Halo Community Charity Marathon

Coming up in a couple of weeks, XForgery is going to be hosting an all out, entire Halo Community Charity Marathon. We want to get as many Halo communities involved as possible to get support and raise awareness. We’re collecting donations for Child’s Play, and giving out prizes to those who participate and/or donate. The event is all about having fun, meeting new people and raising money for charity.

http://charity.xforgery.com

The event will last the entirety of the weekend from August 5th - 7th. What we’re looking for from other communities is to supply a host(s) for some time within that time frame so we can get as many open parties as possible throughout the event. Helping us advertise the event would also be much appreciated. And, if you’re feeling really generous, we’re also looking to add to our donated prizes list to be given away to the participants.

We’re opening up the doors today to other communities, and we hope to have a great turn out. We already have many communites apart of it!

I’m all over this like a sticky spree. Hope to see you guys there.

As of right now, the Aug 5th-7th dates are not set in stone. We may have more communities jumping in that might need another week to prepare.

Regardless, it’s going down in August. We will have more details the moment we get them. They will be updated in this thread: http://www.xforgery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14382

I will be participating, and hopefully donating. Lets do this!

Great idea guy’s, they seem like a quality set of custom playlist’s and you can’t fault the charity, plus who wouldn’t want to win a map pack or a little flood pet. If it’s not been set in stone wouldn’t it be a cool little fan tie-in to have it that weekend halofest is on, the last one in August.

Thanks to everyone who is going to be participating! Spread the word!

What is most important is this is a chance to help sick kids. Child’s Play gives gives hospitalized children games, books, and toys. I’ve seen how hard it is for kids to go through long medical treatments like chemo, and these gifts really help them put their minds at ease and let them experience childhood again. I hope you guys open your hearts to them.

> What is most important is this is a chance to help sick kids. Child’s Play gives gives hospitalized children games, books, and toys. I’ve seen how hard it is for kids to go through long medical treatments like chemo, and these gifts really help them put their minds at ease and let them experience childhood again. I hope you guys open your hearts to them.

Well put.

I need a weapon…

This is fantastic. Thanks for putting this together. I’ll be posting about it on my site next week.

I believe this was started here.

Halo Waypoint Community Charity Event for Child’s Play

Either way it’s a great idea, and look forward to participating.

<4

Thanks Dax, and his post was first, I just posted up a little more informative one.

> Thanks Dax, and his post was first, I just posted up a little more informative one.

Oh right, I apologize, I didn’t look at the dates of the original post only the most recent posts.

<4