Halo Community is Great

I had around 4 Mongoose destroyer medals left to achieve my last commendation for halo 5. I had been on 4 for about 2 weeks, and just couldn’t take it anymore. I figured I would just ask some people for help, so I did. I went into Warzone and asked one of the people on the other team to call in nothing but mongooses for the entire match hoping I would get lucky and be able to take some of them out. There was no response to the message, but the next thing I know, I see a guy on a mongoose just doing laps. I ended up finishing it that game.

Im not bragging about how I accomplished this feat, but I just wanted to say thank you to the halo community. The memories i’ve made, the people i’ve met, and everything else in between has been unreal. The halo community is unlike any other.

See you on the battlefield spartans.

Isn’t that cheating?

Did you thank him for his gallant sacrifice? :grinning:

I was once in a 4v1 and I messaged the players on the other team asking for a ceasefire.

To my surprise, they agreed.

> 2533275005778961;1:
> I had around 4 Mongoose destroyer medals left to achieve my last commendation for halo 5. I had been on 4 for about 2 weeks, and just couldn’t take it anymore. I figured I would just ask some people for help, so I did. I went into Warzone and asked one of the people on the other team to call in nothing but mongooses for the entire match hoping I would get lucky and be able to take some of them out. There was no response to the message, but the next thing I know, I see a guy on a mongoose just doing laps. I ended up finishing it that game.
>
> Im not bragging about how I accomplished this feat, but I just wanted to say thank you to the halo community. The memories i’ve made, the people i’ve met, and everything else in between has been unreal. The halo community is unlike any other.
>
> See you on the battlefield spartans.

Nice to see people working together to help out a fellow Spartan!

> 2533274971565732;2:
> Isn’t that cheating?

I don’t know if it is cheating, I would call it negotiating.

> 2533274870717152;3:
> Did you thank him for his gallant sacrifice? :grinning:
>
> I was once in a 4v1 and I messaged the players on the other team for a ceasefire.
>
> To my surprise, they agreed.

There are those times that people will show you that anything is possible.

Lucky you. There’s always someone out there to help. BTW did you message the guy who was doing laps to say thanks after the match?

> 2533275005778961;1:
> I had around 4 Mongoose destroyer medals left to achieve my last commendation for halo 5. I had been on 4 for about 2 weeks, and just couldn’t take it anymore. I figured I would just ask some people for help, so I did. I went into Warzone and asked one of the people on the other team to call in nothing but mongooses for the entire match hoping I would get lucky and be able to take some of them out. There was no response to the message, but the next thing I know, I see a guy on a mongoose just doing laps. I ended up finishing it that game.
>
> Im not bragging about how I accomplished this feat, but I just wanted to say thank you to the halo community. The memories i’ve made, the people i’ve met, and everything else in between has been unreal. The halo community is unlike any other.
>

How the -Yoink- did you get them to cooperate? Also props to you,. I would personally have done it through btb where there are some mongooses. But I guess this still works. No doubt others have done it too.

The community can be great sometimes. When I was in Halo 4 I was in a CTF match and after I quickly scored the first flag I noticed that the other team weren’t attacking and when I went over to them I saw that they were letting us get achievements on them. It was a great moment and it was how I got the stupid double kill with the one pulse grenade achievement (can’t remember the name of it)

> 2533275005778961;1:
>
>

Haha, that’s awesome. I would’ve totally done that for you. I like to win matches, but I’ll goof around for the first few rounds of WZFF, no doubt.

Dude, I thought some of the halo community player are complete ***holes. I was playing a social CTF and I spartan charged a teammate who had no shields. We were down 2-0 and i was frustrated. He wasn’t really making a difference because he was about to die anyway, so i just finished him off. Then, he messaged me and called me a loser, and said I cost us the game. I called him a hater, reported him, and blocked him. I wish I had the experiences that you guys have experienced :frowning:

> 2535441281450355;9:
> He wasn’t really making a difference because he was about to die anyway, so i just finished him off.

If you did that to him, I’m not surprised that he reacted the way he did.

Was it just you two against a full team?

> 2533274971565732;2:
> Isn’t that cheating?

