Halo does not need sprint

I think out of all the aa’s sprint is the worst. It seems so unatural to have sprint in a halo game. Halo 2’s speed was pretty good and halo 3 mlg speed was good too. Just bring the speed back to halo 2 or maybe a little faster. Sprint slows gameplay and I think we all know that. It also takes away from the skill of being able to make sick plays and jumps around the map. Go watch or play halo 2 and the movement felt so free. It was smooth and I miss that. Halo is a unique game and halo 4 does not need sprint. Everyone says halo will die if it doesn’t have aa’s and reach qualitys…uh i’m calling bs on that people. Halo 4 will thrive if it goes back to a halo 2 style gameplay with slightly new additions. Thankyou.

I kind of agree, but for campaign, sprinting does help for speed runs, but in MP it should stay out.

Halo needs sprint.

The trilogy campaigns were fine without sprint as well. To have sprint in one thing and not the other would be dumb. I vote no on both.

I dont think the game will die without AAs. However, of all the AAs to eliminate, why sprint? I dont really think you can argue that a speed ability slows gmaeplay. I think it actually helps, particularly on larger maps.

But again, with all the other targets to eliminate like Hologram or Armor Lock, why eliminate one of the most popular and useful ones?

Yeah, Halo 2 felt the most fluid out of every Halo game. Halo doesn’t AA’s or Equipment. Those features just breaks Halo’s blissful simplicity, adding random, chaotic factors and lowering the skill gap.

It does however need to go back to it’s (CE/2) roots that we love. But hopefully without getting put in hands of some overzealous designer(s) otherwise we’ll get the CE/Shadowrun mess that was Reach.

If it can take Halo 2’s core and build upon that it would be a success. Well… It could just take Halo 2’s gameplay entirely and it would be a success.

Halo used to be an unique FPS. Features like Sprint turn it into one of many games. It needs it’s fast pace that originally made it such a phenomenon.

> Halo needs sprint.

And why is that? So you can run away when you are one shot? and we can chase eachother around the map?

> > Halo needs sprint.
>
> And why is that? So you can run away when you are one shot? and we can chase eachother around the map?

Don’t forget about the skill-less Spint + Beatdown many players use.

If halo 2 went back online today for xbox live, I bet a ton of people would be playing it. It is an incredible game online.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Plus maps are alot bigger now to accomodate sprinting and other AA’s which makes maps less diverse and alot larger than H3 for example. So yuo can therefore deduce if we have H3 or H2 movement speed and the same maps sizes as those games, sprinting is no longer needed. I liked Halo because their was no sprint. Sprinting worksi n games like COD were one shot to the toe kills oyu, but in a game like Halo that has long kill times it becomes a noobs escape from deatth. I liked Halo without sprint more because it was the closest game we had to Doom,Quake,UT the classic and if I may say Best FPS Games around! (Until Halo came out of course)

What confuses me is when I’ve asked people why they want sprint, it’s because they don’t run fast enough. So why not just increase the run speed as a whole? Sprint feels cheap and gimmicky to me because it allows people to easily run away from fights, whereas when everyone can run at the same speed you can’t just sprint off in the middle of a fight, you can dodge behind something for a few seconds but eventually you’re going to need to face your opponent again, there is no running away.

Not to mention how it increases the already overpowered melee attack by allowing you to just sprint in front of your enemy, not fire a single bullet and kill them easily. I remember when you needed skill to be a proficient melee user. I think I’m one of the few who actually liked no bleed-through since it stopped the irritating spray assault rifle and mash the B button play style that was dominant in Halo 3, but with sprint it somewhat killed it because it eliminated the spraying part and changed to holding down LB and mashing B, which is what I believe made people want bleed-through back because at least then their shots counted for something.

tl;dr Sprint leads to cheap gameplay and it’s better to just increase run speed.

