Halo Community, How To Respond To Wannabe "Trolls"

Just got out of a warzone match, where this guy was trying to upset me, by just being overly stupid, after I told him to please calm down because he wasn’t helping. He then started to barrage me with insults that I would hear from a 10 year old. When I told him to stop taking his failure out on his team as a form of self validation he then began saying I was fat girl who is unloved blah blah all the same crap I heard back when I was 16 on Halo 3, so its nice to know some members of the community haven’t grown up.

Well anyways I leave to continue my slough warzone assualt games (open slots if anyone wants to join) and he messages me my parents don’t love me, called me a loser and whatever. So in order to shut him up entirely, I began spamming him “I’m offended” over and over via the message up on my Windows Phone. He tried to keep up but eventually just stopped. I trolled him a little more by telling him “I crie everyteim” before telling him GG, but he can’t out troll a person who has been trolling since the dawn of the internet.

Morale of the story, he thought he could troll me but instead he bit off more then he chew.

What about you? Whats your favorite trash talker “victory”?

So basically you spammed him messages which he can turn around and report you for harassment, communications, and spam. I wouldn’t exactly call that a victory.

Maybe try blocking them instead of dropping to their level.

> 2661949065475413;2:
> So basically you spammed him messages which he can turn around and report you for harassment, communications, and spam. I wouldn’t exactly call that a victory.
>
> Maybe try blocking them instead of dropping to their level.

if they DID look over the case, he wouldnt have grounds he did it first.

besides its not like I dont have another account to play on shrug

> 2533274833937345;3:
> > 2661949065475413;2:
> > So basically you spammed him messages which he can turn around and report you for harassment, communications, and spam. I wouldn’t exactly call that a victory.
> >
> > Maybe try blocking them instead of dropping to their level.
>
>
> if they DID look over the case, he wouldnt have grounds he did it first.
>
> besides its not like I dont have another account to play on shrug

Then both of you would be reported for Harassment. Retaliation is usually never the right answer.

Good good.
let the hate flow through you.

> 2533274833937345;1:
> Just got out of a warzone match, where this guy was trying to upset me, by just being overly stupid, after I told him to please calm down because he wasn’t helping. He then started to barrage me with insults that I would hear from a 10 year old. When I told him to stop taking his failure out on his team as a form of self validation he then began saying I was fat girl who is unloved blah blah all the same crap I heard back when I was 16 on Halo 3, so its nice to know some members of the community haven’t grown up.
>
> Well anyways I leave to continue my slough warzone assualt games (open slots if anyone wants to join) and he messages me my parents don’t love me, called me a loser and whatever. So in order to shut him up entirely, I began spamming him “I’m offended” over and over via the message up on my Windows Phone. He tried to keep up but eventually just stopped. I trolled him a little more by telling him “I crie everyteim” before telling him GG, but he can’t out troll a person who has been trolling since the dawn of the internet.
>
> Morale of the story, he thought he could troll me but instead he bit off more then he chew.
>
> What about you? Whats your favorite trash talker “victory”?

Simple rule: Don’t feed the trolls
By spamming…the person think he has won by getting you mad. Simple logic.

> 2533274800383882;4:
> Retaliation is usually never the right answer.

This ^
Report them and move on, reponding is what they want you to do. Don’t lower yourself to their level. Same with trolls that post on forums, it may seem cool to reply but your best option is always to hit the report button and just move on to another thread. Don’t give them the satisfaction of a reply

> 2533274800383882;4:
> > 2533274833937345;3:
> > > 2661949065475413;2:
> > > So basically you spammed him messages which he can turn around and report you for harassment, communications, and spam. I wouldn’t exactly call that a victory.
> > >
> > > Maybe try blocking them instead of dropping to their level.
> >
> >
> > if they DID look over the case, he wouldnt have grounds he did it first.
> >
> > besides its not like I dont have another account to play on shrug
>
>
> Then both of you would be reported for Harassment. Retaliation is usually never the right answer.

This. I don’t really know why you’re somewhat proud of stooping to his level.