Halo doesn't feel like Halo anymore

Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy and like Halo 5!
There is just some things I want to say.
Now as the full game is out I just want to say that the multiplayer is addictive, it’s really cool to have so much customazation and stuff to do but all the re-skins of classic Halo weapons and spartan abilities just takes away Halos charm.
It’s like, they’re changing, throwing away what made Halo, Halo!
Warzone firefight was cool and great, but it was total different than the original. It doesn’t feel like Firefight at all.
If 343I is going down this road, please, just name Halo 6 for Halo 6: Call of Duty.
The REQs is fun and all but that takes away Halos original charm totally, when the game shows you all objectives and REQ stations around the map, it just makes you feel like a useless child who can’t fix anything for himeself. Like, do you need to show me every REQ station around the map?
A true Halo player would play the maps over and over again to notice where everything is without all the markings.
The half-heart made campaign takes away Halos charm. Where did the spectacular campaigns go? Where? Please, tell me. Take notes 343I of what the community are screaming at you, don’t ignore the community. If you want to keep the community alive, listen!
Halo 6 needs all original Halo weapons.
Halo 6 needs the brutes and drones added back.
Halo 6 needs playable elites and a falcon.
Stop putting your own priorities in the game, listen to what the community wants, add that to the game before you add something like the Wasp. The community begged for a falcon but you just throwed a wasp in our faces. You took away splitscreen, something that made a mark in many people. People grew up playing splitscreen on Halo. You took that away, you took away Halo and replaced it with Halo Duty!
I’m so disapointed. Halo 5 is addictive, but I don’t think I will buy Halo 6 if it’s not brutes in it, or classic Halo weapons.

Dramatically rolls eyes

Feels like Halo has progressed to me…

You played Halo since the beta you should knows already why there is no splitscreeen and playable elites.
Warzone firefight has more req stations than regular Warzone so its really helpful to see their locations, and you only see them when you’re within 15 metres so its done in such a way that its non- intrusive to gameplay.
Halo 5 has gone free to play and they need to see these req stations I’m pretty sure they haven’t played the maps long enough to know where everything are so you’re point about true Halo players are mute.
The only ‘original weapon’ Halo needs to add is the sentinel beam. Other weapons like the grenade launcher, focus rifle have overlapping niche’s with the current sandbox of weapons.
Drones and brutes would be nice to see again but I wouldn’t be surprised if drones aren’t added as lore wise they happily left the covenant for their home world and the brutes are sorting out their own problems and returning to the covenant is not a huge priority for them.
We don’t need the Falcon in Halo’s current sandbox, and the community didn’t ask for a falcon, they asked for a UNSC vehicle and the Hawk from Halo Wars 1 was the most logical choice for Big Team Battle and Warzone. 343 industries gave us essentially a lighter version of the AV-14 Hawk which is the AV-49 Wasp.
We’re happy about the Wasp and enjoy Halo and understand some of the things that needed to be removed to make Halo 5 a great game.
You OP on the other hand don’t represent the community nor the voice of it and its clearly just your opinion if you think Halo 5 is Halo of Duty.
You are out of touch and you shouldn’t be insulting mechanics that are put into the game to help new players.

> 2533274874690673;1:
> Halo 6 needs drones added back.

…how can anyone take you seriously?

Said it before and will say it again which Halo didn’t make changes to weapons, playlist, and mechanics… oh yeah every Halo came with changes as I am sure H6 will and which ever other Halo games get released. H5 has just the right amount to old school touches with being able to use weapons from previous games.

As a Halo fanboy since '02, I couldn’t be happier with how 343 has handled the franchise. Games will progress, but the heart of Halo (whether it be the storyline, the multi player, or the gaming community) is as strong as it ever has been.

M’kay. I could exhaustively list everything about the previous titles which were drastically different than the prior installment, but I feel like your nostalgia glasses would deflect them. Equipment in Halo 3 and Armor Abilities, weapon replacements (BR to DMR, Beam Rifle to Focus Rifle, etc) and health in Halo Reach immediately spring to mind.

I mean seriously, why are you talking about REQs being against the spirit of Halo multiplayer when Warzone and Arena are separate parts of the game? Play Arena if you don’t like REQs, it’s not that hard.

> 2533275008489126;2:
> Dramatically rolls eyes

nice argument you got there

ummm i think silver packs should be $1,00

yup H2/3 ruined that classic feeling you only get from HCE

> 2533274873580796;3:
> Feels like Halo has progressed to me…

Yeah.

Well considering they are adding classic halo items back in, it is clear they know we like the classic art style better than the new one. E.g, IMO, the new beam rifle looks like a human weapon out of a futuristic game such as mass effect, and not an alien weapon, whereas the classic beam rifle looks very alien in comparison.

