Halo: Contact Harvest (Game Idea).

I know everyone here is in anticipation of the HXO reveal, whether it’s Halo 5 or H2A. But I’ve got another idea (not for this game, but just a game idea in general) for a new Halo game.

So like the title says, a FPS Halo: Contact Harvest. For those who have read the books, they follow the path of a young Sgt. Johnson and the events that took place at the start of the Human-Covenant war. What I’m thinking is we would be an unnamed marine (or possibly Jenkins) following the tail of Sgt. Johnson through his various escapades, possibly even into the Halo CE timeframe.

The opening reveal trailer would be a video of Truth adressing a small council. He would be showing them the blips, marked “Artifact” which in reality are the Reclaimers. It would go through his plan (those who read the book may remember) and how it came to be that the Human-Covenant War started.

Eventually, the camera (which had been circling truth in the inner council chamber from Halo 2, moving behind pillars and giving a closer faceup when it came out) would pan back out and reveal Truth now speaking across the large open council chamber (from Halo 2, with the Dreadnaught in the background) saying “… The Age of Reclaimation has begun!”

The screen would then flash black/dark blue, we’d hear a single note and the title would appear on screen.

Anyway, thoughts? And would you like to see a Halo game based around the start of the Human-Covenant war?

If we have this it should explain why none of these guys promoted for almost 30 years.

The first half of Contact Harvest would be quite difficult to implement into a game (there’s not much combat, aside from an encounter on a small cruiser that I’m not going to spoil to those who haven’t read the book), but I could see the latter half potentially being made into a game. 343i could pull a reverse The Flood, where instead of having the novel expand on the game, the game could expand on the novel.

> The first half of Contact Harvest would be quite difficult to implement into a game (there’s not much combat, aside from an encounter on a small cruiser that I’m not going to spoil to those who haven’t read the book), but I could see the latter half potentially being made into a game. 343i could pull a reverse The Flood, where instead of having the novel expand on the game, the game could expand on the novel.

That’s what I was thinking too. What they could do is have the first couple missions detailing Johnsons… Incident, if you remember (it involves a guass canon, a bomb and a squad of marines) or some other part detailing the Inssurrectionist activities.

They could also have a mission detailing the training exercises of Jenkins and that group of marines (which may be a bit boring, but if they do the mission training as well that might be interesting) and possibly the same from a covenant standpoint, although that might be more difficult to do.

But yeah, I think the second half of the novel and the game expanding on the novel would be a good idea.

I think this would be a Halo game I wouldn’t get

1. I didn’t like Johnson
  2. Contact Harvest was probably my least favourite book (that ending wtf)

Do we really need to go back to Harvest though?

> Do we really need to go back to Harvest though?

Maybe not, but it might be interesting to see where it all started from a game perspective, especially if it allows those who haven’t read the books to understand why it all happened and just how corrupt Truth was.

> > Do we really need to go back to Harvest though?
>
> Maybe not, <mark>but it might be interesting to see where it all started from a game perspective</mark>, especially if it allows those who haven’t read the books to understand why it all happened and just how corrupt Truth was.

Wasn’t that what Halo Wars was for? Besides, should we really be going back in the timeline now instead of moving forward?