Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary - Firefight Discussion

I read on [(Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary | Halo Alpha | Fandom)]Halopedia]([Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary | Halo Alpha | Fandom) that the new and unique Firefight map just might contain the Flood as an opponent, and as awesome as that would be I still feel like I want to ask for just one simple thing to also be in it.

A [(M12 Force Application Vehicle | Halo Alpha | Fandom)]Warthog]([M12 Force Application Vehicle | Halo Alpha | Fandom).

If I could just have one single, normal Warthog I would be so grateful and so happy. Halo: Reach’s Firefight mode was not as pleasing to me as I had hoped, while in Halo 3: ODST I enjoyed Firefight a lot. The deciding factor was of course the Warthog.

You see, me and a friend has been playing Halo together for over 5 years now, and our favourite type of gameplay is vehicular gameplay. I am always the driver and he is always the gunner, a passenger may tag along if he wishes transport to the other side or if we are playing an Objective game.

When Halo 3: ODST came out I was, as when any Halo based game has been released, ecstatic. As I played through the Campaign I became more and more disappointed. The characters where cheesy and hard to love, I was hoping that there would be some tragic twist where they died one by one so that we might see how horrible the Covenants assault on Earth really was, but somehow 6 ODST troopers managed to kill thousands of Covenant troops, whether it was mere Grunts or even Brutes or Hunters. The whole Campaign made me think that the UNSC wasted a whole lot of time and money on creating Spartans. I died a little bit inside when the biggest threat 2 Hunters posed to a single lonely little ODST was that he “didn’t have time for this”.

But I am not here to rant about Halo 3: ODST’s horrible Campaign, I am here to ask you to put a Warthog into the new Firefight map if it’s size will accommodate one. Because the 'Hog Runs me and my friend had on [(Lost Platoon | Halo Alpha | Fandom)]Lost Platoon](http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Platoon) almost superseded the fun we have had in 'Hog Runs versus actual players sometimes. We have tried to relive the feeling in Halo: Reach’s Firefight mode but none of the maps have a normal Warthog, and the [(http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M12R_Light_Anti-Armor_Vehicle)]Rocket Warthog is simply just not fun. I prefer to play Team Slayer over Team Rockets.
I would also like to ask you to make it so the Warthog has an enhanced version of the player’s shields, like in Halo 3. That might not be as easy to implement, as I am sure your Firefight map will also use Halo: Reach’s engine.

If I may be so bold to suggest that for your future titles, including Halo 4, is that all vehicles will use the shielding system used in Halo 3 except for tanks such as the [(M808B Main Battle Tank | Halo Alpha | Fandom)]Scorpion Tank](http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M808B_Main_Battle_Tank) and the [(http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Wraith)]Wraith, as they would be far to powerful with it. The Banshee in particular needs to be upgraded in survivability and downgraded in attack power, right now it’s a flying Rocket Launcher made of glass.

TL;DR
I’d really like for normal Warthogs to be in the new Firefight map.

I would also love to see a regular Warthog in FF.

Did they ever say whether this level would be ripped straight from a section CE’s campaign, or just visually based on one?

> Did they ever say whether this level would be ripped straight from a section CE’s campaign, or just visually based on one?

No, they said it would be “particularly appropriate to Halo: Combat Evolved” but that’s it.

Alright so sure we’re getting 6 competitive multiplayer map (2 of which confirmed as Battle Creek and Damnation , and 1 very likely to be Timberland), but how about some speculation for what the seventh multiplayer map will be. The firefight one.

We know it’s one set in a Halo CE locale that seems very “appropriate”, but what could it be? My personal guess is the Grav Lift site of the Truth and Reconciliation. It just screams fight wave after wave of Covenant forces dropping down from above or deploying from dropships on the side. Course there isn’t really any cover around the lift and putting up shades would be incredibly cheap as it was in campaign.

What do you guys think?

Library or the area where you first crash land in the game (name of mission escapes me) I really just wanna defend that waterfall area for some reason. It was the first thing I thought of when I heard of firefight because as a kid (a strange kid at that) I would love to just chill at the waterfall for like 10 minutes until going on with the mission

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think the room and area around where the chief wakes up from Cyrosleep would be an awesome place to defend

I’m not really sure. I would hope it was based around fighting the flood though.