What’s the issue if everyone has sprint? If someone runs away, you chase them. You’re going at the same speed, so they aren’t really going to lose you. But it does speed up gameplay by helping people who spawn out of the action get into the fight faster. I think Sprint should come back as a universal ability like every other game instead of something that’s selectable. Hell, let us shoot while sprinting. Problem solved.

> Plus maps are alot bigger now to accomodate sprinting and other AA’s which makes maps less diverse and alot larger than H3 for example. So yuo can therefore deduce if we have H3 or H2 movement speed and the same maps sizes as those games, sprinting is no longer needed. I liked Halo because their was no sprint. Sprinting worksi n games like COD were one shot to the toe kills oyu, but in a game like Halo that has long kill times it becomes a noobs escape from deatth. I liked Halo without sprint more because it was the closest game we had to Doom,Quake,UT the classic and if I may say Best FPS Games around! (Until Halo came out of course)

Killing someone who’s sprinting isn’t that much harder if you have decent aim. If they get away, oh well. Easy come, easy go.

You can’t get EVERY kill, and if you want to take away everything a person could use to defend him/herself, then I’ve got a great game for you!

Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2012, available at your local game retailer!

> What’s the issue if everyone has sprint? If someone runs away, you chase them. You’re going at the same speed, so they aren’t really going to lose you. But it does speed up gameplay by helping people who spawn out of the action get into the fight faster. I think Sprint should come back as a universal ability like every other game instead of something that’s selectable. Hell, let us shoot while sprinting. Problem solved.

No. I guarantee if Halo 4 went back to the roots of Halo 2, it would be a great Halo game. No more of this stupid jet pack, armor lock, cloaking, sprinting bs that is Halo Reach. I want my Halo 4 to be simple but yet requires skill to be good at. I wouldn’t even mind if equipment returned for Halo 4 because equipment is more balanced and can be easily removed from playlists if for some reason it became unpopular for Halo 4. Another reason why equipment is better is because it only had a one time use. After you use, bam! you are right back to classic Halo play instead of stupid AA’s that remain with you for the whole duration of the match.

> If halo 2 went back online today for xbox live, I bet a ton of people would be playing it. It is an incredible game online.

Not sure about a ton, people are easily swayed by pretty new graphics and the word new in general. But it sure would get a healthy amount. Before it went offline I was having more fun playing it than Halo 3, MW2 and BF:BC2, the three major console FPS games out at the time.

I personally think FPS games have just peaked in terms of what can be done with gameplay, and now we’re just getting simplified games, or games trying to appeal to every audience instead of sticking what originally made it so great as gaming becomes more popular and embraces it’s recently earned mainstream identity.

So hopefully Halo 4 will go back to what made the series originally so great.

Otherwise I’ll still be waiting for HL2: EP3.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Equipment was decent. They should work on that. Loadouts are the dumbest idea along with aa’s. Has anyone play the classic playlist yet? I watched videos of it and it looks amazing and fun.

The main point comes down to skill, as I see most people complain about how with AAs it takes away the skill aspect. If you’re so good, what’s the problem? You should have learned by now how to easily dispatch an opponent who is using any of the AAs or you shouldn’t be playing. I don’t use any AA except Sprint, I don’t see the point and being defenseless flying high in the sky, and armor lock is just bubble shield without the ability to drive a vehicle through it. Seriously, could you all just stop complaining about how it takes no skill, because obviously you’re complaining because someone beat you and you lack the skill. It added a new variety to the game, call it gimmicky, call it what you will, doesn’t matter, if you were SO AMAZING at the game you should be able to defend yourself properly from any one of the AAs.

What’s wrong with it? Instead of ditching it, fix the problems you have with it. Keep the movement speed high (120% movement speed in customs still feels great with sprint), make it so that you can’t sprint if you’re being shot at, and tweak it so that it takes a longer time to recover before you can shoot/melee/swing your sword again.

There, all of your anti-sprint problems are solved and the pro-sprinters get to keep their map movement. Now please people, stop making these damn threads. We get it, you hate change and sprint is bad because Call of Duty uses it.