Halo Escalation 10 (Spoilers)

Have you seen this?! Crazy! What’s going to happen in Halo 5 now?

Halo Escalation 10

HOLY -Yoink- HOLY -Yoink- HOLY -Yoink-.

Man, that was epic. I mean, I’d have preferred to play it, but… damn.

We need a new villain, for one thing. And Chief is confirmed rogue. That’s a few theories confirmed already.

I really hope 343 will make this as an intro cutscene for Halo 5, because there is really important stuff going on to said it mildly xD

EDIT: Could it be possible that the new added outro cutscene in Halo TMCC is Escalation 1 - 6 and Halo 5’s intro cutscene will be 7 - ? (I don’t know how many issues there are)?

RE-EDIT: I just realized that “The next 72 hours” was only in issue 8, 9 and 10

What a total waste of a great character…

> What a total waste of a great character…

I think there’s a reason why the word “contained” is used.

Look at my post about the Didact surviving…

> > What a total waste of a great character…
>
> I think there’s a reason why the word “contained” is used.

What does “contained” actually mean? I am so furious because they fumbled ever conceivable way to handle the Didact’s death…

If you don’t see a body from where you’re at you can’t jump to conclusions.

> If you don’t see a body from where you’re at you can’t jump to conclusions.

I’d think that the Didact would have a lot of trouble surviving this happening to him.

> > If you don’t see a body from where you’re at you can’t jump to conclusions.
>
> I’d think that the Didact would have a lot of trouble surviving this happening to him.

Pshh, that’s how he takes a shower.

> HOLY Yoink! HOLY Yoink! HOLY Yoink!.
>
> Man, that was epic. I mean, I’d have preferred to play it, but… damn.
>
> We need a new villain, for one thing. And Chief is confirmed rogue. That’s a few theories confirmed already.

Didact isnt dead, just contained :wink: Also, Cheif isnt rogue. He still works for the UNSC.

The Halo universe has exploded over the last few years with so much new fiction, it’s daunting. I remember when you just had Reach, The Flood, and First Strike. I’ve fallen off reading the books and have a hard time keeping up with the writers. I wonder if the game designers are too. I know that Halo is under new management but I remember a long time ago, when addressing a question about canonical inconsistencies, Bungie basically said that it was their game’s story and they could, in effect, pick and chose what is canon.

I would imagine anything Halo related would have to be vetted by Microsoft and 343 first. But even with that said, it seems there are multiple independent minds writing stories in parallel to each other. Like a three-headed beast fighting over a piece of meat, this game feels like it’s being ripped in different directions. I wish the game would regain the lead in this and leave the books to fill in the details.