Also, Hang em High was shown already. Not verbally confirmed but shown in a screen shot.

something with the flod would be cool

> I’m not really sure. I would hope it was based around fighting the flood though.
>
> Also, Hang em High was shown already. Not verbally confirmed but shown in a screen shot.

Ah that’s right. High Em’ High was shown. So that makes for 3 confirmed, 1 maybe, and 2 completely unknown.

As for the Flood I doubt it. It’s supposed to be integrated with Reach, and since Reach didn’t have the mechanics and option for Flood stuff I doubt this new firefight map would be able to introduce it.

> > I’m not really sure. I would hope it was based around fighting the flood though.
> >
> > Also, Hang em High was shown already. Not verbally confirmed but shown in a screen shot.
>
> Ah that’s right. High Em’ High was shown. So that makes for 3 confirmed, 1 maybe, and 2 completely unknown.

One looks a bit like either Infinity or Danger Canyon, and another looks like Timberland. I can only hope that all three are in, but that’s just me.

My guess is that it’ll be at a place like this where you start at the top and fight the waves being dropped off below.

ok, i havent seen anything on this forum about it, so ill ask, what map do you think they are/ want them to be making into the new firefight map with H;CEA?

personaly i would love it to be the controll room pyramid from AotCR vehiular combat on the open ground, long sight lines, plenty of airspace for banshees, the high ‘bridge’ above the pyramid where snipers can spawn keeping you on your toes if you just sit at the top and long range it. and to give people a reason to come down, put the weapon drop weapons on the bottom tier or ground infront of the pyramid.

give your ideas, and why you think it would work

It’ll have the Flood, I can almost guarantee it.

The flood’s models are all getting upgraded in Halo CEA. So that means there are now models which can be used in a Halo:Reach firefight map. This wasn’t possible before because the Flood weren’t in Reach and there were no models to use.

while i never mentioned what enemies you would like, theres plenty of that flooding the place (you see what i did there?) i agree it would be nice to throw flood into the firefight mix.but they have confirmed there are going to be 6 MP maps and a FF map bundled with CEA, the MP maps are not maps that have already been remade in reach, or are easy to remake in forge, we already know they are going to have damnation, hang em high and battle creek for 3 of the 6 MP maps, but i wanted to know what people wanted or expected to see as the firefight MAP 343 will give us.

as for adding flood to the reach firefght lists, while the A.I. for firefight is programed differently for each map, as it has different terrain etc to interact with, the A.I. package is unique to each map so to add flood as an option for opponents they would need to either give them the same A.I. program as existing enemies, which is not so fun. or fully patch the entire firefght section of the engine. the only easy way for this new map to have food is if they only made them available in the CEA version and not if you use the maps on reach, which they already mentioned somewhere you can download/save the maps to your HDD to use with reach not just CEA

A New Firefight map can mean 2 things
1.Its new
2.A old MM map gone to FF and there for a “New FF” map. (this could be true as when it was first announced they said halo CEA would have 7 remasterd maps. It was’nt till recently they said 1 new firefight map. )

Lets say this new map for FF is 2
what map do you think in halo map history would be best suited for firefight.

(The next part is my opinion. rate or say what you say but you don’t half to read)
To me the best map for the job is Terminal
Its a large open area with plenty of space for Ghost, Wraiths, and revenants alike. Maybe even an over head banshee.
Theres several close quarters areas to and the second biggest hazard in halo history. A train.
Last this map made halo history as the last map ever played on halo 2 online

Its most likely a memorable moment in the campaign, but personally I think headlong would make an AWESOME firefight map! Imagine defending one of Reach’s inner cities against a covenant invasion! Shooting from skyscraper to skyscraper, close quarter combat, elevated combat, and awesome warthog runs to boot!

Although terminal is a good idea

How about outside the building where we first meet the flood in CE? Have that jungle-ish area be a FF map with Flood enemies (highly anticipated that Flood will be added to the enemy list for this particular FF map…)

I would be in heart with this idea.

I’m fairly certain that it’s going to be a CE campaign region.

> How about outside the building where we first meet the flood in CE? Have that jungle-ish area be a FF map with Flood enemies (highly anticipated that Flood will be added to the enemy list for this particular FF map…)
>
> I would be in heart with this idea.

Do Want.

> I’m fairly certain that it’s going to be a CE campaign region.

like a forest?