS: Halo
What other online FPS I’ve played last 6 months: Just Halo Games.
Which Halo has best online multiplayer: Tough one, Halo 2 is legendary but I think Halo 4 outshines it a little.
…and worst: Reach was fun, but least fun out of 2,3, and 4.
Why I like Halo: The Universe! The Story! Halo is so much more than a game. I was never a fan of military games so most FPS never appealed to me and I never really enjoyed playing them though they were fun. But when I got Halo, it was a beautiful story, only I controlled the main character. It has been that way ever sense.