Not quite sure why you think this is cheating. Just a couple of Spartans helping each other out.

> 2533274863544717;11:
> > 2533274971565732;2:
> > Isn’t that cheating?
>
> Not quite sure why you think this is cheating. Just a couple of Spartans helping each other out.

Cheating? Probably not, but his commendation should come with an asterisk. :slight_smile:

> 2533274870717152;10:
> > 2535441281450355;9:
> > He wasn’t really making a difference because he was about to die anyway, so i just finished him off.
>
> If you did that to him, I’m not surprised that he reacted the way he did.
>
> Was it just you two against a full team?

no, it was 4v4 and our team was sucking ***

The community can be great sometimes, but it can also be horrible other times.

> 2533274870717152;3:
>
> I was once in a 4v1 and I messaged the players on the other team for a ceasefire.
>

Haha dude, that’s freaking awesome!

> 2533274863544717;11:
> > 2533274971565732;2:
> > Isn’t that cheating?
>
> Not quite sure why you think this is cheating. Just a couple of Spartans helping each other out.

he was playing against an opponent who wasn’t trying to prevent him from winning, -which by itself isn’t cheating- and instead the opponent is trying to lose to boost the stats of the other team. Doesn’t boosting qualify as a form of cheating? I know its “Just a couple of Spartans helping each other out” and I don’t see much harm in that. I was just asking if that is cheating.

I can see this happening in 2007 but now I doubt I would get that much respect.

> 2533274805640921;17:
> I can see this happening in 2007 but now I doubt I would get that much respect.

There are still a lot of us who hold the old mindset of gentleman’s warfare, and fair game. Sometimes though people just get so wrapped up in winning they forget that however.

Thats nice to see OP. Halo 5 is tough, so more than ever we need nice people playing.

> 2533275005778961;1:
>
>

It’s all about people helping people! :slight_smile:

This said, this shouldn’t even be an issue because these kinds of Commendations shouldn’t exist. Commendations that require specific things… Aka kill x mongooses… Kill x Spartans with a Phaeton, kill x Spartans with a plasma pistol or whatever. They are dumb and ridiculous. Why? Because, you have people playing that are only going after that one Commendation and not actually playing the match, which in turns screws over the rest of your team. I still remember to this day kids running around with ONLY the Plasma Pistol or Boltshot in Halo 4 trying to get those damn Commendations!!! UGH!!!

These type of commendations should not be in a Halo game. Commendations should be things like (THESE ARE EXAMPLES NOT THINGS NECESSARILY THAT SHOULD BE IN) Win X rounds in ranked or soical playlists, destroy x amount of cores in warzone, Win x amount of firefight matches, kill x Spartans with land vehicles, destroy x vehicles and so on. Basic things that don’t lead to people changing how they play a match. Obviously you make the amount REALLY big too.

I absolutely can’t stand these kind of commendations that have been in Halo 4 and 5. The one to get the Achilles of kill x marines would be fine if it wasn’t just in one mode of play. There is a huge chunk of your population that doesn’t even like Warzone or want to play it lol. That has to be the worst commendation ever, right up there with Halo 4 with get X Plasma Pistol kills… Just terrible!

> 2533274870717152;3:
>
> I was once in a 4v1 and I messaged the players on the other team asking for a ceasefire.
>

I have been in that situation where I was on The Winning Side and we didn’t even message the guy we just stopped shooting and started to see if we could stock for Spartans on top of each other. The guy in the other team got the message Lol As fun as it was it was a huge waste of time, just another reason why there should be a surrender option.

> 2533274870717152;3:
>
> I was once in a 4v1 and I messaged the players on the other team asking for a ceasefire.
>

In Team Arena, in Slayer 4v2 or 1 scenarios, it’s not uncommon for the team with numbers to gain the lead and then use the remaining time to practice jumps and allow the other team to do the same. I’ve been on both sides of this situation. 4v3 is more of a gray area.

In Strongholds or CTF, the team with less players often gives up and lets the other team win as quickly as possible and the team with numbers often respects that and will ignore the members of the other team and not bother killing them, even when they’re in plain sight. It’s just good manners.