Also, they cannot add the Hawk, it makes no logical sense, as from memory, the Hawk is no longer used due to some sort of overheating issue with the thrusters (lore wise) and in my mind, were replaced by later VTOLS. Falcons were not great in reach, they would get shot down so quickly in BTB matches especially. If they added the pilot controlled gun to it, then it would be the perfect team vehicles.

Halo 5 would have been great if all of this update content was here day 1, and the campaign wasn’t so falsely advertised. Other than that my main issues are with the UI design, unresponsiveness (req system takes a while to update after a match is over), lobbies are crap, and the req system I strongly dislike in terms of unlocking the armour you want. I’ve unlocked 4 mythic armours which I don’t really want (I’m after Mark IV and Mark V alpha, I got Wrath and intruder) why can’t I just chose which mythic armours I get?

All this being said, it still feels like halo to me, it’s just missing a lot. Music and Story being the key points, and in terms of gameplay, it’s been diluted but the core is still there. Can it be better? Most definitely.

You came to wrong place to state this fact. Most people here didn’t even like the original Halo and like the fast paced FPS with RNG unlocks. The old fan base has left a while ago.

That’s odd, I think Halo 5 has the best Halo game play to date. Not the best progression/vehicle system, but definitely the best pure game play.

> 2533274874690673;1:
> Halo 6 needs all original Halo weapons.
> Halo 6 needs the brutes and drones added back.
> Halo 6 needs playable elites and a falcon.

Ok so you did a lot of ranting but now let me ask you what counts as an “Original” halo weapon? Halo CE had 8 usable weapons and apart from the Plasma Rifle (replaced by the Storm Rifle) the are all accounted for likewise with the exception of the Sentinel Beam and Brute Shot (the only 2 weapons that should return IMO) all the Halo 2 weapons are in the game.

Brutes and Drones would be good but Iet’s see some new stuff like the Sharquoi.

Playable elites were a pain to balance for, poor attempts at balancing resulted in Halo 2 and 3s small and hunched elites, the Halo Reach system was alright. As for the falcon, that vehicle was pretty generic, appeared in 1 Halo game and was a flying triple kill.

this guy said bring back drones. Wow.

Yeah I miss the days of CE and H2. H3 made me have a small break from the series, so no thanks to that. Well I enjoy H5 atleast.

> 2533274967369999;4:
> You played Halo since the beta you should knows already why there is no splitscreeen and playable elites.
> Warzone firefight has more req stations than regular Warzone so its really helpful to see their locations, and you only see them when you’re within 15 metres so its done in such a way that its non- intrusive to gameplay.
> Halo 5 has gone free to play and they need to see these req stations I’m pretty sure they haven’t played the maps long enough to know where everything are so you’re point about true Halo players are mute.
> The only ‘original weapon’ Halo needs to add is the sentinel beam. Other weapons like the grenade launcher, focus rifle have overlapping niche’s with the current sandbox of weapons.
> Drones and brutes would be nice to see again but I wouldn’t be surprised if drones aren’t added as lore wise they happily left the covenant for their home world and the brutes are sorting out their own problems and returning to the covenant is not a huge priority for them.
> We don’t need the Falcon in Halo’s current sandbox, and the community didn’t ask for a falcon, they asked for a UNSC vehicle and the Hawk from Halo Wars 1 was the most logical choice for Big Team Battle and Warzone. 343 industries gave us essentially a lighter version of the AV-14 Hawk which is the AV-49 Wasp.
> We’re happy about the Wasp and enjoy Halo and understand some of the things that needed to be removed to make Halo 5 a great game.
> You OP on the other hand don’t represent the community nor the voice of it and its clearly just your opinion if you think Halo 5 is Halo of Duty.
> You are out of touch and you shouldn’t be insulting mechanics that are put into the game to help new players.

Yeah, I know why splitscreen wasn’t there from the beginning. I don’t represent the community, I represent me, but I like to talk. I don’t think anyone got my point right. 343I put game mechanics from other realistic games in Halo. As I have played COD aside Halo, when I switch between Black Ops 3 and Halo 5, the difference between the game mechanics? Oh man, dat ain’t huge. I havn’t played Halo since the beta, I have played since Halo CE, and I know that Halo has become some wannabe mainstream game. Spartan charge and ground pound is cool tho, and the game has progressed. The Halo feeling, nope, that ain’t there. When classic Halo -Yoink- drops in, yeah, the Halo feels come back.

Everyone has a different unique opinion on what Halo feels like, there is no right or wrong solution to be honest.