Halo Fall of Reach animation broken cannon, AGAIN!

So I saw the Fall of Reach animation trailer, I am quite hyped up for it until I started to notice things such as armour changes, In the prologue for halo 4 halo fans everywhere notice that the armour was incorrect in the flash back, and also in the terminals for halo 2 anniversary Jai-006, Fred-104 and Linda-058 all wore Gen 2 armour during event when it didn’t exist yet which was once again not cannon, the GEN 2 armour style did not exist before the end of halo 3 343I need to realise that.

Changing the armour in the fall of reach is the worst place to break cannon, especially when you have released a book describing the armour the Spartans were wearing and its even worse when you make a series of comic books that actually show the armour that they are wearing during the events.

what I’m saying is don’t break the cannon again, some of us halo fans don’t have interest in buying special addition halo games with broken cannon.

They didn’t change the armour stop overreacting, it’s a modern day scene to lead into the story or something like that. You can clearly see the classic armour on them in the trailer when flying towards the covenant ship and in the header of cannon fodder this week.

“Facepalm”

> 2533274846706692;2:
> They didn’t change the armour stop overreacting, it’s a modern day scene to lead into the story or something like that. You can clearly see the classic armour on them in the trailer when flying towards the covenant shop and in the header of cannon fodder this week.

This.

When I clicked on this thread, I expected to see images of broken cannons, such as those used to defend forts/encampments in the past. Please remember that the correct term is ‘Canon’.

Yeah, its a modern day scene.
Also I am not sure if Jai’s armor broke canon as it wasn’t really any particular Gen2 armor that we know of. If you look closely it was more a composite of several variants (particularly Mark V (B)).
As for Fred and Linda, well that was mainly to familiarize players with them. I am also pretty sure they mentioned that they were field testing variants.

It is more than likely that 343 have added little “Bonus Scenes” which link directly into Halo 5 Guardians. As stated above, the old armors are shown in the most recent Cannon Fodder.

I don’t care thaaaaaat much about minor issues like armour, but I’m really not surprised to see Fall of Reach canon broken again. Easiest thing for me to do is just ignore all the changes and continue rereading the original book.

It’s either 1: A retcon with half-baked nanobot write-offs to shut up fans, or 2: There are plenty of Mark IV armor permutations and variants just like every other iteration of Mjolnir armor.