Halo evolved anniversary

Are you kidding me!!! Tell me I mis-read that the campaign co-op is limited to 2 players. My buds and I play the Halo 3, reach and ODST campaign multiple times in 4 player co-op. It’s a blast to go together as a team. In this day of gaming technology as it is, why is it some developers limit player/friend interactions. I realize some game campaign co-op levels are dependent on the plot, but the various halo game campaigns are not tied to a single character. There is no reason why every halo campaign co-op can’t be set to 4 players.

Please consider making the co-op a 4 person player experience. No matter what we’ll still play for the love of the game, but it’s so nice to experience it together.

:wink:

Because the original game only had 2 Player Coop. I assume they just didn’t think it was something necessary to change. 4 people could probably just breeze through anyway, which would take out the fun.

Halo CE was always supposed to be 2Player Co-Op. Changing that would mean changing the base structure of the game. And they said they wouldn’t touch that, remember they even said that the AI was going to be the same, since it wouldn’t be the same Halo experience it was 10 Years ago.

Don’t forget they are using a 10 year old engine, designed for the original Xbox. The engine wasn’t made for 4 players, neither was the amount of AI. If 343 did find a way to add more AI and make 4 players, I think they would have to screw with the engine a lot. I would think it would be pretty laggy, or it would crash a lot. This is exactly what they don’t want to do.

Yes. They’re actually putting a lot of work already with the Firefight mission Installation 04, and the 3D feature. I think it’s fine by me. If you were an even older player, you would realize how bad it was for the Marathon players, that could play up to 8 Players Campaign Co-Op, to have to Play 2P when Halo Came out.

Nitpicking seriously…This is an awesome feature. Be glad they even went this far.

> Nitpicking seriously…This is awesome feature. Be glad they even went this far.

And that’s on Halo CE:A, wonder how good they’ll do on Halo 4…

> > Nitpicking seriously…This is awesome feature. Be glad they even went this far.
>
> And that’s on Halo CE:A, wonder how good they’ll do on Halo 4…

16 players :stuck_out_tongue:
Make a mini army lolz

Hah! i hope so, but i’ll have a lot of fun when people start arguing about how is that canon. It would be crazy xD

The game isn’t built for it and won’t happen even if they wanted to make it 4 person co-op.

> Hah! i hope so, but i’ll have a lot of fun when people start arguing about how is that canon. It would be crazy xD

Its a forerunner world and it has copy machines XP

1. Press Start on copy machine.
  2. Step into it.
  3. let machine scan you.
  4. Step out of machine.
  5. Press ‘Copy’.
  6. Wait
  7. Watch as copys step out of machine.
  8. Have a party.

> > > Nitpicking seriously…This is awesome feature. Be glad they even went this far.
> >
> > And that’s on Halo CE:A, wonder how good they’ll do on Halo 4…
>
> 16 players :stuck_out_tongue:
> Make a mini army lolz

I hope Halo 4 supports 50 vs. 50 Big Team battles. That would be sweet.

Could you imagine the lag? And how many people would quit out? They’d need dedicated servers and a quick in-n-out system like CoD’s.

It has already been stated that CE was a 2 player campaign. Nuff said.

> > > > Nitpicking seriously…This is awesome feature. Be glad they even went this far.
> > >
> > > And that’s on Halo CE:A, wonder how good they’ll do on Halo 4…
> >
> > 16 players :stuck_out_tongue:
> > Make a mini army lolz
>
> I hope Halo 4 supports 50 vs. 50 Big Team battles. That would be sweet.
>
> Could you imagine the lag? And how many people would quit out? They’d need dedicated servers and a quick in-n-out system like CoD’s.

I can’t so much imagine 50 v 50 but I’d love to have more tan 8 v 8. Maybe 16 v 16? God I’d love that. I do hate the amount of people who quit every game though. A drop in drop out system similar to CoD would be nice, I agree.

> > > > Nitpicking seriously…This is awesome feature. Be glad they even went this far.
> > >
> > > And that’s on Halo CE:A, wonder how good they’ll do on Halo 4…
> >
> > 16 players :stuck_out_tongue:
> > Make a mini army lolz
>
> I hope Halo 4 supports 50 vs. 50 Big Team battles. That would be sweet.
>
> Could you imagine the lag? And how many people would quit out? They’d need dedicated servers and a quick in-n-out system like CoD’s.

Halo 4 will only support 16 player games.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/titles/halo4

> > > > > Nitpicking seriously…This is awesome feature. Be glad they even went this far.
> > > >
> > > > And that’s on Halo CE:A, wonder how good they’ll do on Halo 4…
> > >
> > > 16 players :stuck_out_tongue:
> > > Make a mini army lolz
> >
> > I hope Halo 4 supports 50 vs. 50 Big Team battles. That would be sweet.
> >
> > Could you imagine the lag? And how many people would quit out? They’d need dedicated servers and a quick in-n-out system like CoD’s.
>
> Halo 4 will only support 16 player games.
>
> http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/titles/halo4

Ah, I just love seeing the world of Console Multiplayer moving forward! Oh wait… Still only 16 players? And most playlists will most likely remain 8 players…

Is 24 or 32 players really too much to ask? I know consoles don’t run the games on dedicated servers but lets on of the players be the host but so did MW2 on PC and it still had at least 24 player games. I suppose some games support 24 on consoles too and there is some PS3 game with a lot of players per match but still, the average needs to go up!