Halo Evolutions Vol. 1

Saw the new Evolutions today, don’t know if there’s a release date, but there’s no sale date, meaning when a store gets the book it can be sold. It’s mass market size (small paperback), and has new artwork, and only has one new short story at the beginning. I may pick it up, but it’s really not much. The rest of the stories, which I think there were only like 6, are in the original Evolutions print. I was hoping for a bit more new content.

Great buy if you haven’t picked up the first release, because this and the 2nd volume to come out will get you all the stories of the original plus a couple.

> Saw the new Evolutions today, don’t know if there’s a release date, but there’s no sale date, meaning when a store gets the book it can be sold. It’s mass market size (small paperback), and has new artwork, and only has one new short story at the beginning. I may pick it up, but it’s really not much. The rest of the stories, which I think there were only like 6, are in the original Evolutions print. I was hoping for a bit more new content.
>
> Great buy if you haven’t picked up the first release, because this and the 2nd volume to come out will get you all the stories of the original plus a couple.

I still need evolutions… When is the second volume going to come out?

On a side note would be cool if I could write a canon halo story hehe.

Seems Vol 2 is scheduled for November.

It breaks down like this:

Old Evolutions: Stories, artwork

New Evolutions 1 & 2: Same stories, plus some new (1 currently, we’ll see what happens with Vol.2), different artwork.

What was the new story about?

Grim

A Forerunner painter, it seems the story is incomplete though, perhaps to be continued in the next book, but I don’t want to drop any spoilers.

Oh, I was just posting about this at HBO…

Had to go and grab a couple of copies today once I found out it was out - very cool seeing my name in the contents section next to such great authors and artists! Fun day.

> A Forerunner painter, it seems the story is incomplete though, perhaps to be continued in the next book, but I don’t want to drop any spoilers.

It’s short… but sweet. :slight_smile:

No author is listed either… but I’d take a wild guess that it might be Greg Bear starting to plant the seeds for Cryptum.

By the way, Evolutions 2 is scheduled for November 30, Cryptum is set for January 4.

And don’t forget the reissue of First Strike, out the 21st of December if I’m not mistaken… :wink:

Looking forward to THAT adjunct content!

Grim

Just picked up Evolutions 1 and the new The Flood, got a Books a Million gift card for my birthday. I think The Flood is certainly better than the Fall of Reach (not book wise, but in terms of the re-release). The Flood’s adjunct is much better than Reach.

Evolutions, as I said, has one new story at the beginning, good one.

I don’t really get why they’re practically just re-releasing a new book as Halo: Evolutions. It’s published by TOR if I remember correctly, so what’s the non-money-milking answer? Or even, a logical answer? I’m not going to buy another Evolutions for a single new piece of fiction and some new art work. I don’t read books for the art, after all. Not that the art is in any way bad, but I don’t care much for it in a novel.

> I don’t really get why they’re practically just re-releasing a new book as Halo: Evolutions. It’s published by TOR if I remember correctly, so what’s the non-money-milking answer? Or even, a logical answer? I’m not going to buy another Evolutions for a single new piece of fiction and some new art work. I don’t read books for the art, after all. Not that the art is in any way bad, but I don’t care much for it in a novel.

I don’t have evolutions yet.

> > I don’t really get why they’re practically just re-releasing a new book as Halo: Evolutions. It’s published by TOR if I remember correctly, so what’s the non-money-milking answer? Or even, a logical answer? I’m not going to buy another Evolutions for a single new piece of fiction and some new art work. I don’t read books for the art, after all. Not that the art is in any way bad, but I don’t care much for it in a novel.
>
> I don’t have evolutions yet.

Sure, then you buy the new Evolutions, but I’m asking why they have to remake it at all? Why not include the new artwork and single new piece of fiction in the Evo 2, rather than bash a novel that has existed for like, 18 months?

My best guess is it’s the easiest way to put it into a mass market size. The trade version was pretty huge.

That was what I was thinking as well. Otherwise it might have been a cube. Which would have been cool now that I’m thinking about it… :wink:

Grim

Bought the german version of Evolution two months ago. Now I’m really thinking about to buy Vol. 1 or Vol. 2. There is no chance that the extra stories will publish online, right?

I would imagine probably not :frowning:

Grim

Was a little late buying Evolutions. Only got Vol 1 at the moment but I thoroughly enjoyed all the short stories in it. None of the stories bored me. They all drew me in and kept me glued to the book. Probably the fastest I’ve read a Halo novel (read the 1st six up to this point).

I already have the original Evolutions. Would you guys say that its worth it to sell that and get Volume 1 and 2?

What are the two new stories?

“Soma the Painter” (a Forerunner story) in Evo:v1, and “The Wages of Sin” (a final account by a Prophet on High Charity as it is overtaken by The Flood) in Evo:v2. Both very good. TWoS I found particularly interesting, and it’s actually a decent sized-tale as well.

Grim